TRS19 Platinum price question.

kaw4014

I have TRS19 Standard edition. I recently got fed up with the manage content DLC being so slow and want to buy the Platinum version so my question is; I paid $25 for TRS19 standard. If I buy TRS19 Platinum do I have to pay the full $35 for TRS19 PLT.? Or does the cost of TRS19 get added in the TRS19 Platinum price and I pay $10 for TRS19 Platinum?

No you pay the full list price for Platinum and you don't get a discount for owning an earlier version. Platinum is a new stand alone version and it won't install over the top of your standard edition.

If your standard edition is still SP1 though make a backup copy of it and make sure you get the data files as well and put the backup copy somewhere very safe. The Platinum download will be an SP2 'upgrade' and if you don't like it it's good to have somewhere to retreat back to should the brown stuff hit the whirly thing.

Just add KotangaGirl's information,

I just bought Platinum Edition a month or more ago, and tried putting onto my Standard edition, it looked like it worked at first, but then I had all kinds of errors and problems with Database etc...... Help from some other members here, indeed, let me know this has to be a fresh installation.........;)

As she suggested, absolutely make sure you have a Backup of all Data Files.......I should also let you know, I had to scrape backup files off the Cloud from my Carbonite to rebuild Routes I lost when trying to install Platinum over Trainz Standard Edition.....:(

The $35 price is discounted I believe. When I bought TRS19 Platinum the list price was $59 but because I had TRS19 already I received a discount to lower the price to around $35 and then it was on sale so I got an additional discount to make the price $23. So you can wait for a sale to lower the price if you wish.

I just checked on Steam and the current price is $69 so $35 is half price which is a very good deal.

William

Last edited:
https://store.trainzportal.com/pages/trainz-railroad-simulator-2019

This is a stand-alone version and will not affect any previously installed versions, even the same version. Each install creates its own data folder which can be deleted and a copy of your old data folder put in its place. You will have to alter the path in settings to that folder for it to work. It is always best to move the build folder only from your C drive to another drive to release space.

Have you checked "download software" on your account? I think SP2 is what is provided now. SP1 (Platinum) is not available so SP2 is now the version you get if you download and install. So you likely already have SP2 available for free. As always, I could be wrong but I'd check before purchasing.

Have you checked "download software" on your account? I think SP2 is what is provided now. SP1 (Platinum) is not available so SP2 is now the version you get if you download and install. So you likely already have SP2 available for free. As always, I could be wrong but I'd check before purchasing.

kaw wants to upgrade editions, not SPs. Standard and Platinum remain commercially discrete.

That is true as far as the base software but Platinum included bundled DLC that isn't available when simply upgrading the regular version to SP2 but it depends on what the bundled DLC is worth to you. The list of included DLC is on this page.
... William

Wait, there are also feature differences in the editions in addition to the DLC:

• Unified Camera Options
  • Unified Driver/Surveyor Interface
  • Content Store Downloader

Those are now included in SP2. The page needs updating. As far as I can see my Platinum edition updated to SP2 is the same as my North American edition updated to SP2 as far as the software features I have. The only difference is what DLC is available to download.

I guess that is why they lowered the price to $35 from the former price of Platinum which was $70.

William

Those are now included in SP2. The page needs updating. As far as I can see my Platinum edition updated to SP2 is the same as my North American edition updated to SP2 as far as the software features I have. The only difference is what DLC is available to download.
William

So your North American edition has the unified Surveyor/Driver?

deneban... I'm trying to find the thread where Tony (or whomever, N3V) stated that there is now only SP2 for everyone. I believe if you were to update your "Platinum" (update stream) it would update to SP2. There are those who did that, want to go back to SP1 but can't because the install download on their account now gives SP2. Trying to find thread..

deneban... I'm trying to find the thread where Tony (or whomever, N3V) stated that there is now only SP2 for everyone. I believe if you were to update your "Platinum" (update stream) it would update to SP2. There are those who did that, want to go back to SP1 but can't because the install download on their account now gives SP2. Trying to find thread..

Hi 1611mac, yes we know SP2 is the only SP available for installation/update for standard and platinum. What william is saying is that there are now no functional differences between standard and platinum editions, only DLC differences.

Last edited:
Well, I 'm confused. In my mind if everyone with Platinum updates or re-installs and gets SP2 there are no differences except for those on subscriptions of which Platinum is not. Being an outright purchase Plat SP2 is now the same as "TRS-19" SP2. Or perhaps I just don't understand. But I bet if you update to latest version of your Platinum you end up with all the latest features. I'll exit out now, sorry for jumping in.

Last edited:

Basically if you didn't back up your old SP1 install and file it away somewhere safe you are up a certain creek without a paddle because you can no longer download SP1 only SP2. Various N3V folk have stated on the forums over the past weeks that SP1 is no more and is now impossible to obtain. If you were to buy Platinum now you'd get the SP2 version and that's all.

I own Platinum SP2, but I only use it to run the Uk DLC I own. I wouldn't use it to try and build anything.

Those are now included in SP2. The page needs updating. As far as I can see my Platinum edition updated to SP2 is the same as my North American edition updated to SP2 as far as the software features I have. The only difference is what DLC is available to download. William

I am waiting for wreeder to come back and verify he means his North American edition has the unified Surveyor/Driver feature once he got to SP2 (re: post #11).

In the meantime, can anybody else corroborate for william that the TRS19 standard edition SP2 has the unified Surveyor/Driver feature?

All versions are SP2, but the different versions have a different content entitlement. SP2 is the base for running Trainz and has nothing to do with the features each version has linked to it.

I am waiting for wreeder to come back and verify he means his North American edition has the unified Surveyor/Driver feature once he got to SP2 (re: post #11).

In the meantime, can anybody else corroborate for william that the TRS19 standard edition SP2 has the unified Surveyor/Driver feature?

SP-2 definitely has the unified Surveyor/Driver.

Joe

• Unified Camera Options
  • Unified Driver/Surveyor Interface
  • Content Store Downloader

The Unified Driver Interface and access to the TCCP are why I upgraded from Standard to Platinum.

Don't know about the rest, that includes Plus, Steam or whatever.

If you join the TCCP as a beta tester, you will get even more content for free.

Back