Bridges with catenary

ldowns

Hi all,

I'm working on a route of the Milwaukee Road's Pipestone Pass line, and have run into a snag with catenary. All of the catenary I've located which is at all similar to the prototype's has supports located too far off to the side for bridges (they just hang out there in space, or worse, extend all the way to the ground far below). The only girder bridge I've found with built-in catenary is the Stetson Bridge used in a few places in the built-in Avery route, but it's not bendable and many of the bridges are curved. An alternative would be catenary with supports that bend inward (toward the track) at the bottom but I haven't found anything like that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--Lamont

It depends on what you are using. There are some with pylons between tracks and also catenary bridge splines that can span the tracks.

It depends on what you are using. There are some with pylons between tracks and also catenary bridge splines that can span the tracks.

Since these are single-track bridges the ones with pylons between tracks won't work. I'm not sure what you mean by catenary bridge splines that can span the tracks; can you give an example? It sounds interesting...

--Lamont

Back