TRS19 Beta 111341 (PC) 11347 (Steam PC) and 111343 (Mac)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We're now preparing patches for all TRS19 builds. This is still considered a Beta release, but it is very close to a Final Candidate (meaning only a couple of known issues are remaining).

All TRS19 users have the option to update using the "Beta" stream appropriate to your version of Trainz. i.e. TRS19 Beta, TRS19 Platinum Beta or Trainz Plus Beta.

PC
From Build 110491 (SP2) to 111341
From Build 111069 (Trainz Plus beta) to 111341

Mac
From 110495 (SP2) to 111343
From 110923 (Trainz Plus beta) to 111343

Steam (PC)
Also available is a Beta release for our Steam users from Build 110497.

To check out the Beta releases on Steam follow these instructions:
1. Select TRS19 in your Steam client
2. Right-click Properties > Betas
3. Copy and paste the code: Sp311GHd7sf62 then click Check Code
4. Select SP3 Beta from the dropdown
5. You're now ready to update. (You may need to restart your game client during this process).

Mac on Steam
For Mac users, the sad news is that Steam do not currently support Apple Silicon and it appears they have no current plans to do so. This means we're unable to update the current version and with Apple not supporting OpenGL any longer, you'll need to switch over to our Trainz Store version.
Please contact helpdesk if you would like to switch your Mac build over from Steam.

MAC USERS

• For Mac users, the big change is the introduction of support for Apple Silicon along with our engine now being fully ported to Metal. Most users will see an improvement in frame rates. If you see a drop in performance please check that your dedicated GPU is selected.
  • IMPORTANT: This means that your hardware needs to be able to run Metal, which also means running Big Sur. So for some older Mac's, Apple have pretty much made it impossible for developers to update games and retain compatibility (choices are you either remain on the current version with OpenGl or upgrade your hardware)

OTHER MAJOR CHANGES:

• Spline curvature has returned to the legacy system so it is safe to once again bulk replace track without your track losing "shape".
  • In Multiplayer Surveyor, the Sebino Lake route is now available for players to roam around in and explore. Edit permissions are not yet available and we expect that will happen in the next week. As with all MPS routes, this is a MPS-server-only route and does not affect your offline Sebino route and sessions.

TRAINZ TNI SDK
Another big part of this update is for our TNI Developers. TNI (Trainz Native Interface) is a programming interface that allows anyone familiar with C or C++ to create plug-ins that extend or modify the existing Trainz program. This update includes a Trainz Physics plug-in and our hope is that interested developers will soon be producing a wide range of custom plugins. More info and registration link can be found here.

CHANGELIST

• Improvements to mini-map labelling
  • Remove green highlight incorrectly showing after copy/paste
  • Fix sound not playing on some steam locos
  • Fix assertion loading Content Sample map
  • Tweaks to Driver listing UI
  • Fix brake issue (TNI Physics)
  • Fixes for various Test Track issues (TNI Physics related)
  • Fix brakes bail timing
  • Fix Command dropdown list functionality
  • Fix derailments in portals
  • Fix MP chat window getting stuck open
  • Fix passenger platforms not spawning passengers
  • Tweaks to object height adjustment
  • Fix an issue with pfx display
  • Add full support for Steam DLC in Content Store
  • Updates to MPS to support custom packages (Sebino is our first test case)
  • Add UI for installing missing MPS packages

Last edited:
Just noticed this. Very cool.
Download of 28Mb patch near instantaneous; applied in seconds, but the post-patch database repair - more of an EDBR than usual - took 158 seconds.
As this is a beta, I also ran the TrainzUtil 'prebuild' command to precache all installed assets.
No new 'faulties' - All my settings preferences were retained.
Looks great so far... especially the Driver HUD legibility enhancements. Thank you!

Last edited:
Just noticed this. Very cool.
Download of 28Mb patch near instantaneous; applied in seconds, but the post-patch database repair - more of an EDBR than usual - took 158 seconds.
As this is a beta, I also ran the TrainzUtil 'prebuild' command to precache all installed assets.
No new 'faulties' - All my settings preferences were retained.
Looks great so far...

Haha - same here. I totally forgot I had my Beta-database on a traditional harddrive. This post patch DBA too half an hour for me. Need to get more SSDs :p otherwise, nothing unusual spotted so far.
Lockheed

No idea how long my DB repair took as I was outside enjoying a glass of fine NZ wine. :hehe:

TRS19 111341 install ok, database repair ok.
However, in CM the database appears to be working in the background - would this be validating content?

Steamplay

Even if not in focus in support but maybe nice to know, Steamplay via Proton-6.1-GE-2 still misses some font related things. Content Manager and Content Store are still not usable. Log reports : FontManager> Unknown font label 'hud_digital'. Despite that, Driver and Surveyor work lovely.
Lockheed

PS: Proton Experimental is still pretty unusable

Running Trainz Plus beta stream, Mac build 110923, Big Sur. No update available. This update puts both Trainz plus and Trainz 2019 as the same build number for Mac. Does that mean both have the same features, menus, etc? Will people not running Big Sur be prevented from upgrading, since upgrading will make their Trainz 2019 installs no longer run? Will there be a version of Trainz 2019 that will be still downloadable, that supports older Mac OS versions? I run Big Sur on all my Macs so this doesn't affect me, however I'm sure some people will be put out by Trainz 2019 no longer supports older OS versions. I am grateful for Metal and ASi Mac support.

111341 looks good so far.
Two items I mentioned with 1110069 release are fixed and working as expected (quick initial check) - Portal works again and Driver Command popup window in Driver is back to normal. (Derails in portals and cmd dropdown list item in Change List)

No broken assets or db issues (smaller, limited beta install, 8 Payware, 3 Freeware from CM install)

I'm not "Steam" but Content Store continues to work here (albeit still with the "false" ERROR msg) so no impact with the Steam update.

Edit: Previous note of "Driver Msg report of AI derailment" cannot be reproduced. Ignore. Working fine now.

Last edited:
On starting editing my route I get a screen with (for me) strange remarks. When I chose continue, I can work further, but I lose my fullscreen.
melding%20Trainz.jpg

Last edited:
Installation of the beta update went relatively smoothly, but after reverting about a dozen payware assets in CM to resolve the missing texture txt file fault, I was left with these three payware assets showing faulty.

<kuid:523:19723426> DriverEttore
<kuid:370528:1164> n railman 2
<kuid:370528:1291> n railman 6

The issue is the missing texture.txt file.

Other than that things seem to be working well.

Cheers

Those error notices are "Release Assertions" - it's a debug tool which is often turned on for beta releases. If you notice your splash screen (start screen) you will see "Release Assertions" in bottom left of panel. You can just "Continue and Ignore Errors" - A lot of them, when reported are said to be nothing to worry about so I'm not sure how one knows which ones to report and which ones to not. Perhaps someone can enlighten us on this.

Updating was smooth and fast here, same goes for the dbr after updating. And I noticed that the slow spline/track updating in Surveyor has disappeared for now, big thank you to the N3V team.

Ron

Those error notices are "Release Assertions" - it's a debug tool which is often turned on for beta releases. If you notice your splash screen (start screen) you will see "Release Assertions" in bottom left of panel. You can just "Continue and Ignore Errors" - A lot of them, when reported are said to be nothing to worry about so I'm not sure how one knows which ones to report and which ones to not. Perhaps someone can enlighten us on this.

Thanks mate - very strange though as this happened only once on Jrfolcos PRR - Altoona Route. After deleting and installing the route new, this message did not show up again.

Back