Bay Line GP-38 Re-lettering

rick1958

I'm stuck. I just purchased the Bay Line GP-38 and want to re-letter it for my own use. I first want to stress this is for my own use. Last time I asked a question on this topic it seemed to upset some people. I have the utmost respect for these creators would never pirate their work. My content never leaves my computer.
Anyway, I've done this countless times, but I can't seem to locate the tga file to work on. I looked through all the folders that came with the engine, but the main body doesn't appear to be there, yet it's installed fine. Is there something I'm not getting here? Thanks for any help.

when opening the locomotive asset up for editing you're looking for "Map1.tga" in the "mesh_body" folder

You have to remove the alpha channel, using your editing software or use assest x program to remove it

Ok...Thanks. I guess this one is getting too deep for me. I cloned it. Thought I removed the alpha channel in Paintshop but then ended up with a completely white engine (glad I cloned it...LOL).
I wanted to keep the same color scheme and simply re-letter it. Maybe too involved for this old guy :(

No...Corel Paintshop 2020 Pro. Like Photoshop. I use it for all my editing, photo and textures
I'm just going to move it to the back burner for now, but thanks for the help anyway.

You have to remove the alpha channel, using your editing software or use assest x program to remove it

If you do 'remove' the alpha then be sure to put it back or your locomotive will likely be all chrome. In addition, PSP settings should be creating a non compressed .tga on save, or trainz will not read it.

Thanks NS37, but like I said, it's getting too deep for me. I normally just clone the asset, rename it, then just use the clone tool in PSP to carefully remove the original road name and give it my own. One day maybe I'll take the time to learn Alpha's and layers, but at 63, I usually don't take time to finish a large coffee...LOL. I just liked the color scheme of the Bay Liner and thought I'd play around. I'll just pick another victim...LOL

Back