Is this a hint to the future direction of Trainz?

K_181

The new TRS19 SP3 Beta 111341 hides non DLC routes by default

The new default menu setting in Driver/Surveyor is set to Routes - Purchased. It shows only purchased DLC content both installed and not installed. It hides all routes that are installed from DLS, third parties and locally modified or created.

I wonder if this change to show only DLC by default is to condition players to think that N3V DLC content is the ONLY content to use?

Is this a hint at the future direction Trainz is planning to take where only N3V DLC content exists, where all content creators are forced to sell through the Trainz Store and the DLS is no more?

I wonder if this change ... is to condition players

Is this a hint at the future direction Trainz is planning to take ....

Its a beta, things like that happen. There are enough conspiracy theories in the world today without bringing them into our favourite hobby.

A lot can happen between the beta and the RC1, RC2, etc.

But thank you for informing me that a new beta was available (I haven't been paying attention to the beta forums). Installing it now.

Done. Now I see what you are talking about - that change was made in SP2 (I believe) so it is nothing new. In any case my standard method of selecting a route is to start typing its name in the Search box next to the Region button. It is much quicker that way.

Back to reality ...

Last edited:
Yes.. that was done in SP2. pware is correct. It does not "hide" anything. It's a filter that defaults to "Purchased." Just set it to "installed" and you will see all your installed Routes (or Consists, or Loco's, or Rolling Stock, etc depending what the "Type" filter is set to."

And like pware, I just find my routes by typing in the search box. As soon as you start typing routes will appear and filter down as you type more.

Different language in betas?
My SP2 is set to ROUTES - OWNED. Seems to include DLS and DLC.... Must be by default, as I have changed nothing. I do not even see "PURCHASED", I only see "PREMIUM CONTENT" as an option.

"Source" dropdown menu:

My 110491 has: All, Download Station, Installed, Owned, My Content, Built-in, Locally modified, Premium Content, Favorites. Default is "Owned"

My 111341 has: "Purchased" instead of "Owned." Same thing, different language. Default is "Purchased."

Hmmmm..... To me "Premium Content" should be the same as Purchased. It looks like they are including DLS under Owned, but not under Purchased, so they are not giving it the same meaning. I guess you have to set it to "ALL" then to see all of your routes, in which case that should be the default, in my opinion.

I only want to see the items I have actually installed. If I want to see un-installed items I'll use Content Manager. And why default me to see all the "Cloud" multiPlayer routes that I'll never use.

The whole thing is messed up. Clicking on purchased shows downloaded as well as my own content. I reported this to the QA team and was told this issue was passed back to the developers.

Yeah, I was thinking of "All" as "All Installed". No way I would want to see all the routes installed or not. As 1611Mac says, that is what CM is for. So then I see no parallel to "Owned", which to me would be Payware DLC plus Downloaded DLS Routes.

Back