Trainz Plus Beta 111069 (PC) and 110923 (Mac)

G'day John,

Nice to hear from you, and as always good advice.
The unwanted stay in access to Trainz had caused a 'corporate memory' loss.
Posting above almost immediately triggered my synapses with recall of some work I did on this subject back in early TRS2009 beta testing.
At that time I had multiple HDDs and SSDs in the Beast that I set to 1 x RAM but collectively gave me about 1024GB pagefile with any hard faults handled by the first 32GB pagefile. Back in those days there was little written about Windows page files. NOW there is a very good writeup.

Yesterday I had increased my sole C:/ drive pagefile to 16GB from the default ~5GB, and today as I read your post I was just about to increase to 96GB based on the article.

NZ has just dropped to Level 1 lockdown rules for Wellington and most of the country, although Auckland is still at Level 2 until Monday.

The sky is blue, the sun is warm on my skin, the wind a mere zephyr;
The morning rush hour is over so not too many people on the pavements;
My cupboards are bare and I needed to go shopping, and we can;
My pension arrived in my bank account on time and so a big sigh of relief.

I'm home again after my 2.5km round trip on foot.
Now for the luxurious aroma and sensation of a cup of coffee accompanied by a blueberry bran muffin.

My apologies, I digress. 'And now to the forum' as Hughie Greene Brit Comedian used to say.
And some more sleuthing with version 111069. Hope there is a new version soon.

Ian

Hi Ian good to hear from you again and please hang in there
A side note: my wife always say (the Thai culture saying) to me: "there are many more people much worse off than you"
Te be honest I cannot complain as long as health allow to do the daily things we are so used to (like trainz;))

Have a nice day!

Ning and Roy:wave:

Hi Ian - glad to see you back. No-one else has reported this so can you give a few KUIDs as examples for us to check.
I would think the problem is with your db rather than the build, but we'll see if we can repro.
You could also try downloading the same content to a fresh local data folder to see how that goes and confirm if it changes things your end.

Back