Junctions changing under trains, causing derailment on the DBEV

Hi all! Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't too sure what category it fell under...

Has anyone experienced a junction changing under your train as you're moving, causing you to derail? It's happened to me twice on Approach Medium's Dry Brook & Esopus Valley route, once a few months ago on an "official" session that came with the route (up at the junction for Fleischmann's Gravel), and once today right at the end of my own 2 hour 45 minute session (in Downtown Esopus). I initially thought it could have been scripted, if you went too fast or something, but for it to happen on my own session makes me think it could be a bug. I was pushing some cars onto one of the sidings in Esopus when it happened today.

It may happen on other routes too, but I spend 99% of my time building. Today I fancied a drive on the DBEV and it happened so I'm not sure if it happens anywhere else...

Wondering if anyone has had the same issue? T:ANE SP4, Build 105957.

Thanks in advance! :)

I have had that occur myself and it's really annoying. One of the reasons I think is the AI play Rock-Paper-Scissors and keep trying the junction until it changes and eventually they catch the other driver and derail him. I've seen it in process. The other reason is really, really, long wagons get tripped up because the junction flips back to its default position too soon. I've seen it here as well and had that ruin my driving experience.

Hi John,

Do you mean that an AI train may throw the switch? There are no AI trains on the DBEV when I'm operating, it's only a single track branch for the most part, the only locomotives on the route were my coupled GP30/GP35.

The train was quite long, probably about 18 cars, but the switch changed with about 8 cars on one side of the switch and the remainder on the other side, my full train was over the switch.

Weird stuff! Not a big issue though, just a strange bug I guess! :D

Check to see if the route/session is using the Junction Controller v2 asset. I found that this problem was a constant issue when trains where passing over junctions controlled by this asset. Since switching to Enhanced Interlocking Towers I have not had the problem.

The version of this asset that I had the bad experiences with was <kuid:122381:10005> Junction Controller v2. The latest version on the DLS is <kuid:439337:100957> Junction Controller v3 which I have not tested.

Hi

This used to be a problem in TS12 and early versions of Tane. It hasn't been an issue while I've been using Interlocking Towers as these keep the path locked until the train has cleared the exit signal.

Regards

Brian

All the answers or suggestions are valid. I have to add a peculiarity still without explanation. Take a look at the point in question; do this in surveyor. See the spline circle of the point. The lever by default is right in the middle. Move it just a little away from the frogs, maybe position it half way from the outer edge of the circle and the center. Save and run the session. See if the train derails. In my case they don't. However, as pointed above, if another AI train takes control of this point, or a junction controller do what it is supposed to do, points will change and derails will happen. I have done this lever reset to all my gazillion points, and now is rare if I get a derailment. Note: You reset everything, and one good day you have to do a data base repair. Some, not all, some points will be set to the center of the spline circle again! So be careful and good luck. This problem or peculiarity has been with all of us since the first iteration of the game, so don't feel bad, just live with it.

Back