Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta 111069 (PC) and 110923 (Mac)

Blog Entries

Yeah, routes save as 4.8. Didn't see that announced.

I also noticed that asset that are not the original now do not show the "2" after kuid in CM. i.e. <kuid:18372:100105> instead of <kuid2:18372:100105>. This is a bit confusing so I wonder about the logic of that.

Roy,
    I couldn't follow your route update process so I just made a new version of an existing route which bumps the kuid. I don't see any ripple issues in the scenery although I did gets lots of load errors for some assets. Those I believe are fixable - at least for someone who knows how to do it.

When updating your route, do you take a copy to another folder outside the Trainz editing folder and then commit from there? That's a process I use for fixing CRG faulty assets and have done that 100's of times.

Paul

<kuid:18372:100105> instead of <kuid2:18372:100105>
    >>
    There will never be a
    kuid2 without a version number, and it is always kuid: for the original version.
    i.e.
    <kuid:18372:100105> <kuid2:18372:100105:1><kuid2:18372:100105:2> etc

Roy - Check your email to work through your route issues with QA.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Thailand, Phu Pan Nat'l park proud neighbor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    Yeah, routes save as 4.8. Didn't see that announced.

I also noticed that asset that are not the original now do not show the "2" after kuid in CM. i.e. <kuid:18372:100105> instead of <kuid2:18372:100105>. This is a bit confusing so I wonder about the logic of that.

Roy,
    I couldn't follow your route update process so I just made a new version of an existing route which bumps the kuid. I don't see any ripple issues in the scenery although I did gets lots of load errors for some assets. Those I believe are fixable - at least for someone who knows how to do it.

When updating your route, do you take a copy to another folder outside the Trainz editing folder and then commit from there? That's a process I use for fixing CRG faulty assets and have done that 100's of times.
    Hi Paul,
    I use once in a while CM edit open explorer and edit the text tilte and kuid and than drop thde folder into CM which in the pasrt worked 100%.
    On the Calgary route I probably hit a real bad glitch in 100771 wehich corrupted the baseboards badly.
    For the record I could rpreo it I think last week and kept a hawkeye on each time idid save route and made a new version frequently in case I oversse baseboards went to ground zero somewhere.
    10 this morning i made a new version and did the same change the title and the kuid and dropped the folder into CM and this time no glitch like wth what is my problem....
    Typical you have to go to see the doctor and get there and nothing you can show, you go back home and sick again sort off.

Tony,
    I get back to you.
    Unfortunately today I could NOT repro this glitch but I kept one route version where I srted cleanup a bunch of baseboards in the SW Calgary area noth worked on yet. Here you can see the vast damage done to the baseboards and who knows splines too.

The spline refresh circus is in full swing on my route and I need to exit and restart the route every less than 5 min as the spline circles and no graphics yet is the result and sometimes need a real long time to show iff show. An unworkable situation unfortunately.
    Here again a crazy situation yesterday morning after I posted the splines refresh problem: I started working and believe it or not for more than 10 min i had a normal working situation but at some point the constant refresh and ripples thru the route started to make me save and exit.
    I have necver seen this in any route or release before 100771 and later so not to blame my computer or me if i me say so.
    The makers of the famous Canadian Rocky Mountains routes
    Master my all new TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains routes

Hi Tony,

<kuid:18372:100105> instead of <kuid2:18372:100105>
    >>
    There will never be a
    kuid2 without a version number, and it is always kuid: for the original version.
    i.e.
    <kuid:18372:100105> <kuid2:18372:100105:1><kuid2:18372:100105:2> etc
    Please note downloaded items today not in the kuid format you mention above in CM - the "kuid2" does not show, yet when copy paste as below "kuid2" shows correct (TRS+ 111069).

<kuid2:132952:151533:5> PKP U(Ft) Pwg Pr14 229-3 st.W-wa Gl. Tow
    <kuid2:132952:151541:5> DB Pwgs14 Pwg Pr14 121 474 st.Engers
    <kuid2:132952:100019:3> DB Pwgs14 Pwg Pr14 130 922
    Last edited by butler57; February 15th, 2021 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Fixed paste issue
    butler57

Всем привет! Это проблема, которая возникает, когда тепловоз набирает скорость, то есть дым движется относительно точки привязки, дым идет перед выхлопной трубой

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Sanek17 says:

Hello everyone! This is a problem that occurs when the locomotive picks up speed, that is, smoke moves relative to the anchor point, smoke goes in front of the exhaust pipe.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

As far as I know broken since TANE

try this setting (off)
    greetings GM

KUID missing the "2" in CM is fixed.
    Roy - good to hear your backup version is working.

