TRS19 STALLED

greymaster

Just installed TRS19 and tried to start it, but all I get is the message "starting trainz" for two hours now. I have a new PC with W10. Any ideas? Thanks.

Check you have plenty of disk space and for a regular, spinning drive, defragment it.

Check your antivirus as well. Exclude the program and data folder from antivirus scanning. Antivirus programs have a field day stomping on the data files as they are opened.

Just installed TRS19 and tried to start it, but all I get is the message "starting trainz" for two hours now. I have a new PC with W10. Any ideas? Thanks.

Assuming this is using the full online installer from your post earlier. Was the download interrupted?

Presuming this is a PC, did you get to the launcher window and got this message after clicking on "Start Trainz"? If so, shut it down with the task manager, start up again to the launch window and rebuild the database repair from the Developer menu.

If not, What does the Windows Task Manager say? Is TRS19.exe "not responding"?

We need more info to help.

Stalled?

I did enter my account data. Taking my payment was absolutely smooth going. Getting the product to work not so smooth, playing with passwords, captcha and other garbage. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING POOR SERVICE.

Taking my payment was absolutely smooth going. Getting the product to work not so smooth, playing with passwords, captcha and other garbage.

Reality Check: "playing with passwords, captcha and other garbage" is standard for online shopping and other things these days.The Covid-19 pandemic has seen a significant upsurge in online fraud so I welcome any increase in security, real or perceived, despite any resulting inconveniences.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING POOR SERVICE.

Advice on this matter: See my answer in the paragraph above, but using all caps is an "absolutely disgusting poor" way of communicating, it show a lack of manners and, more importantly, a lack of self control and maturity. Most users in these forums do not respond well to this communication "technique". The responses you received were out of politeness and willingness to help a new user but that charity will not continue if you insist on "shouting".

My advice.

Last edited:
I did enter my account data. Taking my payment was absolutely smooth going. Getting the product to work not so smooth, playing with passwords, captcha and other garbage. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING POOR SERVICE.
It would be helpful if you would give us your computer specifications.

Last edited:
Hi,
Sorry to hear you have problems...
One thought, way is your internet connection like?
We have 35-45 Mbs, and it still takes a good while to download & install TS19 with all the patches.
Try leaving it downloading/installing overnight.

One thing Tony omitted, is that the support is based in Australia, so you're looking at support (generally) Mon to Fri for Oz office hours..

Colin

Back