ATLS-TRC slave

justinroth

I am trying to configure the ATLS-TRC compatible slave to work. I can get the gates to go down, but they don't go back up. I named the slave as I would any other asset to work with TRC (i.e. 3&5 ect). Has anyone gotten this to work for them?

You kinda' threw me when you said:
I am trying to configure the ATLS-TRC compatible slave to work.

ATLS and TRC are two different systems and, as far as I know, need their own triggers to work. I don't think they can be intermixed.

The ATLS slave is <kuid2:76656:500041:7>

The TRC trigger is <kuid2:458053:100686:16>

You kinda' threw me when you said:

ATLS and TRC are two different systems and, as far as I know, need their own triggers to work. I don't think they can be intermixed.

The ATLS slave is <kuid2:76656:500041:7>

The TRC trigger is <kuid2:458053:100686:16>

I'm aware of that, the asset I am using (ATLS-TRC compatable Slave(TF) is supposed to allow the use of TRC triggers with ATLS
lights.

I guess it's possible something has changed, as I've been out of Trainz for about a year, but there are a number of older crossing assets, in particular the BNSF50 ones, that do not respond to TRC script commands correctly because of the extra features they have such as the gate delay. For this reason I still use almost exclusively ATLS crossing triggers in level crossing mode even though it requires four triggers on a two-way running track, (which gets SUPER fun working with multiple tracks...)

As the BNSF50 crossing assets are much more realistic and prototypical for US crossings than the limited selection of TRC ones, it is what it is. There are now some bugs in those as well since boat updated them to a scripted control, but they've only presented in a few cases I posted about last year. If you still use the older invisible train based slaves, they're fine until N3V removes the invisible trains from Trainz.

The asset OP refers to is ATLS-TRC compatable Slave(TF) <KUID2:739738:101421:2> on DLS that I've tried playing with but I've never gotten it to work properly and there's no documentation on it. Is it supposed to be named like a TRC asset and use an invisible rail connection to ATLS-style crossing assets (NRC gates/lights?) or is it supposed to somehow take an ATLS trigger input and activate TRC crossing assets (gates, etc)? I've never found out, because both ways I tried it I couldn't get it to work.

Back