Issue After Issue

Ever since SP2 was released, this game has given me nothing but troubles. After saving a route/session and reloading it later in the day, I found several track segments to have been completely deleted. Just gone. No errors/warning, just random gaps in my route. The junction points were still there, but the track itself no longer existed. Also, when it comes to using the Safetran cantilevers from Jointed Rail, or any other trackside object are no longer tied to the track (i.e. when you place a trackside object and move the track, the object doesn't stay trackside, just in its original place). Lastly, this has only happened once so far, but one of my trains was randomly split into many bits and pieces, and cars were "melded" together such that when I move one car, the entire train moves and doesn't separate the cars like before.

Anybody experiencing same or similar issues?

Hi Amtrak Luvver

Have experienced the same re track missing, most annoying. Don't replace anything, it appears not all was loaded 1st time - Close down trs19. Restart, solved the problem 4me.

Regards

Len

Ever since SP2 was released, this game has given me nothing but troubles. After saving a route/session and reloading it later in the day, I found several track segments to have been completely deleted. Just gone. No errors/warning, just random gaps in my route. The junction points were still there, but the track itself no longer existed. Also, when it comes to using the Safetran cantilevers from Jointed Rail, or any other trackside object are no longer tied to the track (i.e. when you place a trackside object and move the track, the object doesn't stay trackside, just in its original place). Lastly, this has only happened once so far, but one of my trains was randomly split into many bits and pieces, and cars were "melded" together such that when I move one car, the entire train moves and doesn't separate the cars like before.

Anybody experiencing same or similar issues?

Hi amtrak_trainz_2012
Could you please tell me if the assets that are missing are shown as either 'faulty', or 'installed, payware (not active)' or similar in Content Manager?

Do you see these issues with other routes, or just the one route?

Regards

That's the thing: none of my assets are faulty, missing, or not active (I double checked my content list too). And it's not just this route; I've had missing issues with "disappeared" track on other routes as well. :(

Hi amtrak_trainz_2012
Could you please tell me if the assets that are missing are shown as either 'faulty', or 'installed, payware (not active)' or similar in Content Manager?

Do you see these issues with other routes, or just the one route?

Regards

This is an old thread...
to sum up a few issues with service packs:
SP1 Bulk asset replace splines does not work
SP2 spline issues, specially old routes and long curves
SP3 super elevation and turntable issues
SP4 Portal, Rotation and derail issues

all fixed in SP5 (currently beta) but soon official
Don't let Trainz frustrate you, find a version that does not annoy you and work there
you can easy have more versions side by side (each with own local folder)

Last edited:
This is an old thread...
to sum up a few issues with service packs:
SP1 Bulk asset replace splines does not work
SP2 spline issues, specially old routes and long curves
SP3 super elevation and turntable issues
SP4 Portal, Rotation and derail issues

Not a very good track record is it :hehe:.

Moral of the story is to make a backup of your installation before applying a Trainz Service Pack.

Ah software... fix 100 things, break one and we're accused of going one step backwards, not 99 forwards. :(

Also perhaps SP5 will resolve the problems. Could also be user error, corrupt route data or any number of other things.

Last edited:
Interesting maths... In my understanding fixing 100 things comes after 100 things got broken ;-)

Wish it was just acusing, then you could smack me with a 2'x4'
Understand the problems with complex software
change a bit here, at other places there is trouble
repair that and again at other place trouble etc etc.
Noone doubts the hard work behind the scenes.

Steps I see (very personal)
steps forward:
-smooth more fluent switching between trains
-S2
-UDS
-TNI (sad no one seems to write for it)
-new passengers (not for all of us)
-grid option in region

steps back:
-undo hidden (since SP1)
-consist GUI gone (since SP4)
-scripted minimap in driver broken (since SP4)
-new water (my fault i don't understand it)

Reliability

Features and reliability. Can you have one without the other? Is reliability a cancer that slowly reduces the active customer base. Probably not, but it does not seem like a growth proposition either.:eek:

Last edited:
I just think that making all these options TRS19, TRS19 Platinum, TRS19+ and the Built-in, Package, Built-in Package and Payware, Payware Package just make things harder to control. It seems that when you install a PACKAGE all the assets are related to it even if they were already installed. If you made a route or session using one of these assets and then delete the package you have a missing dependency. You look to download it and cannot fine the version that came with the package, only an older one. So now you have an undefine location of the asset. I know this sounds like rambling, but you have to agree this has become very frustrating to make a route and session that everyone else can enjoy.

I just think that making all these options TRS19, TRS19 Platinum, TRS19+ and the Built-in, Package, Built-in Package and Payware, Payware Package just make things harder to control. It seems that when you install a PACKAGE all the assets are related to it even if they were already installed. If you made a route or session using one of these assets and then delete the package you have a missing dependency. You look to download it and cannot fine the version that came with the package, only an older one. So now you have an undefine location of the asset. I know this sounds like rambling, but you have to agree this has become very frustrating to make a route and session that everyone else can enjoy.

I use another program that suffers from the same issue. There are three program versions available - Stage, Standard, and Pro. They all share the same base code but based on the program version various options are made available. The situation is just as you describe. If a user, for instance, enables certain effects and adjustments only available in Pro, those options can't be loaded into Stage, but some might be available in Standard.

I can understand from a software maintenance standpoint that this is the way to go, but from a consumer's point of view this is very frustrating.

I use another program that suffers from the same issue. There are three program versions available - Stage, Standard, and Pro. They all share the same base code but based on the program version various options are made available. The situation is just as you describe. If a user, for instance, enables certain effects and adjustments only available in Pro, those options can't be loaded into Stage, but some might be available in Standard.

I can understand from a software maintenance standpoint that this is the way to go, but from a consumer's point of view this is very frustrating.

This is frustrating. Look up: "Fence Barbed Wire". In build 114800 it is listed as "Packaged <kuid2:276266:100043:6>" and is used in <kuid2:661281:200019:8> Content Samples #1. In build 116313 it is listed as "built-in, New version available <kuid2:276266:100043:4>" If you look at asset versions it says, "Unknown location" and you cannot download it. How can an asset be reversed in a newer build? Thas is only one of many assets that have been down like this.

You might want to recheck your versions. I have the basic 114800 build and it has version 4, not 6.

0, 1, 2, and 4 are available for download, 3 and 5 are unknown.

<kuid2:276266:100043:4> Fence Barbed Wire is "Built-in, Obsolete" in my build 114800. It has been replaced by <kuid2:276266:100043:6> Fence Barbed Wire which is "Packaged".

It a component of the following DLC routes that I have installed in build 114800:-

<kuid2:88211:100008:17> Bairnsdale to Orbost Line C1970-80s
<kuid2:453099:100037:20> C&O Hinton Division
<kuid2:661281:200019:8> Content Samples #1
<kuid2:515942:100169:21> Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19
<kuid2:661281:200007:37> Kickstarter County 2
<kuid2:169264:100532:15> Warwick - Wallangarra

<kuid2:276266:100043:6> Fence Barbed Wire is "Built-in" in my build 116492 (TRS22 beta) where I have no DLC packages installed.

It is (hopefully) all explained in the Trainz Wiki Page at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Understand_Content_Manager_Status_Labels

This must be one of those that was updated for a package and made the built-in one obsolete. The basic build with no DLC only has version 4. Because it was an update of a DLS asset it did get added in the later build as built-in.

Back