Recommended routes for TRS19 ?

Anyone want to go out on a limb and recommend routes specifically for TRS2019. Not big routes...my MAC and / or PC don't handle big routes too well.:eek:

Thanks in advance, Durff

Last edited:
Anyone want to go out on a limb and recommend routes specifically for TRS2019. Not big routes...my MAC and / or PC don't handle big routes too well.:eek:

Thanks in advance, Durff

You got to be a little more specific on what you are looking for. What do you enjoy most when you play Trainz? Is it shunting cars and delivering them to industries, keeping to schedules and delivering passengers to stations or just driving freight trains? Any route by philskene is usually not that big and involves make deliveries to local industries. MSGSappers routes arent too huge and great for setting up sessions in. You could also find a older route on the DLS and update to more TRS19 standards.

JointedRail has several smaller sized routes availble in the payware category and some free ones as well. Just like hert stated above, it really depends on your taste. I love JR's TRS19 version of Coal Country and their Eagle River route although that has not been optimized yet for TRS19. Plenty of great routes/layouts on the DLS to choose from as well. You just need to be more speciific on what you like. Enjoy !

Hert:
Yes, I like to run coal trains...I usually take a route and add a coal mine and 1 or 2 Power stations, then setup a couple of consists and try to make them run a schedule without coming to a "standoff". True, philskene & MSGSappers routes are excellent. If the routes are really small, I like to merge them.
Thanks, Durff

Last edited:
If you like coal trains, the Coal Country route Railhead001 suggested may be a good choice. I believe MSGSapper (already mentioned)'s "The Loops" route is set in coal territory, though I'm unsure if it has a mine on it directly

Is this updated for TRS 19 ? I ran this one a lot back in the TRS2004 days... great route.

Thanks, Durff

Unfortunately it isn't, not just yet.

You could also try Datsun Junction (free) from JR - it's small but it's cute.

Alternatively there's the Monongahela & Western Pennsylvania payware route, it looks cool but as I have not purchased it I couldn't tell you its size.

The Legacy Of The BN DLC might also be of interest to you, I know it has a power station and (I believe) a coal mine. I wouldn't call it a big route, but it's not small either - decidedly medium sized.

Ah, my meaning was that it works just fine but Bob has not yet updated it to use TRS19 assets, which he has done with some of his routes.

If you are in to hotshot pig trains and slow-moving oil cans, look no further than Mojave Sub! It's on the Premium section of Trainz, and while a big route, its not the most performance intensive and its a great place to run trains.

You got to be a little more specific on what you are looking for. /QUOTE]

Well anything on the DLS or Payware... as long as it downloads and runs without errors and/or missing assets. I have DL'd several routes only to find they are missing levers and or track. I use this program (Trainz) for entertainment. I don't want it to turn into work. No pun intended. Thanks, Durff

all routes from MSGsapper, all rotes from Philskene, and not to forget various UMR layouts from neilsmith749 - that should get u going for a start :)

Yeah, UMR is gonna be out of the question, it may just be the biggest out there.

Well... I upgraded my RAM in the iMac to 32GB. Makes all the difference ! Now I just need to upgrade my PC. It has 16GB of RAM but an old GTX750 graphics card and will probably upgrade the power supply while I'm in there.

Last edited:
Back