Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta 111069 (PC) and 110923 (Mac)

What just happened to my 111069 installation? So, I decided to open Trainz today, and I get a new version available notice, so I choose notify me next week, thinking I opened the wrong build. So I exited the game and did a relaunch, on the startup I get a DB rebuild and from the looks it looks like an extended DBR. I opened CM and to my dismay all changes that I made are gone, back to the default screen, small fronts and install/modification dates set to 02/07/2021. Also my Trainz sign-in is missing?? Is there a new build or what?

John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC1 View Post
    What just happened to my 111069 installation? So, I decided to open Trainz today, and I get a new version available notice, so I choose notify me next week, thinking I opened the wrong build. So I exited the game and did a relaunch, on the startup I get a DB rebuild and from the looks it looks like an extended DBR. I opened CM and to my dismay all changes that I made are gone, back to the default screen, small fronts and install/modification dates set to 02/07/2021. Also my Trainz sign-in is missing?? Is there a new build or what?

John
    I don't get an update notification on my 111069 beta installation. And I can't recall ever using the "notify me next week" option. Perhaps you should submit a bug report based on the above.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    I don't get an update notification on my 111069 beta installation. And I can't recall ever using the "notify me next week" option. Perhaps you should submit a bug report based on the above.
    As soon as the EDBR is finished I will submit the bug.

John

In both instances on start of previous installation:
    EDBR took 5 hours, it was performed automatically. This the second instance of this occurring.

1. In both instances CM was set to default, user custom menu removed
    2. In both instances all CM items were set to the default date
    3. In both instances a large number of my assets on the DLS are not shown having a U/L date
    4. In both instances the display menu in Surveyor is the default menu, no pick lists.
    5. In both instances the settings menu have defaulted to new install.
    6. In both instances over 1200+ assets were shown as faulty
    7. In both instances my user info had to be re-entered in the settings menu and when doing so, the faulty assets were reverted to normal.
    8. No problems with payware installed not active.
    9. On the first install and after a couple of days all of my consists disappeared and are still absent on the second install.
    10. In both instances on the start screen, the routes menus takes forever to load as does switching between the loco menu and route menu.
    11. In both instances there is a one min+ delay when deleting objects and copy/pasting before the action is completed.

John
    Last edited by JohnnyC1; February 8th, 2021 at 08:52 PM.

Was this a new install of TRS19? as it looks as if you have installed a new download which has then asked for the update. The missing user info is another clue that this is a new install as an update did not remove that info. This sounds like you have not changed the install path in settings to your old build folder or replaced the present build folder with a copy of the old folder.

Quote Originally Posted by stagecoach View Post
    Was this a new install of TRS19? as it looks as if you have installed a new download which has then asked for the update. The missing user info is another clue that this is a new install as an update did not remove that info. This sounds like you have not changed the install path in settings to your old build folder or replaced the present build folder with a copy of the old folder.
    Not a new download, same folders and settings as the previous build, nothing changed.

John

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC1 View Post
    Not a new download, same folders and settings as the previous build, nothing changed.

John
    I had the same thing.

I redownloaded the content and those faults went away for some. For other content, a revert to original one some of the assets removed the missing dependencies on others.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

No clock is shown unless a driver is selected.

SP2 works fine; this version does not.

Bug reported.
    Last edited by JCitron; February 9th, 2021 at 10:53 PM.
    John

Issues with Portal Basic.

The following script error occurs with Portal Basic:
    - <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : File portaltunnel.gs, Line -1, ER_NativeCallError
    ; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : Script class: PortalTunnel
    ; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : MeshObject: <kuid:30501:22006:5> "Portal Basic"
    ; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : Script callstack
    ; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $int@GameObject::GetId(), line -1
    ; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $void@PortalTunnel::EmitTrain(Soup), line 577
    ; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $void@PortalTunnel::CheckEmitTrains(), line 952
    ; <kuid2:30501:22006:5> : function $void@PortalTunnel::ThreadEmitTrains(), line 931

Bug reported.
    John

Driver Surveyor menu is messed up. Bug reported.

The source defaults to purchased, which is okay.

Personal routes appear under the purchased selection even if they're not.

If the list is changed to installed, then all these routes too will then appear under the purchased filter.
    John

More portal problems. Reported this bug. Consists derail and produce this assertion error. I also got this error with the Portal Basic so it's not just Portal Basic that is having problems.

