Trainz Plus Beta 111069 (PC) and 110923 (Mac)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
The latest Beta update for Trainz Plus and Gold Class members is available using the Trainz Plus Beta patch stream.

As usual, please use the Trainz Bug Report to submit bugs, and feel free to note issues here as well.

MPS Beta Server
We now have a Multiplayer Surveyor Beta server for our Trainz Plus Beta clients. All edits on the Beta Server will be discarded at some point, but that doesn't mean you can't still have fun driving and editing with your friends.

We've also uploaded a version of Sebino Lake to our MPS as part of the progression towards allowing users to customise their own content sets specific to their own MPS route.

Changelist:
New "high contrast" scroll bar
Various UI updates to Driver Select window
Various UI updates to Content Store
In-game chat now fully native
Fixes for new MyTrainz Login
Fixed a rare case where loading a map could take 30 minutes
Improved handling of object height adjustment (including around digholes)
Multiplayer loading time (w.i.p. - no user facing changes as yet)
Multiplayer synchronisation (w.i.p - no user facing changes as yet)
Finalised TNI Physics SDK (programmer access coming in the next week or two)
Steam builds will have proper DLC naming and descriptions (not relevant to this beta)
Added an expiry for scripted camera edit requests (to avoid a hang or incomplete route load)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Track laid in 470 will change alignment in the next update. This won't be noticeable in the majority of cases, but will be seen in curved track with a large distance between spline points.

A recent bug fix introduced new behaviour for track splines (most often noticed when doing a bulk replace, but they would happen any time you replaced old track with new splines). After a detailed investigation we will be reverting the recent change.

What this means is that you should not attempt to realign track using your current or previous Trainz Plus Beta builds. To be safe, avoid laying any track that is important to you.

Note that this issue relates to alignment only. Spline nodes and heights are not affected and only the curvature between points is affected.

Other Issues:
JohnnyC1 - re your report of "When copying and pasting scenery objects that contain splines a green translucent artifact appears on top of the spline. Bug report submitted." No bug report was received but the problem has been verified and task raised.

Last edited:
First thing noticed: In Driver wanting to issue a "Navigate To" command - the "Navigate To" dropdown is "buggy." Sometimes it works but sometimes when I click on the scrollbar to attempt to "click on" and "drag" the scroll up or down the dropdown simply closes. The UP and DOWN arrows (to scroll) also cannot be clicked.

TRS19 Port Zyd - session 1

Odd - In 111069, trains are not being emitted by "Portal". In map view a consist ("consist 0") shows but it's still in the portal. It moves forward a bit and stops (while still in the portal). In 110491 things worked as expected - train is emitted and AI trains continue being emitted as configured.

This after a quick session 1 run... not tried other sessions yet

bump - Odd. A new Beta release usually gets a number of replies. Where is everyone?

Obviously no bugs :D

Looking at the number of updates, it looks like the same number of testers as the last update.

We'll investigate the buggy Navigate to UI and the portal issue. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Bulk replacement tool still broken

k55dxOZ.png

0xV0ets.png

How to repro:
Claim DLC route 'TRS19 and TANE - American Mountains' from https://tccp.auran.com/beta_packages.php and download it
Load route in surveyor
Clone the route in surveyor so you can make changes
Change it from winter to summer so you can see easier
Bulk replace the existing track with a track of your choice (don't use invisible track)
First location of known issue is south of Elsmere and second location is south of Miller's Grains on the S curve.

------------
Different subject - I wanted to buy this DLC, but everything I click on purchase it takes me to the Trainz store instead of the page :(
This DLC is being advertised in TRS19 as well.
qL4Xtlc.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
I've had no time to do anything lately. I'll download the content and get myself setup tomorrow and hopefully I can do some testing.

Build 110771 and the tectonic plates effect

Dear trainzers this was and is my worst ever experience with a build in trainz working on my greater Calgary route.
it is rather large and so when working for 1 or 2 weeks in a certain city area one not notices sudden dramatic changes(somewhere else in the route).
I lost probably1 to 2 weeks of precious texturing and road laying work.
The UTM 3D boards still are floating at the correct height but all the track roads and terrain is all set to zero.
110771 was not flawed it was totally unusable and I have no clue who could ever do/test anything within getting massively into trouble.
thank you for ruining my month.
I now try to go back to an earlier build which means install trs19 complete from scrach and dl all needed assets from dls and try to pickup where i left of 2 weeks ago.
Anybody else having the same experience with terrain getting corrupted in parts a given route??

That's sad to hear, Roy.

You should have made a backup and used a cloned copy for testing.

I imported my one and only pet route from TS19 (110491) and there are two assets that were built-in for TS19 (110491) and missing for this release.

<kuid2:60238:26184:1> Transcontinental Hotel
<kuid2:60238:26:1> Truck

Both are very old scenery assets and easily replaced but one would think the built-in content would be the same.

thank you for ruining my month.
I now try to go back to an earlier build which means install trs19 complete from scrach and dl all needed assets from dls and try to pickup where i left of 2 weeks ago.

I think when using a beta for a live project you should expect bad things to happen. I imagine detail of what went wrong would be valuable to N3V.

Paul,

I understand what you are saying but it is always a catch22 whatever version trs19 you install and most of the time there are the regular bad one's compared to boards corruption this time.
If i not go into the beta world i get all the surprises at the end(and have to deal with the shortcomings of the build using) when i would attempt to go to a higher build and might face a mentally unsurmountable avalanche of little and big critters and the next battle uphill to get things up and running.
110771 was an exceptional bad version (for me and a few others I heard from).
Sorry for my bad english.
Tired of thinking what words to use and hope they are correct sort off.

I think when using a beta for a live project you should expect bad things to happen. I imagine detail of what went wrong would be valuable to N3V.

Tired of thinking what words to use and hope they are correct sort off.

It was never intended to be critical so my apologies if read that way.

I think it invaluable for route builders such as you load up your project and look for problems. But I would be super cautious about doing any major changes unless I was reasonably certain I was not going to waste my time having to wind back to an earlier save point.

With betas I expect things to fail.

Paul,

no you were not critical at all it is just me getting at age and worn out by times more than usual i try no to translate from a native language but think in the language i uae to talk like french,flemish,dutch english german.spanish etc i relally notice my mind and brain is playing games with me.
thanks for your kind posting and all work you have done for trainz and the community in general.

Hat off sir and a humble bow.

I imported my one and only pet route from TS19 (110491) and there are two assets that were built-in for TS19 (110491) and missing for this release.

<kuid2:60238:26184:1> Transcontinental Hotel
<kuid2:60238:26:1> Truck

Both are very old scenery assets and easily replaced but one would think the built-in content would be the same.

My update to 111069 shows both those assets as built-in still.

My update to 111069 shows both those assets as built-in still.
Interesting. For the original beta release I copied my existing TS19 installation (110491) user data and everything went to custard so I did a new installation and applied the (older) beta to that. I was so busy that I never got around to checking this route.

AFAIK, the beta installation I have is a clean installation with the previous beta and current beta installed.

In which case this asset is a DLC asset. When DLC was downloaded in an earlier version some DLC assets were shown as built-in instead of payware and this may be the case here.

In which case this asset is a DLC asset. When DLC was downloaded in an earlier version some DLC assets were shown as built-in instead of payware and this may be the case here.

OK, I believe I read that somewhere else. This particular route is a TS06 route although tweaked through various versions of Trainz and I have no idea when I may have added them but probably back in TS06. They are very old assets.

So, I guess at some point they were removed from built-ins but somehow got into a DLC that I downloaded in an earlier version of TS19. :confused:

I'm so glad I'm not a route builder.

Back