TRS19 Beta 111341 (PC) 11347 (Steam PC) and 111343 (Mac)

Hi Tony and John,

I've been a bit rusty since coming out of hibernation.

I found my way to 111341 by some tortuous means and many updates, along the lines suggested by John. Is that where I should be?

Could do with a visual map like that used on London Underground. You know, "Take the Piccadilly Line to X; Change to Circle Line. and get off at Liverpool St for TNI thrills on ECML."

Give me a few minutes... ;)

Hi Tony and John,

I've been a bit rusty since coming out of hibernation.

I found my way to 111341 by some tortuous means and many updates, along the lines suggested by John. Is that where I should be?

Could do with a visual map like that used on London Underground. You know, "From Heathrow Terminal 5 take the Piccadilly Line to Earls Court; Change to Circle Line and pop up to Paddington to pick up a parcel. then proceed from Kings Cross on ECML to Edinburgh. You must wear a mask at all times. You'll be required to show your vaccination certificate with a valid Covid 19 negative test at the Scottish border. Take a bus to Loch Lomond wearing scuba gear and get your ticket clipped by Nessie prior to sailing down the Caledonian Canal to Europe."

Umh. I think my knowledge of British Rail is a bit rusty as well.

Ian,

My knowledge of British Rail is a bit more than rusty! :)

This might help.

1) Go to My Trainz. Choose TRS19 download on left.
1.jpg

2) Choose the appropriate version you have.
2.jpg

2a) Download your chosen version...

2b) Install... Follow the wizard.

3) At the Launcher when you start the first time choose settings
3.jpg

4) You may receive an update notice automatically with that being the fresh install. I can't remember if you will or not.
If not, you will need to go here:

5.jpg

I circled both in error. You most likely will have to choose the bottommost item and pick TRS19 Beta, or TRS19 Plus Beta, depending upon which version you have installed.

----

After the upgrade, a database repair will occur. Let it finish in its entirety. If you have installed on a regular hard drive and not an SSD, I highly recommend performing a defrag operation.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 7
This! There's also some confusion as to which build number is meant for us Mac users: 111343 (in the thread title) or 111345 (in the OP).
Meanwhile, all my Payware assets show up invariably in 110923 as "version mismatch" in Content Store even after updates.
Ah so, my Mac upgrade 110923 -> 111343 just landed (and all my CS Purchased assets are no listed as version mismatched).
Shouldn't the OP be fixed? Still says 110923 -> 111345...

I'm able to download and upgrade my Macs to 111343 this morning. Trainz on my 2014 Mac mini no longer crashes, however the frame rate is about half it was before. Tony, you said there was setting changes, which would make a difference. What were the differences between build 110495 and 111343? I would like to get them the same to ensure I'm testing fairly. Trainz on my 2020 ASi Mac mini is a different matter, 110495 I was getting 14-36FPS, updated to 110923 eggs the FPS around 60FPS with the same settings, so I put the settings on ultra to drop it down to 23-54FPS. Now with 111343 I find the FPS has dropped to 19.8 to 46.2. Was there further setting changes?

Checked a couple and can't see anything wrong with them here, can be downloaded in Manage Content if you search on the kuid which I did, no errors or warnings and they work.

After downloading showing as Location Unknown which as Tony says means they are probably on the repair list but now show an upload date of the 17th of May 2020.

Yes they are on the Repair list, being the CRG co-ordinator I've just had a look, also says on clicking to see what's supposedly wrong No Asset Errors! There are actually 72 of your PBR Ground textures that have appeared on the list none of which appear to be faulty.

Appears that they were added to the faulty list for the following error:
- <kuid:473136:104313> : VE36: The texture 'normal.png' failed to load.

Hallgreen
Is it possible to get full screen back or drop back a version?
Have you tried the full-screen toggle? Alt+Enter
Make sure that you have set the default display dimensions up correctly in the 'General' tab of the Trainz Settings dialog on the initial 'Launcher' screen first.
You can choose between windowed and full screen display there too.
I have mine set to "windowed", but whenever I want to see full screen in Driver or Surveyor, I use the Alt+Enter keyboard combo.

Last edited:
Since updating I have had a problem with "Manage Content"
I downloaded quite a few assets and went to check them in "Manage Content" And it will only let me scroll half the page before it returns me halfway.
Never had this problem before.

EDIT...... Bug report sent.

Last edited:
Since updating I have had a problem with "Manage Content"
I downloaded quite a few assets and went to check them in "Manage Content" And it will only let me scroll half the page before it returns me halfway.
Never had this problem before.

Same here after downloading about 48 assets checking for faulty or missing dependicies scroll down the page then for no reason it jumps up again to an area i have just checked

Edit:

Just tried viewing the downloads ( installed by date ) list seems thumbnail view is the problem list seems to be ok
Thumbs are 2 rows full page
scroll down slowly and before it reaches the bottom of the page it jumps back up
Select an item around half way or a bit lower and continue to scroll down . The screen either jumps up or you pass the item you have just hi lighted which was above you current position.
have noticed a green bar flash for a split second in the bottom RH corner when this happens

Last edited:

Same here after downloading about 48 assets checking for faulty or missing dependicies scroll down the page then for no reason it jumps up again to an area i have just checked .... seems thumbnail view is the problem

I would suggest submitting a Bug Report at https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu that way the problem is more likely to be noticed by N3V developers than a few posts in these forums would be.

