Trainz Plus Beta 111069 (PC) and 110923 (Mac)

More portal problems. Reported this bug. Consists derail and produce this assertion error. I also got this error with the Portal Basic so it's not just Portal Basic that is having problems.

Assertion-Error-from-portal-derail.jpg

I finally installed the Trainz plus beta on my 2014 Mac mini. I'm unable to get past the launcher menu, after I click, "start Trainz" it crashes. I think with this beta drops the frame rate down for Intel Macs and greatly improves it for ASi Macs. The problem is my 2014 Mac mini runs Kickstarter, Fossil Fuel session at 7 to 18 FPS, and I think the frame rate drops too low to run it. I did submit a bug report.

Cry out loud and disbelieve if hat is the correct expression!

Dear fellow trainzers: in these time of great dispair in real live we try to protect and keep our little trainz world alive and sound.
After my 3plus month pause because of various reasons i tried to pickup again wokring again on 'finishing' the greater Calgary region.\
At my age it felt like learning curve kicked in on various skills we take for granted but not to bad so my brain is still operational and good enough for handling trainz typical surprises coming with each monthly new release on trs19.
I reported my route work was trashed and ruined by a major bug/glitch some 2 weeks ago where i wittnessed the first ever ful 3D tectonic plates simulation in my Calagary route or any route in my 17 years trainz experience.
Last week by accident i discovered I could repro this malfunction and know now to stay away from that feature to use for quiet a while.
The route is still in recovery mode as I had to recreate almost 2 weeks of work and my backups unfortunately all got the large bunch of baseboards reset to zero in between Wildcat (west of Cochrane) and West and north of Calgary city..... Dreadful when I think about it.

Here is the malfunction that i could repro:
1 In CM open the route and alter/update the text on eg title of the route and version number of kuid!. AS no brainer normally I agree.
2 Do the same with the cm title as this has to be in sync with the contents altered in title and kuid number.
3 Save and drop the route from CM back into cm as we have done countless times in the past.
4 I open the route in question and look at the grand canyon phenomina created and a now useless version of the route .

Now i know how to avoid and stay away from this boobytrap I felt releive but run into the next evenly dreaful mishap:
Splnes repaint and wait for more than a minut or longer to get a refresh of me trying to lay road or track splines.
Since 110771 this unfortunate mishap ruines my day as sort of have to save quit the the route and reopen again every 2-3 minutes as working becomes impossible.
Even texturing one see shockwaves of of 3D circles like a hydro bomb was dropped halting the game work.
If lucky it displays the grapihics of the track and roads but in most instances it does at places where you work or next to it or none at all and only the splice circles and line....no graphics.
Am i the only one experiencing this feature??
I tend to believe not and most trainzers just try to keep quiet and move forward.
Now I run 111069 and I try to hang in there but honestly not for much longer.
This not makes sense at all getting hammered day in day out with thiese critters and no real progress on my route.

ignore my typos, thank you.

Hi Roy,

Sorry to read about your route building dilemma.
By any chance would it have anything to do with updated versions ie: Latest build saves assets as 4.7, and build 110771 was not very stable.

One thing I have done for some time is not to build or create in the latest version and will wait until it is absolutely stable - probably don't go above version 4.5

Good luck and hang in there Roy

Hi Roy,

Sorry to read about your route building dilemma.
By any chance would it have anything to do with updated versions ie: Latest build saves assets as 4.7, and build 110771 was not very stable.

One thing I have done for some time is not to build or create in the latest version and will wait until it is absolutely stable - probably don't go above version 4.5

Good luck and hang in there Roy

Hi butler57,

well the dilemma is i tried waiting but than there are even more hurdles to take or critters hide under the carpet.
Yes it got out of hand since 110771 and it makes v4.8 and for me going back to an older version was out of the question older than 2 weeks which is 4.7. I have than no idea what was done in the various parts of town and outside en it is totally depressing getting stonewalled over and over again for just using basic commands, nothing fancy.
Waiting for the next absolute stable version than my route probably overshoots the final target date of making it for a trs19 version to launch this route.

Yeah, routes save as 4.8. Didn't see that announced.

I also noticed that asset that are not the original now do not show the "2" after kuid in CM. i.e. <kuid:18372:100105> instead of <kuid2:18372:100105>. This is a bit confusing so I wonder about the logic of that.

