Session creation questions.

marky7890

Hello all,
I'm trying to make my first session/scenario for my Cornish Railways route, but I have a couple of questions.

1. How do I make it so that navigation points don't activate/disappear until a player stops at them rather than just when going through them?

2. Is it possible to skip a certain amount of time or skip to a certain time? I'm building a session where in real life a train spends 14 minutes at the terminus station before going back down the line, it would be rather boring for the player to have to wait for 14 minutes.

Thanks

1. How do I make it so that navigation points don't activate/disappear until a player stops at them rather than just when going through them?

You have to set the Style of the navigation point to Require Stop. See the Wiki at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Navigation_Point_Rules

2. Is it possible to skip a certain amount of time or skip to a certain time? I'm building a session where in real life a train spends 14 minutes at the terminus station before going back down the line, it would be rather boring for the player to have to wait for 14 minutes.

I could be wrong but I do not think that is possible. In that situation I would either:-
1. Have other activities for the player to perform for 14 minutes, or
2. Simply ignore the 14 minute wait.

PS: It might be possible to use a track trigger that activates when the train arrives at its destination and sets a Time Rule to reset the time.

Last edited:
You have to set the Style of the navigation point to Require Stop. See the Wiki at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Navigation_Point_Rules

I could be wrong but I do not think that is possible. In that situation I would either:-
1. Have other activities for the player to perform for 14 minutes, or
2. Simply ignore the 14 minute wait.

PS: It might be possible to use a track trigger that activates when the train arrives at its destination and sets a Time Rule to reset the time.

Iam not entirely sure how N3V did it. But in the steam excursion session on Kickstarter County 2, after you head all the way up, it cuts to a black screen and time jumps to the evening. Returning you to the way you left the train. There maybe is a set clock rule so maybe a trigger can make the clock jump.

Yeah I did it in a Coal Country session, in sequence it was fade to black, change time, then fade to black to bring it back in. It definitely is possible (unless something has changed with latest patch)

Back