Removing The Automatic Running Numbers From Locomotives

I wanted to do some heritage locomotives but want to remove the ARN from the units so I can manually put my own digits on. I have several heritage units planned - each one with a different livery. What is the procedure for doing this? Or is there a link somebody can give to a step by step listing.

- RR70

There are at lest 3 types of ARN but must used now is the built in one from TRNE up, look for a folder starting with "car" it has 10 textures in it, dig0 to dig9, edit the alpha channel in each one to remove the number.

I would just open the config and edit the range of numbers from "X to Y" to "X" (enter single number range). I did this for my ARN CP SD40, pretty simple.

There are at lest 3 types of ARN but must used now is the built in one from TRNE up, look for a folder starting with "car" it has 10 textures in it, dig0 to dig9, edit the alpha channel in each one to remove the number.

I would be editing Dave Show's End SD70 units. So where in the Config File would I go and what could I do?

I would just open the config and edit the range of numbers from "X to Y" to "X" (enter single number range). I did this for my ARN CP SD40, pretty simple.

Ok, I'll try that one because I wouldn't want the Heritage units to be containing ARN and have downloaders use those as the primary power instead of Heritage locos. If I change my mind and decide to release one of the Heritage Paintschemes as the fictional company's new identity (seeing as how I'm working on a fictional Class 1 Railroad with a written history), then I'll roll with that. I suppose I could do a separate thread survey/poll for those who are interested. We'll see.

Back