Payware Stalled!

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
My problem goes back to route builders using payware items for a freeware route. General not a big problem, except when they pick one important item from one payware route, 3 others from another route etc. etc.. That is not wise...
So my dilemma is I needed 1 important item from the Edinburgh to Dundee route. Not having it installed, I proceeded to do so, and then ran out of internet allowance.... :confused: I believe the first 2 packs out installed, leaving 5 more. The problem is it won't resume, nor will it now list it in the initial download screen, nor can I delete the route to start again. It seems every-time I go to download some nice route there are always a list of missing dependencies and we all know what that's like.

Is there any way to delete what's downloaded so I can start again? All this just for <kuid2:124017:10030:3> I believe. :'(
(Not to mention the waste of the monthly internet allowance, it ain't endless or free!!!)

I show that kuid as "Scrapyard Crane." On my install I see Payware Dependants as:
ECML Edinburgh-Dundee
TRS-19 Port Zyd
Fall Harvest Nebraska
Shortz & Kerl Traction Railroad

I believe you can delete it's folders in "Packages" found in your data folder, do a DBR and then Store/app should see it as not installed. (If you can't delete it in Content Store.)

Last edited:
I show that kuid as "Scrapyard Crane." On my install I see Payware Dependants as:
ECML Edinburgh-Dundee
TRS-19 Port Zyd
Fall Harvest Nebraska
Shortz & Kerl Traction Railroad

I believe you can delete it's folders in "Packages" found in your data folder, do a DBR and then Store/app should see it as not installed. (If you can't delete it in Content Store.)

Yes. Remove the routes. Look for the appropriate SC package-folders. Remember there may be multiple in the series such as SC465, SC465A, SC465B (made this up to show an example).

Run a DBR. A regular one will suffice.

Download again from Content Store and you should be all set.

<KUID2:124017:10030:2>Scrapyard Crane by Maddy25

Its on the DLS as a TS2004 item, - just as most of the assets in TRS19 seem to be these days. Could you perhaps download it and change the '2' suffix' to '3' and all would be well again without wounding your internet allowance any further.

That is one insane crane. I had a steelworks in TS2009 that used it and it was a scary thing to be around.

Last edited:
Without knowing what the package numbers are, I can't delete them, although I suspect it's SC490 as these have todays date. As for <KUID2:124017:10030:2> I already have that installed so why isn't version 3 available? Surely it hasn't gone from freeware to payware? Another glitch?

Without knowing what the package numbers are, I can't delete them, although I suspect it's SC490 as these have todays date. As for <KUID2:124017:10030:2> I already have that installed so why isn't version 3 available? Surely it hasn't gone from freeware to payware? Another glitch?

It's builtin in SP1 and SP2. So it's very likely to not be on the DLS. And with TS2019 being fussy like it is it won't want poor old <KUID2:124017:10030:2>

Open your route and delete missing assets. This should remove version 3 and replace it with version 2. Some payware became built-in with some earlier DLC downloads and may remain as built-in on some people's computers. N3V has said that all DLS assets that got used in a DLC package should be on the DLS with the updated or newer version number. We need to compile a list of all DLS assets that have been used in DLC packages and given a higher version number than the DLS one.

Last weekend I made a new database to test some sessions I had made in a much larger database and I found that all the sessions failed to run because the "check trackside" rule was not installed.
I checked the DB where I created the sessions and the rule was Built In and the dependant was Edinburgh - Dundee route.
I raised a ticket because I could not understand how an asset that had been DLS was now called built in but was locked into one DLC package.
Within three days the asset was replaced on the DLS and this was the reply I received to the ticket I raised.
"Good Afternoon DennR
Thank you for contacting us regarding this. In some cases we may be provided updates to assets, or may update these internally, during the development of builtin content. In the case of this asset, it appears that this was updated during development but the update wasn't released. I have passed this on to our team to ensure that the update is released as soon as possible (this should be within the next few days)."

I did say i had no faith in the way assets are managed in the creation of DLC packages, but this was treated as an isolated instance but the experiences of you guys makes it very clear this is a major problem with the system of asset management.

My content store info says ECML Edinburgh- Dundee is SC490.

Here's a wiki page with numbers: click the two lines under "Complete DLC Listing" found under 2nd pic.
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing
(I'm not sure how up to date the list is nor how accurate it is. It's a Wiki page after all.)

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to give up on the Dundee route, between finding alternatives and finding the Altoona route (that needed these rare hard to find items) a total mess, I'll save myself the grief. Plus I changed service providers but found in one day I've used up my monthly internet over this!

Hi All
Thank you for the report of this asset not being on the DLS :) I've got a task to look at shortly (hopefully in the next few days) to upload another batch of asset updates to the DLS that were included in builtin content packs (or, less often, in DLC packs - this is more likely to be an update submitted by the route builder), and have added this one as well.

If anyone finds further, please send a ticket to the helpdesk and we can get them looked at ASAP. Unfortunately sometimes during development of builtin content we may have to fix errors; however as it can sometimes get very busy during the final stages uploading the fixed assets can sometimes be missed. We have improved handling of this in many cases, but sometimes it still gets missed.

Regards

Back