Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19 Beta 111341 (PC) 11347 (Steam PC) and 111343 (Mac)

Default TRS19 Beta 111341 (PC) 11347 (Steam PC) and 111343 (Mac)

We're now preparing patches for all TRS19 builds. This is still considered a Beta release, but it is very close to a Final Candidate (meaning only a couple of known issues are remaining).

All TRS19 users have the option to update using the "Beta" stream appropriate to your version of Trainz. i.e. TRS19 Beta, TRS19 Platinum Beta or Trainz Plus Beta.

PC
    From Build 110491 (SP2) to 111341
    From Build 111069 (Trainz Plus beta) to 111341

Mac
    From 110495 (SP2) to 111343
    From 110923 (Trainz Plus beta) to 111343

Steam (PC)
    Also available is a Beta release for our Steam users from Build 110497.

To check out the Beta releases on Steam follow these instructions:
    1. Select TRS19 in your Steam client
    2. Right-click Properties > Betas
    3. Copy and paste the code: Sp311GHd7sf62 then click Check Code
    4. Select SP3 Beta from the dropdown
    5. You're now ready to update. (You may need to restart your game client during this process).

Mac on Steam
    For Mac users, the sad news is that Steam do not currently support Apple Silicon and it appears they have no current plans to do so. This means we're unable to update the current version and with Apple not supporting OpenGL any longer, you'll need to switch over to our Trainz Store version.
    Please contact helpdesk if you would like to switch your Mac build over from Steam.

MAC USERS

• For Mac users, the big change is the introduction of support for Apple Silicon along with our engine now being fully ported to Metal. Most users will see an improvement in frame rates. If you see a drop in performance please check that your dedicated GPU is selected.
    • IMPORTANT: This means that your hardware needs to be able to run Metal, which also means running Big Sur. So for some older Mac's, Apple have pretty much made it impossible for developers to update games and retain compatibility (choices are you either remain on the current version with OpenGl or upgrade your hardware)

OTHER MAJOR CHANGES:

• Spline curvature has returned to the legacy system so it is safe to once again bulk replace track without your track losing "shape".
    • In Multiplayer Surveyor, the Sebino Lake route is now available for players to roam around in and explore. Edit permissions are not yet available and we expect that will happen in the next week. As with all MPS routes, this is a MPS-server-only route and does not affect your offline Sebino route and sessions.

TRAINZ TNI SDK
    Another big part of this update is for our TNI Developers. TNI (Trainz Native Interface) is a programming interface that allows anyone familiar with C or C++ to create plug-ins that extend or modify the existing Trainz program. This update includes a Trainz Physics plug-in and our hope is that interested developers will soon be producing a wide range of custom plugins. More info and registration link can be found here.

CHANGELIST

• Improvements to mini-map labelling
    • Remove green highlight incorrectly showing after copy/paste
    • Fix sound not playing on some steam locos
    • Fix assertion loading Content Sample map
    • Tweaks to Driver listing UI
    • Fix brake issue (TNI Physics)
    • Fixes for various Test Track issues (TNI Physics related)
    • Fix brakes bail timing
    • Fix Command dropdown list functionality
    • Fix derailments in portals
    • Fix MP chat window getting stuck open
    • Fix passenger platforms not spawning passengers
    • Tweaks to object height adjustment
    • Fix an issue with pfx display
    • Add full support for Steam DLC in Content Store
    • Updates to MPS to support custom packages (Sebino is our first test case)
    • Add UI for installing missing MPS packages
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; February 28th, 2021 at 06:33 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

United States of America, Illinois, Rockford
    Blog Entries

So I see steam version will get its first beta patch? This will be interesting to see

