TRS19 Beta 111341 (PC) 11347 (Steam PC) and 111343 (Mac)

Are there other items downloading/still installing while you are scrolling? If so, I think that will explain the jump.

Just tried again selected
Installed -- True
Catagory -- locomotives
163 found
The whole page is fully loaded all images showing

Starts jumping up about 1/2 way
When I get to the bottom it jumps back up to 110

Removed thumbs and tried all items installed in list view,got to the bottom 17000 odd and it stayed there but green bar was flashing on jumping

.. green components : accidentally i placed some cars in my current wip and i noticed that some volkwagens had green parts / components : in all probability metal / chrome .. like for instance <kuid:494602:101296> MG VW Coccinelle by giraud and <kuid:73394:102132> VW Kaefer 50 by bengolle (pic 1) .. no red errors in contentmanager .. and in assetx the .im-file seams to be ok .. (pic 2)
[/CODE]

This is caused by the creator not specifying a diffuse/albedo texture on this asset. This is technically invalid, as the materials used technically require a diffuse/albedo, but as one isn't specified at all it will use the default checkboard 'placeholder' texture in it's place, which result in either green or pink, or pink/green checkboarding, texture on it with the reflection then being added to that (how the reflection looks depends on how the material/textures were configured).

Three things determine how an object appears
- render engine, TRS19 has a Physically-Based Rendering system which allows accurately simulated lighting based upon the materials used.
- materials, TRS19 provides far more scope for creators to make metals look metallic, surfaces to be highly reflective or not etc.
- environment settings, see this tutorial to make best use of the tools https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/y4J2Rl

Not all materials will look the same and it depends on the old materials used as to how close it will look in TRS19.
The option here is to play with the environment settings or contact the author to see if they want to create new materials for TRS19.

Updating was smooth and fast here, same goes for the dbr after updating. And I noticed that the slow spline/track updating in Surveyor has disappeared for now, big thank you to the N3V team.

Ron

Right, I am retracting my statement, route building in surveyor has become irritating again, splines and tracks updating is getting slower again now my route is getting bigger. Route building isn't fun anymore and my pc/ memory can't be the cause of the problem, I have a Intel Core i7 10700 cpu, 32 Gb memory, Nvidia 2060 graphics card and only SSD disks. I am done, I am going to remove TRS19 build 111341 from my HDD and find something else to do, something I can enjoy again. If this is the way TRS is heading I fear for it's future. Only a small amount of TRS19 owners post on the forum, it just can't be only me suffering from this dealbreaking annoyance.

Right, I am retracting my statement, route building in surveyor has become irritating again, splines and tracks updating is getting slower again now my route is getting bigger. Route building isn't fun anymore and my pc/ memory can't be the cause of the problem, I have a Intel Core i7 10700 cpu, 32 Gb memory, Nvidia 2060 graphics card and only SSD disks. I am done, I am going to remove TRS19 build 111341 from my HDD and find something else to do, something I can enjoy again. If this is the way TRS is heading I fear for it's future. Only a small amount of TRS19 owners post on the forum, it just can't be only me suffering from this dealbreaking annoyance.

It's beta. Beta means it has problems that need reporting. Instead of complaining and quitting, put in a report. This is the only way bugs get fixed because the developers don't always look at the forums.

Trainz Bug Report (typeform.com)

John, this problem was acknowledged weeks ago already, the times I have reported issues in the past left me without any reaction from N3V. And the slow updating of splines and tracks is a known problem. So...I think I have the right to complain, dont you think? I know it is beta, it happened in the previous build too. But I cannot stay at 4.5 forever.

Ron

Route building in surveyor has become irritating again, splines and tracks updating is getting slower again now my route is getting bigger.

Ron, your PC spec's are reasonably good, so it should be able to handle most things that Trainz throws at it. So I don't think any of your performance slow down problems are spec related. But, at the end of the day, all versions of Trainz have there upper limitations, including TS2019.

Any beta version of Trainz will initially tho up bugs. That's why it's called "the latest beta version". My suggestion; if you want to reduce your chances of having to deal with "frustrating bugs" stick to only "Public Release Versions" of Trainz that have got passed being beta versions.

N3V need beta testers to improve the sim. (They are vital and are the life blood of improving the sim). Some people love bug hunting and reporting. Others do it out of a sense of duty, to the sim. They are happy to be at the leading edge, with the possible addition issues they may encounter.

Me personally, find it a little frustrating and try and stick to "Public Released Service Packs, updates & hot fixes only". That way, I avoid a lot of the frustration. Since becoming a grumpy old basket, I just don't seem to have the patience anymore!!!