Roy,
I couldn't follow your route update process so I just made a new version of an existing route which bumps the kuid. I don't see any ripple issues in the scenery although I did gets lots of load errors for some assets. Those I believe are fixable - at least for someone who knows how to do it. :)

When updating your route, do you take a copy to another folder outside the Trainz editing folder and then commit from there? That's a process I use for fixing CRG faulty assets and have done that 100's of times.

<kuid:18372:100105> instead of <kuid2:18372:100105>
>>
There will never be a
kuid2 without a version number, and it is always kuid: for the original version.
i.e.
<kuid:18372:100105> <kuid2:18372:100105:1><kuid2:18372:100105:2> etc

Roy - Check your email to work through your route issues with QA.

Yeah, routes save as 4.8. Didn't see that announced.

I also noticed that asset that are not the original now do not show the "2" after kuid in CM. i.e. <kuid:18372:100105> instead of <kuid2:18372:100105>. This is a bit confusing so I wonder about the logic of that.

Roy,
I couldn't follow your route update process so I just made a new version of an existing route which bumps the kuid. I don't see any ripple issues in the scenery although I did gets lots of load errors for some assets. Those I believe are fixable - at least for someone who knows how to do it. :)

When updating your route, do you take a copy to another folder outside the Trainz editing folder and then commit from there? That's a process I use for fixing CRG faulty assets and have done that 100's of times.

Hi Paul,
I use once in a while CM edit open explorer and edit the text tilte and kuid and than drop thde folder into CM which in the pasrt worked 100%.
On the Calgary route I probably hit a real bad glitch in 100771 wehich corrupted the baseboards badly.
For the record I could rpreo it I think last week and kept a hawkeye on each time idid save route and made a new version frequently in case I oversse baseboards went to ground zero somewhere.
10 this morning i made a new version and did the same change the title and the kuid and dropped the folder into CM and this time no glitch like wth what is my problem....
Typical you have to go to see the doctor and get there and nothing you can show, you go back home and sick again sort off.

Tony,
I get back to you.
Unfortunately today I could NOT repro this glitch but I kept one route version where I srted cleanup a bunch of baseboards in the SW Calgary area noth worked on yet. Here you can see the vast damage done to the baseboards and who knows splines too.

The spline refresh circus is in full swing on my route and I need to exit and restart the route every less than 5 min as the spline circles and no graphics yet is the result and sometimes need a real long time to show iff show. An unworkable situation unfortunately.
Here again a crazy situation yesterday morning after I posted the splines refresh problem: I started working and believe it or not for more than 10 min i had a normal working situation but at some point the constant refresh and ripples thru the route started to make me save and exit.
I have necver seen this in any route or release before 100771 and later so not to blame my computer or me if i me say so.

Hi Tony,

<kuid:18372:100105> instead of <kuid2:18372:100105>
>>
There will never be a
kuid2 without a version number, and it is always kuid: for the original version.
i.e.
<kuid:18372:100105> <kuid2:18372:100105:1><kuid2:18372:100105:2> etc

Please note downloaded items today not in the kuid format you mention above in CM - the "kuid2" does not show, yet when copy paste as below "kuid2" shows correct (TRS+ 111069).

<kuid2:132952:151533:5> PKP U(Ft) Pwg Pr14 229-3 st.W-wa Gl. Tow
<kuid2:132952:151541:5> DB Pwgs14 Pwg Pr14 121 474 st.Engers
<kuid2:132952:100019:3> DB Pwgs14 Pwg Pr14 130 922

Last edited:
Всем привет! Это проблема, которая возникает, когда тепловоз набирает скорость, то есть дым движется относительно точки привязки, дым идет перед выхлопной трубой

Sanek17 says:

Hello everyone! This is a problem that occurs when the locomotive picks up speed, that is, smoke moves relative to the anchor point, smoke goes in front of the exhaust pipe.

KUID missing the "2" in CM is fixed.
Roy - good to hear your backup version is working.

<kuid2:60238:26184:1> - this asset is in Healesville, so install that
<kuid2:60238:26:1> - the is in Fall Harvest Nebraska

Hi Tony,
2 sleepless nights fearing I lost maybe many month of work as the QA team assumed the latest version v96 of the main route has a lot of missing data .gnd,trk,vtx etc.
I did send them though the v 96 but they probably and hopefully only checked the v90 version with the grand canyon baseboards and yes lots of lost data as mentioned.
It is so scary but I give it a try today to add stuff just hope i not get mangled again in another corner and not know it.
Last night driver worked flawless and I did run a consist from deep SE Calgary all the way up to Wildcat and used trackmark. Also on the various industires tracks left and right spread all over the city.
Drive to trackmark worked normal and the route is of course not tuned and finshed far from but step by step. So cross fingers and hope for the best..
I am not out of the woods and will see today what the constant refresh of splines and texures in surveyor will surprise me with.