<kuid2:60238:26184:1> - this asset is in Healesville, so install that
    <kuid2:60238:26:1> - the is in Fall Harvest Nebraska
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Thanks Tony - pcas1986 will be less confused now (as will others).
    butler57

Blog Entries

Hi Tony,
    2 sleepless nights fearing I lost maybe many month of work as the QA team assumed the latest version v96 of the main route has a lot of missing data .gnd,trk,vtx etc.
    I did send them though the v 96 but they probably and hopefully only checked the v90 version with the grand canyon baseboards and yes lots of lost data as mentioned.
    It is so scary but I give it a try today to add stuff just hope i not get mangled again in another corner and not know it.
    Last night driver worked flawless and I did run a consist from deep SE Calgary all the way up to Wildcat and used trackmark. Also on the various industires tracks left and right spread all over the city.
    Drive to trackmark worked normal and the route is of course not tuned and finshed far from but step by step. So cross fingers and hope for the best..
    I am not out of the woods and will see today what the constant refresh of splines and texures in surveyor will surprise me with.

Blog Entries

Hi guys,

Hurrah for Microsoft. NOT.

I've been out of action since Xmas after one of MS updates went belly-up taking out my main machine, and I couldn't recover O/S and still can't.

Health

I got Shingles at Easter 2020 just as we went into Lockdown 4. The shingles is mostly gone and the skin healed without colouration. However, my auto immune system in the meantime started savaging me with nerve pain. No amount of drugs completely takes the edge off the nerve pain and like most medication introduces vicious side effects. Like staggers, trembling fingers, brain fog, pins and needles, numbness in the leg and left arm, loss of appetite and constipation. To a lesser degree this is still happening and my ability to concentrate on recovering TRS19 and TARDIS was nil.

AND THERE GOES THE MEAGRE FINANCES

My car battery decided to die, and a tyre needed replacement to get a WOF and car registration.

Then my mobile failed and I had to buy a new one. Bought Samsung A51. Larger screen suits my big fingers. Nice machine.

Last week I got fedup with having no WIN10 Pro machine so being constrained by budget I bought an Asus PN50 minipc Ryzen 7 4700U 8 threads dual channel with Crucial 32GB RAM and a 1TB Samsung SSD. And now I'm broke but alive. I'm tying the PN50 into a TCL 43in Android TV which has an HDMI port. The miniPC also uses a 1Gbps link to a Synology NAS using Hybrid Raid. Obviously with integrated GPU it wasn't going to compete with my Beast's performance. Performance test says it's brilliant for everything except graphics and results so far have validated that. My new TRS19 setup is on the NAS, where I have an older version of TARDIS and TRS19 assets.tdx (only place I have TRS19 CM custom filters) as well as both core TRS19 and a new Userdata. As we are now dealing with the vagaries of TB 4.8 I decided to rebuild my TARDIS test bed from scratch, something I was hoping to avoid considering my local link to ISP is a 4G Wireless Broadband not fibre. As my main interest is repair the slower graphics performance was a reasonable tradeoff to enable me to become active again. So with my main TRS19, and AssetX/PEVtools/TARDIS out of action I managed to instal a new TRS19 and upversion it to 111069.

BUG! I'm getting a very large number of DLd assets, in all categories, reported as having invalid characters in username. about 50%. Looks like any character in the upper ASCII table. If you try to run DBR you get kicked out after or at end of added assets section with a consequent DUMP file generated by WIN10 Pro. No damage appears to be occurring, other than the number of useable legacy assets is diminishing, including CRG fixes I suspect, but you get into a perpetual cycle of DBRs and DUMP files. If you try to close/commit an OFE you get dumped to desktop. This was not the case in earlier TRS 19 versions.

Can someone confirm this is a bug and report it please. My medication is kicking in w/ side effects and now finger trembling making this reporting a nightmare.
    Last edited by ianwoodmore; February 16th, 2021 at 09:34 PM.
    N3V Beta Tester. Trainz Pioneer Council. TrainzDev Team.
    Asset X, PEVTools and TARDIS Beta Tester
    http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...AssetX_Scripts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Roy - good to hear your backup version is working.

<kuid2:60238:26184:1> - this asset is in Healesville, so install that
    <kuid2:60238:26:1> - the is in Fall Harvest Nebraska

Tony and QA team!

LUCKY i could find a not to old backup that was not damaged so that was the best news so far

Now her is even better news as what I thought QA team and George gave ma a thought to clean my computer (which i had on my list but postponed already few times.) and that might be the cause of the refresh problems with splines etc i mentioned in posts before.

So today i took my computer apart and meticulously cleand the fan blades and heatsink ribs carefully with good paintbrushes and men that was ugly dust nested everywhere and not a little bit.
    2 hours later a clean and fresh asus strix graphics board and 3 fans, cleaned memory blocks and all fans and heatsinks all looked shiny and happy.
    Result GPU temp dropped when working in trainz from 82C avarage to merely 62C and steady even when running in driver in the Calgary Alith yard.
    FPS also gained a lot so good that George sort of pushed me to clean now which I did.

Thanks again QA team you made my day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by butler57 View Post
    Thanks Tony - pcas1986 will be less confused now (as will others).
    I've been with Trainz since TS04 so I'm used to being confused. But I will admit to reporting it in the wrong thread and obviously didn't read what I wrote.

Paul

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Welcome back Ian! It sounds like you've been through the wringer and then some.

Increase your Windows page file to at least 3x your installed memory and that will solve the dump out to the desktop at the end of the Database Repair (DBR).

I haven't seen anything else regarding bad characters except in the news.

Take care.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641