John

I finally installed the Trainz plus beta on my 2014 Mac mini. I'm unable to get past the launcher menu, after I click, "start Trainz" it crashes. I think with this beta drops the frame rate down for Intel Macs and greatly improves it for ASi Macs. The problem is my 2014 Mac mini runs Kickstarter, Fossil Fuel session at 7 to 18 FPS, and I think the frame rate drops too low to run it. I did submit a bug report.
    Trainz 2019 Big Sur. M1 Macs
    2014 Mac Mini 8gb ram, Intel 1536MB
    2014 Air 8gb memory, Intel 1536MB
    T Driver 2 iPhone SE2 iOS14

Thailand, Phu Pan Nat'l park proud neighbor
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down Cry out loud and disbelieve if hat is the correct expression!

Dear fellow trainzers: in these time of great dispair in real live we try to protect and keep our little trainz world alive and sound.
    After my 3plus month pause because of various reasons i tried to pickup again wokring again on 'finishing' the greater Calgary region.\
    At my age it felt like learning curve kicked in on various skills we take for granted but not to bad so my brain is still operational and good enough for handling trainz typical surprises coming with each monthly new release on trs19.
    I reported my route work was trashed and ruined by a major bug/glitch some 2 weeks ago where i wittnessed the first ever ful 3D tectonic plates simulation in my Calagary route or any route in my 17 years trainz experience.
    Last week by accident i discovered I could repro this malfunction and know now to stay away from that feature to use for quiet a while.
    The route is still in recovery mode as I had to recreate almost 2 weeks of work and my backups unfortunately all got the large bunch of baseboards reset to zero in between Wildcat (west of Cochrane) and West and north of Calgary city..... Dreadful when I think about it.

Here is the malfunction that i could repro:
    1 In CM open the route and alter/update the text on eg title of the route and version number of kuid!. AS no brainer normally I agree.
    2 Do the same with the cm title as this has to be in sync with the contents altered in title and kuid number.
    3 Save and drop the route from CM back into cm as we have done countless times in the past.
    4 I open the route in question and look at the grand canyon phenomina created and a now useless version of the route .

Now i know how to avoid and stay away from this boobytrap I felt releive but run into the next evenly dreaful mishap:
    Splnes repaint and wait for more than a minut or longer to get a refresh of me trying to lay road or track splines.
    Since 110771 this unfortunate mishap ruines my day as sort of have to save quit the the route and reopen again every 2-3 minutes as working becomes impossible.
    Even texturing one see shockwaves of of 3D circles like a hydro bomb was dropped halting the game work.
    If lucky it displays the grapihics of the track and roads but in most instances it does at places where you work or next to it or none at all and only the splice circles and line....no graphics.
    Am i the only one experiencing this feature??
    I tend to believe not and most trainzers just try to keep quiet and move forward.
    Now I run 111069 and I try to hang in there but honestly not for much longer.
    This not makes sense at all getting hammered day in day out with thiese critters and no real progress on my route.

ignore my typos, thank you.
    The makers of the famous Canadian Rocky Mountains routes
    Master my all new TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains routes

Hi Roy,

Sorry to read about your route building dilemma.
    By any chance would it have anything to do with updated versions ie: Latest build saves assets as 4.7, and build 110771 was not very stable.

One thing I have done for some time is not to build or create in the latest version and will wait until it is absolutely stable - probably don't go above version 4.5

Good luck and hang in there Roy
    butler57

Thailand, Phu Pan Nat'l park proud neighbor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by butler57 View Post
    Hi Roy,

Sorry to read about your route building dilemma.
    By any chance would it have anything to do with updated versions ie: Latest build saves assets as 4.7, and build 110771 was not very stable.

One thing I have done for some time is not to build or create in the latest version and will wait until it is absolutely stable - probably don't go above version 4.5

Good luck and hang in there Roy
    Hi butler57,

well the dilemma is i tried waiting but than there are even more hurdles to take or critters hide under the carpet.
    Yes it got out of hand since 110771 and it makes v4.8 and for me going back to an older version was out of the question older than 2 weeks which is 4.7. I have than no idea what was done in the various parts of town and outside en it is totally depressing getting stonewalled over and over again for just using basic commands, nothing fancy.
    Waiting for the next absolute stable version than my route probably overshoots the final target date of making it for a trs19 version to launch this route.
    The makers of the famous Canadian Rocky Mountains routes
    Master my all new TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains routes