Reefer ice

Thai1On

Slave to my route
Is it possible to have reefers load 2 different products? What I would like is to load visible ice block separate from general products. That way I can stop at the icing platform load the visible ice block product without filling the reefers and saving that space for the products they need to transport.

On a side note is it possible to have the reefers consume the ice while in route?

If either of these things can be done please post the necessary config lines I need to add to the cars configuration.

Dave

Yes it is possible although I dont know if you can see both products. But you can have two different products loaded into a reefer at the same time.
Looking at some of the reefers on the DLS it shows the config like this:
Code:
queues
{
  load0
  {
    size                                30
    initial-count                       0

allowed-products
    {
      1                                 <kuid2:67794:50004:1>
    }
  }

load1
  {
    size                                7
    initial-count                       0
    product-kuid                        <kuid:-3:10013>

So you can load 30 ice that is invisible then go to the industry and pickup what needs to be chilled.

The loads in vehicles is expressed with a Loading Report. You would need to alter the quantities therein with a program. This could be done either with a rule or perhaps a new vehicle itself. The vehicle would essentially have some behaviors of an industry.

Last edited:
Don't forget to consider the rate of transformation of ice to liquid water (a third product), and how fast that liquid water drains out of the reefer (a product loss). You will also need some kind of reefer dripping visual effect at the end walls.

Back