Issues with Editing Kuids

cw37013

Hello everyone, T:ANE build 105957 downloaded from Steam. I'm encountering an issue i've never run into before, and I'm honestly losing my mind trying to figure it out. I am no stranger to editing kuids to change sounds and other functions. Yet when I loaded T:ANE onto my new PC, uploaded all my 3rd party content, and started editing, all my attempts at submitting edits result in these faulty messages.

- <kuid:376853:100621> MOVehicleSpec::LinkSpecs> train vehicle is unable to load required engine <kuid:68926:121809> (<=this kuid is the loco attemping to edit)
- <kuid:376853:100621> VE199: Asset <kuid:376853:100621> failed to load. Unloading resources.

I've tried deleting them and reinstalling them, reverting them to original and resubmitting edits-nothing works. I am logged into my account when I am editing, so I know it isn't that issue.
If you guys have come across this issue as well, i'm all open to any suggestions.

I am not real clear on your notes. Neither asset appears to be available on the DLS, nor do I have either asset as any of the DLC I have. kuid:68926 is by stevelerro, and appears to be an engine spec. kuid:376853 is by jacksonbarno. From the error messages, I would guess the errors are coming from trying to submit edits to <kuid:376853:100621>. This would appear to be the loco asset that has the enginespec <kuid:68926:121809> as a dependency.

Normally, if it can't load the dependency, the dependency is either missing or itself is faulty. Since you mention "them" I am assuming you have both assets, and neither is payware? If either is payware that may be another set of problems. But if you have
<kuid:68926:121809> is it showing as faulty? If you have and it is not, them I am out of my limited knowledge range, and cannot help you further.

Run a database repair. It looks like something is amiss here. That may clear up your errors.

Just a guess here but:

<kuid:68926:121809> N&W A Class Enginesound is from K&L as noted but it is not an enginespec which is what I think the error indicates. So might be you're trying to reference the wrong asset?

<kuid:68926:121806> is the enginespec for the N&W A Class.

These are payware assets from K&L and have restrictions on their use but are listed in CM as "modified" since they are 3rd party content.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Back