Desktop crash-Missing texture

justinroth

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
After a recent crash to desktop I lost all of my pick lists and TANE defaulted to original settings. I also lost a web texture used by TransDem. It is not showing as missing or giving me any errors. I tried reinstalling the web colors and fixed one error with a filename but this still doesn't help. When I try to fill the grid with a different texture it won't so it appears the texture is still "there".??? Also, is there any way to recover my pick lists? I did not have them backed up to cdp like an idiot.

The only possible solution that comes to mind (and you did not mention it in your post so I am assuming that you have not tried it) is to perform a Database Repair. Perhaps even an EDBR (hold the Ctrl key down when you select Rebuild Database) this can take a lot longer.

As for the picklists, recovery may not be possible and they cannot be saved to a .cdp but they can be backed up as text files - see the Wiki page http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Backup_a_Picklist

The only possible solution that comes to mind (and you did not mention it in your post so I am assuming that you have not tried it) is to perform a Database Repair. Perhaps even an EDBR (hold the Ctrl key down when you select Rebuild Database) this can take a lot longer.

As for the picklists, recovery may not be possible and they cannot be saved to a .cdp but they can be backed up as text files - see the Wiki page http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Backup_a_Picklist

I suppose it is worth note that the crash occurred during the installation of a large amount of assets, it may have even occurred during a database repair. Upon restart it automatically performed what I assume was a edr. (The large amount of assets being installed have no relation to the texture problem.)

Check that nothing is open for edit as well and if there is anything open, revert to original. If the textures are corrupt, reinstall them again. These in particular appear to be the Trans DEM textures.

I have found increasing, and I mean substantially increasing Windows virtual memory gets around the crashes while installing or doing other processes that require opening and closing a large number of assets. I reported this issue back during the early days of TANE but got no feedback regarding this issue.

Check that nothing is open for edit as well and if there is anything open, revert to original. If the textures are corrupt, reinstall them again. These in particular appear to be the Trans DEM textures.

I have found increasing, and I mean substantially increasing Windows virtual memory gets around the crashes while installing or doing other processes that require opening and closing a large number of assets. I reported this issue back during the early days of TANE but got no feedback regarding this issue.

I didn't have virtual memory on at all until a few days ago. I set it to twice my ram.

Wow! I'm surprised things ran as well as it did for this long. :)

Twice the installed is a good place to start. See how that goes and increase it again if necessary.

Wow! I'm surprised things ran as well as it did for this long. :)

Twice the installed is a good place to start. See how that goes and increase it again if necessary.

You're talking page file or whatever, right? I have my content in a seperate ssd, should I turn it on for that drive also?

Back