Lafond Regional Railway

RJArtim

67 yrs old Trainz Veteran
I found this available yesterday in the Content Store. It is by hiawathamr. I took a run on it last night and it is really nice. It only has 20 miles of trackage but it is fun. Comes with 5 sessions to run. I recommend it. I assume you have to have Trainz plus gold to get it for free.

Hello my friend, Nice looking Route you made....I probably won't buy Gold Membership for now.....

I have lots of cleanup up to do, but this will be on my Wish List for later this year.......;)

Hmm, I'm thinking here, Trainz doesn't have a Wish List do they? Guess I'll have to make my own. :hehe:

Hope you enjoy the route RJArtim!:)

------------------------

Cheers

Yes I am. I did the Threatening Skies and Grain Trains. Threatening Skies was easy, but fun. Had to do some thinking like an engineer for Grain Trains, but I got it done.

I enjoyed the video at the site and the screenshots look great. It says there the file size is 11GB. My current largest route in my latest iteration of 2019 is less than 1GB (EMCL Edinburgh-Dundee), my Canadian Rocky Mt. routes are less than that each, and my last iteration I think I had L&A and a couple of european ones over 1GB, so I have to get used to the fact that my new gamer desktop with it's Terabyte drive may not have enough drive space! :eek: I have to fit MSFS2020 as well! LOL!

Hello my friend, Nice looking Route you made....I probably won't buy Gold Membership for now.....

I have lots of cleanup up to do, but this will be on my Wish List for later this year.......
awink.gif

Hmm, I'm thinking here, Trainz doesn't have a Wish List do they? Guess I'll have to make my own.
ahehe.gif

No worries. In about 11 more days it'll be on sale for the general public so Trainzers will be able to pick up a copy if they wish.
At the moment, no Trainz doesn't support any wishlist.. but maybe all that will change in the future;)

----------------------------------------

Yes I am. I did the Threatening Skies and Grain Trains. Threatening Skies was easy, but fun. Had to do some thinking like an engineer for Grain Trains, but I got it done.

Haha - that's what I like to hear, gotta add some thinking to the sessions ;)
Just curious, where you granted an achievement when you finished the Threatening Skies session? (from memory, if you have the 'enable debug feature' enabled via in-game settings, then it disables the achievements). ;)

----------------------------------------

I enjoyed the video at the site and the screenshots look great. It says there the file size is 11GB. My current largest route in my latest iteration of 2019 is less than 1GB (EMCL Edinburgh-Dundee), my Canadian Rocky Mt. routes are less than that each, and my last iteration I think I had L&A and a couple of european ones over 1GB, so I have to get used to the fact that my new gamer desktop with it's Terabyte drive may not have enough drive space! I have to fit MSFS2020 as well! LOL!

Glad you enjoyed the screenshots and video:)
As for the file size the 11GB file size is for the entire DLC, not just the route, since the route itself is only 106MB in size before the dependencies are added to the package so both route and session can operate. As for 1TB drives, my current 1TB drive barely has enough space for my Trainz content folder... ouch!

Cheers

Last edited:
I just downloaded the update for Cornish Mainline and branches and it was 7+GB, so I guess I gotta look at it in perspective. Quality 2019 stuff is going to have some size. Learning that from MSGSapper's New England Coastline route that I just finished downloading for about two weeks without an FCT....:eek:

Yep, things are only getting larger in size, not smaller unlike the early days where things were pretty small, and the largest item I own when installed was about 2GB :D

Cheers

The Lafond achievements state I successfully completed all of them. You got a bug there I guess. I only finished successful on the 2 I mentioned. The bars next to the sessions are blank.

Nice video. like your other routes looks well done. I will be grabbing it once it becomes available to me.

The Lafond achievements state I successfully completed all of them. You got a bug there I guess. I only finished successful on the 2 I mentioned. The bars next to the sessions are blank.
Oh well, I tried... but granted, its my first time making achievements really since really there isn't any documentation out there on how to truely make them. More likely when there is a need for updates, I'll upload those to the DLS, so I won't sweat about it really (at least not yet) as by then I should have more knowledge :D

-----------------------------

Wow, this looks great! Definitely d/l'ing tonight! (Serious CNR fan here)
Hope you enjoy the route! :D

Nice video. like your other routes looks well done. I will be grabbing it once it becomes available to me.
Glad to hear you enjoyed the video, and all of my other routes - thank you for your support:)

Just a general announcement, when I see the route appear on the Trainz store, then I'll make a dedicated thread (like how I always done it in the past) so feedback / updates / bug reporst / etc can be posted there (since I really don't go searching on the forums for issues). Just don't want to do it now in case something happens.

Cheers all, and enjoy the rest of your weekend (and the route for those that are playing it)

Back