TRS19 Beta 111341 (PC) 11347 (Steam PC) and 111343 (Mac)

@Tony: Apologies for the late reply. timezone difference is the culprit here

splines and tracks updating is getting slower again now my route is getting bigger.
>>
Ron, please provide specific details of what you are seeing.

Big_b described exactly what I am noticing:

I've got something similar . When I delete track I don't get a freeze but quite a long pause before the track deletes
As well nearly all spline objects in about a 300mtr radius from the deleted track vanishes as the deleted track deletes then re appears maybe about 2-3 seconds

Is this during laying of track only?

track -and- splines

How slow is slower?

tracks and splines disappearing and re rendering as big_b said and it gets progressively longer when I add (merge) another layout ( my own layouts) to the route. ( up to appr. 10 seconds before I am able to continue ) and/or adding/deleting tracks and splines

What are you actually seeing (the track will be re-rendered each time you add a new spline).

yes, track and splines re rendering

How long are the track segments you are laying? (100-500m lengths are recommended)

length of splines/tracks doesn't seem to have any impact. happens with very short splines ( 5-10m ) as well as 100/200m, etc.

Is this build slower than older builds when comparing like for like? If so how much slower?

as far as I can remember this behaviour started with the release of SP2

Is anyone else having problems laying splines in this build?

Also, is anyone else having thumbnail issues in CM?

Ron

Track Profile Change & beta tips

Hi all, Had a few bug reports about the UI not behaving as it used to, which seems to be about the Track Profile no longer being scalable.
The Track Profile is the overlay at the bottom of the screen that shows path ahead, switches, signals, triggers etc.
To scale this (adjust its size), place your cursor over it as before and use CTRL+MW.

Also thanks for the feedback on the spline deletion issues, we're looking into that.
Please make sure you are running the game in Maximise Compatibility mode, not Maximise Performance mode - this can cause track \ spline assets to behave in the manner described.
If possible, please also tell us what spline\track assets you're seeing this with.
Even better is if you can reproduce the issue in a small demo route.
- If no, that's a clue something else is amiss in the source route.
- If yes, you can send that in a CDP to QA, along with the steps used to reproduce it on your machine.

Last note is about sanity - and for beta testing the best way to maintain that is to keep a beta game folder that is separate from your non-beta game folder.
With Steam, it's easy to switch between the beta\non-beta builds. Other installs, not so much as there is no roll-back function.

This applies to data folders as well.
You can share one data folder between the two and this may show issues but tracking it down becomes another matter.
- Making a copy of your existing data folder and connecting the beta build to it, is one approach.
- Creating a new data folder for the beta build is best as this forces you to import \ re-install assets which can help ensure you've got the latest asset version available.

This way you'll already be doing a step that QA is bound to ask, "does it occur in a new data folder"?
- This is because when QA uses the steps provided in a bug report, we are always using a new data folder.
- If something is CNR for us, the reason most likely due to our local environment being different from yours.
- All of this goes back to the "small demo route" discussed above.

The goal is for QA & tester both working from a baselined data folder so we are sync'd up.
This can help us isolate an issue quicker and lets QA & tester operate in a more controlled environment, letting us focus on if the issue is content or code.
Info on data folder management is found here.

I have MacPro 5.1 that has Metal supported graphics card in it. And its running OSX Mojave. I accidentaly updated the beta and now app does not launch, as I have not Big Sur. What are my options? Can I downgrade to earlier version somehow? I do not feel like spending 6,5 grand on new Mac Pro. So How do I uninstall the latest beta and apply the earlier stable pack, even so that I am able to keep the old customised and played data intact?
Sincerely yours,
Ram

Ramster123 - You should still be able to copy your local UserData folder to a safe location (which you should have done anyway before applying the patch).
See the link in ZiKChil's post above about folder management. (It includes MacOSx information).
Once you have safely backed up your personal routes and sessions onto another SSD or HDD somewhere, you can completely uninstall the latest beta version.
Download the non-beta online version available to you in your MyTrainz account and then, when fully installed, match it up to your saved UserData folder, complete one or more database repairs - and avoid patching until your machine is ready for Big Sur.
Good luck with this quest!

This was my fear, that people not running Big Sur will run the patches and be unable to run the game anymore. I think the patcher should check for Big Sur before going on. I think older installers should remain downloadable.

copy your data folder to your documents or an external drive. Then just delete the Trainz app. Reinstall SP2.

Thank you for your help. I will do what you recommended. And it would be nice if installer checks what version of MacOSX user have prior installation.
Ram

this version is wacked finally finished repairing game for like 3 days and now cant even start game. a pop up come up saying cant acess internet due to firewall bs. everything is fine with firewall it allows it.

.. green components : accidentally i placed some cars in my current wip and i noticed that some volkwagens had green parts / components : in all probability metal / chrome .. like for instance <kuid:494602:101296> MG VW Coccinelle by giraud and <kuid:73394:102132> VW Kaefer 50 by bengolle (pic 1) .. no red errors in contentmanager .. and in assetx the .im-file seams to be ok .. (pic 2)
This is caused by the creator not specifying a diffuse/albedo texture on this asset. This is technically invalid, as the materials used technically require a diffuse/albedo, but as one isn't specified at all it will use the default checkboard 'placeholder' texture in it's place, which result in either green or pink, or pink/green checkboarding, texture on it with the reflection then being added to that (how the reflection looks depends on how the material/textures were configured).

Three things determine how an object appears
- render engine, TRS19 has a Physically-Based Rendering system which allows accurately simulated lighting based upon the materials used.
- materials, TRS19 provides far more scope for creators to make metals look metallic, surfaces to be highly reflective or not etc.
- environment settings, see this tutorial to make best use of the tools https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/y4J2Rl

Not all materials will look the same and it depends on the old materials used as to how close it will look in TRS19.
The option here is to play with the environment settings or contact the author to see if they want to create new materials for TRS19.
... thankz a lot for explaining ... i will try to remember this in the future ... so, i noted it down in my skillbuilding database ..
stay safe and healthy
daveric

Back