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Just noticed this. Very cool.
    Download of 28Mb patch near instantaneous; applied in seconds, but the post-patch database repair - more of an EDBR than usual - took 158 seconds.
    As this is a beta, I also ran the TrainzUtil 'prebuild' command to precache all installed assets.
    No new 'faulties' - All my settings preferences were retained.
    Looks great so far... especially the Driver HUD legibility enhancements. Thank you!
    Last edited by PC_Ace; February 19th, 2021 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC_Ace View Post
    Just noticed this. Very cool.
    Download of 28Mb patch near instantaneous; applied in seconds, but the post-patch database repair - more of an EDBR than usual - took 158 seconds.
    As this is a beta, I also ran the TrainzUtil 'prebuild' command to precache all installed assets.
    No new 'faulties' - All my settings preferences were retained.
    Looks great so far...
    Haha - same here. I totally forgot I had my Beta-database on a traditional harddrive. This post patch DBA too half an hour for me. Need to get more SSDs :P otherwise, nothing unusual spotted so far.
    Lockheed

Attention
    Mac version requires big sur 11.1 otherwise it won't boot.

Noosa, Qld, Oz (holiday-overlooking the river :))
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PC_Ace View Post
    No idea how long my DB repair took as I was outside enjoying a glass of fine NZ wine.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by gigigerosa View Post
    Attention
    Mac version requires big sur 11.1 otherwise it won't boot.

Thanks for reminding me. I've added a note to the post about the problems there.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

TRS19 111341 install ok, database repair ok.
    However, in CM the database appears to be working in the background - would this be validating content?
    butler57

Default Steamplay

Even if not in focus in support but maybe nice to know, Steamplay via Proton-6.1-GE-2 still misses some font related things. Content Manager and Content Store are still not usable. Log reports : FontManager> Unknown font label 'hud_digital'. Despite that, Driver and Surveyor work lovely.
    Lockheed

PS: Proton Experimental is still pretty unusable

Running Trainz Plus beta stream, Mac build 110923, Big Sur. No update available. This update puts both Trainz plus and Trainz 2019 as the same build number for Mac. Does that mean both have the same features, menus, etc? Will people not running Big Sur be prevented from upgrading, since upgrading will make their Trainz 2019 installs no longer run? Will there be a version of Trainz 2019 that will be still downloadable, that supports older Mac OS versions? I run Big Sur on all my Macs so this doesn't affect me, however I'm sure some people will be put out by Trainz 2019 no longer supports older OS versions. I am grateful for Metal and ASi Mac support.
    Trainz 2019 Big Sur. M1 Macs
    2014 Mac Mini 8gb ram, Intel 1536MB
    2014 Air 8gb memory, Intel 1536MB
    T Driver 2 iPhone SE2 iOS14

111341 looks good so far.
    Two items I mentioned with 1110069 release are fixed and working as expected (quick initial check) - Portal works again and Driver Command popup window in Driver is back to normal. (Derails in portals and cmd dropdown list item in Change List)

No broken assets or db issues (smaller, limited beta install, 8 Payware, 3 Freeware from CM install)

I'm not "Steam" but Content Store continues to work here (albeit still with the "false" ERROR msg) so no impact with the Steam update.

Edit: Previous note of "Driver Msg report of AI derailment" cannot be reproduced. Ignore. Working fine now.
    Last edited by 1611mac; February 19th, 2021 at 07:41 AM.
    Greg
    TRS19-Gold Plus-110491, Plus Beta-111951
    WIN10 GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    - also OSX installs: iMac, MBP

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Thanks for reminding me. I've added a note to the post about the problems there.
    That's rather disappointing news. Big Sur may be required for Apple Silicon, but I'm surprised it's required for Metal support.

Installed OK, nothing missing or broken, so far seems OK.
    Malc

Installed fast with no problems. Now to run and check it out.
    TS06, TS09, TS10, TS12, New Era SP4, TS19

On starting editing my route I get a screen with (for me) strange remarks. When I chose continue, I can work further, but I lose my fullscreen.
    Last edited by sgora; February 19th, 2021 at 10:49 AM.
    Sándor Góra
    The Netherlands