ATLS Signals for T Intersection

gt350

Has anyone been successful creating a T intersection using ATLS signals? I have tried a lot of different things but can't get it to work.

What I tried to do was to connect an invisible road to the traffic stopper at the top of the T intersection with the right side of the cross road. Without it the traffic disappears. Doing that changes the light to change with the stem route. The intersection will work if the traffic just disappears without the invisible road but I was trying to make it all work.

The setup of a tee intersection with invisible road is kind of a pain. It seems that the traffic stoppers like to be attached to a road spline better and the invisible road does as well. I haven't been able to get the three to work together except to hook the invisible road to a second spline point just away from the traffic stopper and route it like they are making a "right turn on red" kinda thing.

Success! I agree with the invisible road attachment point. What was happening was the traffic coming into the top of T would turn into stem with was OK but was going through the red light like you stated. I added a dog house so at least the traffic would turn on a green arrow and much to my surprise the traffic on the top of I stops on red and now drives straight thru. Don't know why but it now works.
Thanks for you help.

I got to thinking about this after I posted and I have worked out a better solution (I think).

I placed third traffic stopper on the right side of the tee and connected the N side of the vertical leg to it and from there on to another spline point on the horizontal.

This results in traffic still stopping at the intersection on red, but then turning right on green only.

The Setup:

https://ibb.co/gR0wQfN

The "Wiring:"

https://ibb.co/q9RqtCj

The Result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1I8PUsYlmk

I know it's not perfect, (traffic only turns right,) but it's better than it disappearing and re-appearing at random.

PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited:
I will give it a shot. How does you road in the video generate so many cars? The roads I use I have wait about 5 minutes to get one to appear.

That's not typical of what happens in my route. This was just a testing board, so the roads were open ended. That always generated more cars than roads that are connected at all ends.

I, too have to wait a few minutes for the roads to generate traffic in my route and yes, there are fewer cars.

You don't need a third stopper. Traffic will always take the left on left-hand drive routes and the right on right-hand routes when an invisible road is attached as a junction to the other road. The trick is to place a spline point or stopper just off-center after the split.

Yes, but I can make the traffic turn either direction with this method.

How did you manage to get traffic to go either way? As far as I am aware all traffic going from south to north will only turn in one direction. Likewise, traffic East to West I have not come across traffic that can go left or right.

I just meant that I could make them turn either right or left. I haven't been able to find a method to make them choose left, right, or straight randomly.

Back