I am having an issue when activating driver from the surveyor mode.
Some of the trains stall out after about a minute and don't respond to the AI commands. If I enter the driver mode directly from the main menu everything works as expected.
Things worked fine in build 110491 so this seems to be a bug introduced in build 111341

Paul_Bert
I am having an issue when activating driver from the surveyor mode.
Some of the trains stall out after about a minute and don't respond to the AI commands. If I enter the driver mode directly from the main menu everything works as expected.

I'm not seeing this AI driver problem in the latest beta Build 111341 Paul and no one else is reporting this so far, so can we get some more details from you about the nature of the session environment and circumstances (step by step actions to reproduce what's (not) happening?)
Have you filed a bug report to QA on this matter yet?
Zero other issues noted at the time you patched? All other Content Manager reports nominal?
Good to hear that running a driver session from the main menu as per usual is still working properly for you - but let's see what is afflicting the AI driver commands in the old Ctrl + F2 Quick Drive mode that is such a cool feature of the new PLUS Surveyor functionality to ensure that it works properly again for you too.
Is this occurring during your testing of changes made in Session Editing mode perhaps? And anomalies become obvious after just a few minutes of initiation from the Ctrl + F2 combo key press transition from Surveyor mode to Driver mode in a session?

Last edited:
PC_ACE
The patching went very smoothly from build 110491 to build 111341. The data base rebuild went as expected. After all of this there were no errors and no missing or open assets, so everything appears to be fine in the database.

The issue of the AI driver problem appears to be a problem so far in only one route. Everything works as expected in build 110491 so this would suggest that the track work, track marks, signaling, etc is all OK.
The same route works as expected in build 111341 if I do directly to the drive command in the menu, so I have to assume that everything is still OK with the route, the driver commands, and the consists.
I usually like to start out in the surveyor mode because it loads up quicker, both in builds 110491 and 111341, then just starting up in the driver mode ( not sure why this is). I then activate the driver mode from within surveyor and things start out OK.

In this one route in particular strange things happen. Some consists run as expected, some start out OK and then after a short time just stop running, and some consists never start. If I focus on one consist that is stalled I can get it running by going into the manual mode. I drive it for a while and then stop it. If I then go into the mode which has the AI instructions and then activate the "continue schedule" instruction the consist continues on its way following the AI commands.

This appears to be one of those nightmare situations where the issue can be consistently reproduced but effects only one route, which works fine in build 110491.

Not sure how to debug this one.

I found a fix for the problem, but I don't understand why it worked.

In the surveyor mode I "deleted missing assets" and saved. Then from the surveyor mode I entered the driver mode. Now things work fine.

When I deleted missing assets I didn't find any that were being deleted, per the scrolling bar at the top left. At any rate everything is now fine, but I don't understand what went on behind the scenes. At any rate I will need to tuck this away for any additional problems that might pop up.

Paul_Bert - Thanks for the update and further detail. Very glad you've managed to resolve this issue.
Not surprised that things started to return to normal after you ran the Delete Missing Assets command. It's a wee gem sometimes.
Hopefully, you will now find that Build 111341 is as reliable and dependable as I do when all key faults and script issues have been dealt to and your installed assets are kept up to date.

Another piece of the puzzle appears. In the route that was causing me problems in build 110491 I had done a bulk track replacement. As we know the track was out alignment on the curves, an issue which has been fixed in build 111341. When I saw the mess this made I reverted to the original track by doing another bulk track replacement. Things were back to normal again for the route in build 110491.

So once again I did an experiment. I once again copied my route from build 110491 into build 111341.

I went into surveyor again and then activated driver. Same issue, some consists ran, some did not. I went back into surveyor again and once again did a remove missing assets command. I read the messages that appeared in the upper left hand corner and I saw one line item that indicated that spline points were deleted. Back into driver mode from surveyor and things ran fine again.

So maybe in build 110491 when I did a bulk track replacement and then changed back with another bulk replace to the original track some of the spline points got stranded and these caused a problem in build 111341 which was fixed by deleting missing assets.

I have a couple other routes which I also changed out the track in build 110491 and reverted back because of the spline issue. In the next few days I will test out this theory and see if I get similar results (if I can remember which routes I did the swap out on).

Re: Scrolling issues in CM? Who else can repro this issue and shed more light on the repro steps?

>>
Do you mean two columns?

scroll down slowly and before it reaches the bottom of the page it jumps back up
>>
Are you using mousewheel? Clicking on the arrows? Dragging the scrollbar thumb?

Select an item around half way or a bit lower and continue to scroll down . The screen either jumps up or you pass the item you have just hi lighted which was above you current position.
>>
We've been unable to reproduce this issue at all.

have noticed a green bar flash for a split second in the bottom RH corner when this happens
>>
This is expected - most likely updating the lists in your cache folder.

Re: Scrolling issues in CM? Who else can repro this issue and shed more light on the repro steps?

>>
Do you mean two columns?
2 columns
>>
Are you using mousewheel? Clicking on the arrows? Dragging the scrollbar thumb?
it happens either way
>>
We've been unable to reproduce this issue at all.

>>
This is expected - most likely updating the lists in your cache folder.

I am selecting items installed by date to keep the number down about 48 items If I move to the bottom of the page dosen't matter how and wait about 2-3 seconda it just keeps jumping to just under 1/2 up every time i get to the bottom it just jumps up again

I've had the same page loaded now for about 15mins I get to the bottom 48 selected and when it jumps the last item on the page is item 32 every time

2 images 1st the full page 2nd the point it jumps back to

85 gas station near me

Back