I discovered how to make working cab cars. Step-by-step

janathan

After experimenting with Conny's MARC cab cars, I found out how to make them able to control a train. You can even give them horns, cabs, etc (but the attachment point for the cab needs to be rotated 180 degrees. Here's what I did:

1) Enginespec has to be (default wagon).
2) Add a tag in the config file for "real-engine" and set it to 0. (leave engine at 0 as well)
3) The attachment point for a.cabfront needs to face the direction of travel (I don't know how to move an attachment point on something someone else made)
Also, Conny's cab cars seem to already have attachments for headlights

I found this out after looking at the Metro-North cab cars and realizing the script only controls the cab signalling and not the vehicle itself.

I am not sure about that, I have some magicland cab cars and I can add the real engine tag in TRS19 without it not working.

Last edited:
"real-engine" still works for older traincars, but if you were trying to make a new cab car for Trainz 2019 (like I was), it won't work.

"real-engine" still works for older traincars, but if you were trying to make a new cab car for Trainz 2019 (like I was), it won't work.

That makes sense because the older build versions will work with in TRS2019 and use the now deprecated (obsoleted) tags, but placing that tag into a Build 4.7 and up will not work.

Back