Extra track added to turntable.

snurf

I have a problem with turntables in TRS 19 Platinum. It just started recently. Trainz adds track through the turntable. After I remove it, the next time I run Driver, the track is re-added. The turntable is the NSW Turntable. When a train is on the turntable, it remains on the extra track, even as the turntable rotates. Does anyone else have this problem, and have you found a solution?

The problem has disappeared. Possibly a coding problem has been corrected.

Last edited:
I have had the same problem in TRS19 and the my attempt to replace them ended up with a turntable that does not respond to scripted commands. Tired of fiddling with it and at this point TRS19. Mine is Platinum also

Is that the only turntable with the problem? If so, you might try contacting the creator by Private Message or email and see if they know about it. They might be able to fix and update it.

I have a problem with turntables in TRS 19 Platinum. It just started recently. Trainz adds track through the turntable. After I remove it, the next time I run Driver, the track is re-added. The turntable is the NSW Turntable. When a train is on the turntable, it remains on the extra track, even as the turntable rotates. Does anyone else have this problem, and have you found a solution?

Are you editing on the Route or Session? What Route <KUID> are you editing, or is it a Route you created from scratch.

Depending on your response, I or another forum member, may have a quick answer.

Something a bit strange about NSW turntable. It calls for 3 different tracks as dependencies in its kuid-table, but only seems to use 2 of them in its attached-track container. I am not sure if this explains the behaviour though.

Not sure if it's the same thing you're experiencing, but I've been having a ton of trouble with turntables of late as well.

For some reason they will often "glitch" when loading a route, for no apparent reason.

This is one after simply loading the session for edit (route or session, doesn't mater). Note that the track objects (the blank boards) have flipped sides also.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Simply going into "driver" mode and selecting the turntable to rotate one position often makes it "snap" back to (almost) normal. Below is after doing just that; into "driver" mode, rotating the table one position, then back into "surveyor". Note that the track objects haven't been fixed though.

I usually find that the best thing to do is exit (without saving anything) then re-load the route again (possibly also load a small simple route in-between to "kick-start" the cache?).
This is the same scene after simply exiting and re-loading.

This one is very common, with the table track itself showing as out of synch with the table mesh. Going into "driver" mode and rotating the table one position usually seems to fix this as the mesh "snaps" back into synch with the track.

These aren't the only issues I've been having either. Another one it will do during editing a route or session, seemingly (at random) if I select "undo" at some time, a table (not necessarily anywhere near where I am working) will appear as if it has "rotated" while all the attached tracks stay in place, creating a spiral effect of track splines, a bit like that string-art from the 70's.

Lately, when loading a route, I'll have to go around and check all the various turntables to see if any of them have "glitched" like this, before I start work, in case I have to exit and re-load the route. It's becoming very annoying.

[Edit]: Here are some more examples. They are all on the same route as those above, and these happened after a complete computer re-start and fresh load of the game and route. Nothing else done.

This one is an example of that spiral effect I mentioned (same route-load as the two above), but relatively subtle. I have seen it much worse than this.

And this is after doing the "driver", "rotate", "surveyor" technique I mentioned above.

Cheers,
Piere.

Last edited:
Your turntable is not the NSW Turntable that the OP talks about. But your situation looks like its bizarre. What KUID is the turntable you are using?

Bizarre indeed. The two types I've shown are:
<kuid:387111:100322> TEH 115' Roundhouse Kit, Turntable
and
<kuid:387111:100443> TBS 130' Roundhouse Kit, Turntable D49
(neither are on the DLS).

I posted as I thought it may be a turntables-in-general issues, rather than a specific asset. For turntables which use visible track assets for the rails, rather than invisible assets as the ones I showed, then it would look as though an "extra track" had been added if it did the same thing as in my fourth image.

I haven't investigated whether the same thing happens to other turntables as these are so prevalent on many of the routes I have collected/bought and merged (and I use them myself wherever I can) as they are such great looking assets.

Cheers,
Piere.

I also have this problem with another turntable, the 65' iron turntable, which leads me to believe that it is a TRS 19 Platinum problem.

Piere asked what is the KUID of the NSW turntable I am using. It is kuid2:61119:1500:5. The Content Manager list three versions of the NSW turntable. The one I am using is listed as "Built-in", and the other two are listed as obsolete.

I am editing on the route. It's a route that I created. also mentioned that I am having the same problem with the 65' iron turntable.

Back