Downloading Content

I have noticed a number of new TRS19 assets (routes and sessions) appearing on the DLS with build 4.8. This build is greater than the current TRS19 and TRS19 PE asset build (4.7) and is probably for the new Trainz Plus beta that has just been released.

I have successfully downloaded and installed <kuid:439337:105723> (Trainz build 4.6) with no issues, errors, warnings or any problems.

Last edited:
So downloading for me does not work with cm, or adding to the cart for some reason. My version of 2019 build is 105096, windows 10/edge, browser comcast/xfinity So why can't I DL from the DLS? Any suggestions anyone? Thanks.
:(

Type of Browser won't have any relevance on downloading in manage content as it's not used, so looking at something common to both download methods, doesn't appear that Comcast are blocking FTP according to their block list.

So could be the Firewall. CM or Manage Content needs to access the DLS initially using FTP on port 21, check Firewall and see if 21 is blocked.

This is from checking what TRS19 is accessing when downloading I used CurPorts from Nirsoft.

Code:
TRS19.exe    4812    TCP    2513        192.168.1.65:2513   [COLOR=#ff0000][B] 21    ftp[/B][/COLOR]    107.182.226.63:21    firstclass.auran.com:21    Established    F:\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\TRS19.exe            0.0.0.0    N3V Games Pty Ltd    11/02/2021 13:16:19    PC01\Malc        A    11/02/2021 14:21:53            Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Launcher

Or you could try

Easy way if using the Windows Firewall is to reset it, then when you launch TRS19 or any version of Trainz you would get a popup asking if you want to allow it internet access or not.

Incidentally for Firefox users the FTP button does work in Firefox 85.02 here, as FTP is manually enabled. see about:config then search network.ftp and enable it. This will work until Mozilla completely remove FTP.

Microsoft Edge had blocked FTP for some time, I believe that if you use the IE mode it may still work, don't use Edge so no knowledge on how.

You can however still access the file using an FTP client such as Filezilla, using the info from the download page, somewhat long winded and you need to know what you are doing!

FTP has had a security bug for at least a decade which is why it's now getting killed off, SFTP would have solved the problem however seems no one is interested.

He is an oldie but a goodie - it worked with TS12 (I think). But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Go into TRS19 Settings - Internet tab. Delete your username and password. Exit TRS19.

Go into TRS19 Settings- Internet tab again. Renter your username and password.

Here is a classic example of the above. I was looking for kuid_200439_100252 which TIKI shows as being on the DLS so I go to the DLS and search for it and sure enough it is there. But then go into content manager Tane and all content by author Runtik. and its not in the list. So how many more assets are available on the DLS that do not appear in any content manager. ? Yes I have now found a way around it using copy link address shown above but that is not the point. surely the DLS and content manager should match?

Using a FTP Client:
Below are the settings you will need to set to connect to our FTP server.
FTP Host Address: firstclass.auran.com
FTP site connect port: 21
FTP site Username: Alco_P-A
FTP site Password: cQUUoEqcpeZih76cf99d3614e23e0d12
Note: Both your FTP Username and Password are case-sensitive and should be entered in as shown above.

Do these settings tell what's going on? Took out username and password and put back in in trainz settings with no positive results. CM and DL Helper still do nothing.

No as that's only if you are using an FTP client, not relevant for manage content, might want to remove that FTP Password as it is unique to you!

Download Helper is not compatible with TANE or TRS19 the web site is only really there for legacy Trainz.

Using a FTP Client:
Below are the settings you will need to set to connect to our FTP server.
FTP Host Address: firstclass.auran.com
FTP site connect port: 21
FTP site Username: Alco_P-A
FTP site Password: cQUUoEqcpeZih76cf99d3614e23e0d12
Note: Both your FTP Username and Password are case-sensitive and should be entered in as shown above.

Do these settings tell what's going on? Took out username and password and put back in in trainz settings with no positive results. CM and DL Helper still do nothing.

Has that password ever worked? It seems way too long for a ftp server. Most servers only allow up to 16 characters.

Mine which a different password does still work, checked last night using Filezilla.

Please do not post a unique to the user password on the forum or copy it in subsequent posts!

Up to last week I had no problem DL with FTP. Firewall settings is checked to allow ts19 to come thru. My username is listed correctly however my password is only 13 character's total and consists of letters and numbers and nothing like listed.

Last edited:
@Alco_P-A
Better change the password for your Trainz account, which will also change the FTP password. With your ftp password made public, anyone could use it for accessing the FTP server of the DLS.

Peter

Changed my password in my trainz account and trainz settings with no luck to dl. Still can't dl using FTP,CM, or trainz helper.
:(

As nothing seems to be working, suggest you raise a helpdesk ticket as there is probably something wrong with your account settings, it does occasionally happen.

After a PC crash and replacement with a new machine, I reinstalled Trainz and now have problems similar to what the OP described. Happy to learn this is a result of something different in the Trainz DLS server or my browser, not the fault of the new installation!

As to a solution, well... not every problem has one, does it?

So in windows how do I reset windows firewall? Was mentioned earlier in thread. Worth a try.

Click the notifications box on RH side of taskbar > All Settings > Windows security> Firewall and Network Protection, bottom of page Restore firewalls to default.
Or
Control Panel > Windows Defender Firewall > Restore Defaults.

Back