Another thing I do that has really help me out often over the years is taking a "full backup" before applying any service packs or hot fixes. That way, if anything goes wrong, or I'm not happy with the update, I can revert back to what I had previously within an hour two...

Happy Trainzing,

Cheers, Mac...

Ron, I posted this, before I read your reply to John above, Cheers...

Last edited:
splines and tracks updating is getting slower again now my route is getting bigger.
>>
Ron, please provide specific details of what you are seeing.
Is this during laying of track only?
How slow is slower?
What are you actually seeing (the track will be re-rendered each time you add a new spline).
How long are the track segments you are laying? (100-500m lengths are recommended)
Is this build slower than older builds when comparing like for like? If so how much slower?

Is anyone else having problems laying splines in this build?

Also, is anyone else having thumbnail issues in CM?

splines and tracks updating is getting slower again now my route is getting bigger.
>>
Ron, please provide specific details of what you are seeing.
Is this during laying of track only?
How slow is slower?
What are you actually seeing (the track will be re-rendered each time you add a new spline).
How long are the track segments you are laying? (100-500m lengths are recommended)
Is this build slower than older builds when comparing like for like? If so how much slower?

Is anyone else having problems laying splines in this build?

Also, is anyone else having thumbnail issues in CM?

Not necessary laying splines, but when deleting spines, track & object, there is a screen freeze which last about 1 min, and afterward the spline is deleted. A second deletion will also cause the same action. This has been going on since the previous beta.

John

Not necessary laying splines, but when deleting spines, track & object, there is a screen freeze which last about 1 min, and afterward the spline is deleted. A second deletion will also cause the same action. This has been going on since the previous beta.

John

I've got something similar . When I delete track I don't get a freeze but quite a long pause before the track deletes
As well nearly all spline objects in about a 300mtr radius from the deleted track vanishes as the deleted track deletes then re appears maybe about 2-3 seconds

Can you please test the following:

1. On a blank map, lay 10 x parallel track sections each ~100m long. Note any delays after clicking the second spline point.
2. Now extend those 10 segments by adding one more segment to each one. Note if anything is different from the first test.
3. Next, add a junction to each of the 10 tracks.
Note if anything is different from the first test.
4. Now delete one of the segments. Note any time delays after clicking delete.
5. Now delete one of the junction segments. Note if anything is different from the first test.
6. Now repeat this whole test on your current route (add a new baseboard and you can delete it again after the test to avoid messing anything up).
7. If you are seeing significant slowdowns, the change your draw distance and detail sliders to minimum and repeat the test to see if frame rate is affecting anything.

It is expected that there will be a redraw of splines affected by the action (so either side of a delete will redraw) but this operation should be rapid.

BIG spline problem TRS19

Tony,

I concur what Johnnyc1 and Big_b say and yes the splines are really really in bad shape freezing or blank before anything happens .Even with objects and or texturing freeze and or redraw happens and takes forever.
George has my route and I did report this big issue weeks ago if not longer!
Another old TANE bug and maybe older is double tracks or tracks on top of eachother and extremley difficult to clean up other than clicking each spline segment and with the current spline redraw issue it is impossible to get things done .

Last edited:
Both test completed no delays, splines deleted as expected

Tried laying a single track in heavily populated area. Delay in deletion. Splines vanished and re-appeared on deletion

Area with low-medium scenery . When track deleted splines remained but road traffic disappeared and re appeared with different traffic in different positions.( traffic was paused )

I am noticing that some of my routes that were created/ modified in build 110491 have broken track spline points when imported into build 111341. They appear to be at random.

Paul_Bert

I confirm that TRS19 still has like in TANE the problem of random trackspline points disconnected.
I just noticed one in Calgary LRT or C-train lines when driving a section.

Roy, Paul - It's unlikely it is random - the challenge is finding the cause. Something is different about those spline points. (Sometimes things are time dependant, so it depends on how long certain things take to load that can change the order of what is loaded when, but generally things are repeastable under the same circumstances).

QA have found one issue with track redraw but not a 1 minute freeze. Hopefully it is the same cause and just a different test case/outcome.

Thank you Tony for the details.
I still think it is random as so far i did only see once in a while (not a lot so far) spline points brake. normally only on the train tracks but now for the first time on a LTR track i use for trams and know for sure this one section was working fine long time ago but still in TRS19.
I definetely not gonna look for the reason and just hope we stumble on it sooner than later.
The freeze is not more than a minute if I recall but the blank of the graphics of track and roads with a possible redraw can take forever in certain cases and very long in most cases.
Let's hope we can get this solved soon.

I've never had a spline point break, but I have had slow redraw when deleting track in busy areas. I was going to bug report it, but now it's not necessary. :)

Back