In Search of old Trainz DLC

Many, many years ago when I still played TRS06 as a kid, I remember getting a pair of payware route packs, 'Trainz Routes' Volume 1 and 2. The one US route, Regional Passenger Transit was a personal favorite of mine and I put plenty of hours on '06 into that.

Seeing its been over a decade since I last remember interacting with wither those products, I was wonder if there is any way to find (or even rebuy) the old packs. I know I've lost them years ago in a house move and checking online places like eBay or Amazon have turned up empty. Figured asking here might lead me in the right direction. I understand the included routes or equipment might not even work seeing how out of date they are now, but I thought it was worth asking if anyone knows where I can find another copy of them.

You won't be able to just buy the disk for each route volume, but you might be able to obtain them from a bundle. Here is on Amazon TRS2006 with Trainz routes volume 1-4 included that's still currently for sale: https://www.amazon.com/Railway-Simulator-Collectors/dp/B005LTHHJW

If you don't want to buy it, most, if not all of those routes are available on the DLS, so if you can get the list of routes, you can search for the name and download them. Most will have unknown assets due to being made for older versions of Trainz that weren't uploaded on the DLS..

Here are the routes in each volume if you need it:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-are-on-Trainz-Routes-1-4&p=283696#post283696

Cheers

You know, some of those old routes might just be worth a bit of fun for the price, but I am curious, When Amazon says "New and Used from (price)", I assume used ones are not going to register with N3V. And I find it odd that the "New" one costs les than the used ones. Buy beware either way? Is it playable "as-is" if it can't be registered?

Used train games can installed and ran, but you just won't be able to register it to your account as more than likely it has been used.
Registering it just adds it to your timeline, and grants access to the DLS, but other than those 2, nothing special.

Cheers

If you had a registered version (check your account details in "My Trainz") you can buy a used version, then enter your licence detailsI don't think the dvd is hard coded to a licence number

Colin

As I recall the extra route DVDs were as hiawathamr said just a collection of routes that were already on the DLS. They were made available on DVD for people that didn't have broadband yet. Unless they fixed the bug introduced in TRS19 SP1 that causes the terrain to disappear when importing old routes, you should load them into TS12 and save them to get a version that opens in TRS19.

As I recall the extra route DVDs were as hiawathamr said just a collection of routes that were already on the DLS. They were made available on DVD for people that didn't have broadband yet. Unless they fixed the bug introduced in TRS19 SP1 that causes the terrain to disappear when importing old routes, you should load them into TS12 and save them to get a version that opens in TRS19.
they fixed that bug in TRS19 SP2

Very good to hear, thank you. Now I can resume importing my collection of routes from TRS2004 and TRS2006.

William

Back