Hi guys,

Hurrah for Microsoft. NOT.

I've been out of action since Xmas after one of MS updates went belly-up taking out my main machine, and I couldn't recover O/S and still can't.

Health

I got Shingles at Easter 2020 just as we went into Lockdown 4. The shingles is mostly gone and the skin healed without colouration. However, my auto immune system in the meantime started savaging me with nerve pain. No amount of drugs completely takes the edge off the nerve pain and like most medication introduces vicious side effects. Like staggers, trembling fingers, brain fog, pins and needles, numbness in the leg and left arm, loss of appetite and constipation. To a lesser degree this is still happening and my ability to concentrate on recovering TRS19 and TARDIS was nil.

AND THERE GOES THE MEAGRE FINANCES

My car battery decided to die, and a tyre needed replacement to get a WOF and car registration.

Then my mobile failed and I had to buy a new one. Bought Samsung A51. Larger screen suits my big fingers. Nice machine.

Last week I got fedup with having no WIN10 Pro machine so being constrained by budget I bought an Asus PN50 minipc Ryzen 7 4700U 8 threads dual channel with Crucial 32GB RAM and a 1TB Samsung SSD. And now I'm broke but alive. I'm tying the PN50 into a TCL 43in Android TV which has an HDMI port. The miniPC also uses a 1Gbps link to a Synology NAS using Hybrid Raid. Obviously with integrated GPU it wasn't going to compete with my Beast's performance. Performance test says it's brilliant for everything except graphics and results so far have validated that. My new TRS19 setup is on the NAS, where I have an older version of TARDIS and TRS19 assets.tdx (only place I have TRS19 CM custom filters) as well as both core TRS19 and a new Userdata. As we are now dealing with the vagaries of TB 4.8 I decided to rebuild my TARDIS test bed from scratch, something I was hoping to avoid considering my local link to ISP is a 4G Wireless Broadband not fibre. As my main interest is repair the slower graphics performance was a reasonable tradeoff to enable me to become active again. So with my main TRS19, and AssetX/PEVtools/TARDIS out of action I managed to instal a new TRS19 and upversion it to 111069.

BUG! I'm getting a very large number of DLd assets, in all categories, reported as having invalid characters in username. about 50%. Looks like any character in the upper ASCII table. If you try to run DBR you get kicked out after or at end of added assets section with a consequent DUMP file generated by WIN10 Pro. No damage appears to be occurring, other than the number of useable legacy assets is diminishing, including CRG fixes I suspect, but you get into a perpetual cycle of DBRs and DUMP files. If you try to close/commit an OFE you get dumped to desktop. This was not the case in earlier TRS 19 versions.

Can someone confirm this is a bug and report it please. My medication is kicking in w/ side effects and now finger trembling making this reporting a nightmare.

Last edited:
KUID missing the "2" in CM is fixed.
Roy - good to hear your backup version is working.

<kuid2:60238:26184:1> - this asset is in Healesville, so install that
<kuid2:60238:26:1> - the is in Fall Harvest Nebraska

Tony and QA team!

LUCKY i could find a not to old backup that was not damaged so that was the best news so far

Now her is even better news as what I thought QA team and George gave ma a thought to clean my computer (which i had on my list but postponed already few times.) and that might be the cause of the refresh problems with splines etc i mentioned in posts before.

So today i took my computer apart and meticulously cleand the fan blades and heatsink ribs carefully with good paintbrushes and men that was ugly dust nested everywhere and not a little bit.
2 hours later a clean and fresh asus strix graphics board and 3 fans, cleaned memory blocks and all fans and heatsinks all looked shiny and happy.
Result GPU temp dropped when working in trainz from 82C avarage to merely 62C and steady even when running in driver in the Calgary Alith yard.
FPS also gained a lot so good that George sort of pushed me to clean now which I did.

Thanks again QA team you made my day.

Welcome back Ian! It sounds like you've been through the wringer and then some.

Increase your Windows page file to at least 3x your installed memory and that will solve the dump out to the desktop at the end of the Database Repair (DBR).

I haven't seen anything else regarding bad characters except in the news. ;)

Take care.

Back