Driver Setup Rule

Hi, all!

A very basic question, sorry about that.
In this session I have two locos, therefore two drivers, Dave and Geoff.
Each has his own line in the Driver Setup rule, with driver commands attached. Dave is in line #1, Geoff in line #2.

When I drive the session I expect and need Dave and Geoff to start simultaneously.
Yet Geoff doesn't start before Dave has finished.

How come? Thanks in advance.

Hi, all!

A very basic question, sorry about that.
In this session I have two locos, therefore two drivers, Dave and Geoff.
Each has his own line in the Driver Setup rule, with driver commands attached. Dave is in line #1, Geoff in line #2.

When I drive the session I expect and need Dave and Geoff to start simultaneously.
Yet Geoff doesn't start before Dave has finished.

How come? Thanks in advance.

It's hard to say without having your route. Maybe Geoff is waiting for track clearance. Look at the driver messages for a clue maybe.

I've had all my drivers start at once when needed without issue.

The only things I can think of is signaling and junction settings. If both share the same line, then one will have to wait for the other to move. The same with junctions if Dave has control of the junction, then Geoff will have to wait in order to move.

As said, upload a picture of your route so we can see your track layout and consist placement.

I have a large route with over 50 drivers and they all start at the same time without a problem. My old computer used to sag a bit at the start with the work load. The one I have now handles it with no problems.
Cheers,
Mike

I have a large route with over 50 drivers and they all start at the same time without a problem. My old computer used to sag a bit at the start with the work load. The one I have now handles it with no problems.
Cheers,
Mike

That was an issue for me as well. I ended up putting in a 5 second delay between the drivers so the last driver I had started 50 seconds later. This gave my computer a chance to catch up and load the graphics before the multitude of drivers pulled everything apart.

@pitkin and JCitron:
GIMP-2.png

Here you are. As it is my very first route it is simplicity itself. Dave is in the station at top of screen and Geoff is in the sation at the bottom. Both locos move counter-clockwise..
And by the way, how can I look at the driver messages ?

Last edited:
You may need another TM on the right curve and a third on the left curve. Train at the bottom needs to drive via the TM 3 and the top train drive via TM 1 and TM 2. Trains want to take the shortest distance if they can between destinations.

That was it, stagecoach ! Many thanks. I still have the other question, though. How can I read the "driver messages"?

On the left, just above the driver, is a small triangle (caret). Click on that and the driver messages will open up and you can read them and scroll through them too. If you don't do that, you only see one-line sometimes blipping by too quickly to catch the messages.

Back