proud to announce the release of the EBT pack to our website!

My reskins of Neals EBT 17 are now available. This pack includes all of the mikado class locomotives owned by the East Broad Top Railroad. Numbers 12, 14, 15, and 17 all have three versions available. One is made after what they looked like in service, while the other two show it in tourist operation. Numbers 16, and 18 were never used in tourist operation and are done in service edition only accordingly.

list of components include the following:

Custom 3-part whistles

Custom engine-spec (thanks to bill69 for help)

Custom engine sounds taken from EBT mikados in real life

Completely redone textures to closer match that of every engine

Additionally I must extend thanks to whitepass for the permission to reskin and release to the site a set of EBT coal hoppers. One is the lettered version and the other has logo.

Here is our site link:
https://robloxrailfanner.wixsite.com/thehuntingtonshops/reskins

Here is our discord to keep up to date with future projects:
https://discord.gg/XGM73rfChB

next project to be released is the UP 9000 class from Shane (TheCowBoy). I have received his permission for this so do not worry. If you wish to keep tabs on its progress there is another post of mine in general discussion where i will be posting updates of its progress. There will also be question posts so that the community might give input as to some parts of the work such as: multiple smoke containers to find what is more popular, texture comparisons for what is thought to be better. ect. It is my goal with this project to bring Shane back into more general knowledge of the community and not just that of more older players.

with kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

Awesome stuff and thanks for the release. I loved when these were first released, I am glad that they got updated.

I really like the hoppers and the engines especially the smoke the way it changes with the speed particularly the way it puffs at slow speeds. also I like the un-weathered engines best as I can see drive wheels easier.
Note: These engines are going to force me to give up my 30 gauge and go back to 3 foot (for a while at least) LOL

Really the models are excellent
Keep up the good work
Dave

Why do the chuffs sound way too fast? I tested them in 19. Is there a way to slow down the chuffs? The chuffs sound way too fast at 20 mph.

Why do the chuffs sound way too fast? I tested them in 19. Is there a way to slow down the chuffs? The chuffs sound way too fast at 20 mph.
Bob, I assume you're checking them in cab mode. I just re-checked the 16 class locos that these guys put out. The models are all repaints of Ben Neal's EBT No 17 with all using a 16 class espec (even 12,14 & 15 so not accurate in that respect). But the epecs and engine sounds are set up for 2 cylinder locos and the drive wheel bogey is set up for 48" dia and it's the only one with a direct-drive 1 tag. The engine sound asset also looks ok. At 20 mph the driver rpm should be 140 rpm. I checked the wave files and the cuffs are accurate for the rpms stated in the filenames.

As far as I can tell the locos are set up correctly. I have not actually tested to see if they are getting 140 rpm (560 cuffs/min) at 20 mph. If they don't then I say it's a bug in the game code. I'll also note that there have been complaints about drivers rotating too fast on some locos in the current betas for SP5 but I used TRS19 SP1 the only stable version I trust at the moment.

In game I compared running them against my own repaints of Ben's 16 class and didn't notice any significant difference in the driver rpms or cuff rates. It's harder to see the drive wheels turning at speed on the TBG versions than mine due to the dark black color but their sound files were a lot cleaner with respect to individual cuff sounds than the sounds files I referenced in my repaints.

I did notice something wrong in DCC mode but it's definitely a bug in the game code. I coupled my repaint up to the TBG and they do cuff at different rates under DCC mode in the range where the 4 individual cuff waves are used say 0-5 mph. My espec has a maxspeed tag of 21.45 m/s (48mph) and the TBG one has 11.176 (25mph). Apparently the wheels in DCC mode in this speed range turn based on the control dial setting and not at the speed the loco is traveling. So my loco was getting almost 2x the number of cuffs as the TBG loco. Above 5 mph they seemed to be in sync. So definitely something wrong in the game code at lowest speed range in DCC mode.

Bob Pearson

Confirmation and information

I can confirm about it being a trs19 bug. Many engines of mine in dcc mode have the drivers going way to fast, which, in turn causes the engine sounds to go faster then they should. In cab mode they should work just fine. Especs and such were developed using an older system which I have now revised to be much more accurate now.

I have plans to redo the entire pack and try to find drivers to fit under them for the earlier non southern valve engines, especs for all three sizes, and scripting for sounds and smoke ect.

I would really love to get rid of the green shine on the headlights but Neal has declined the editing of the im file to do that for release.

Top speed of the engines was given by a few friends who are familiar with EBT and their engines with that value being the most they probably ran at when on the EBT.

Once the 30ng pack comes out some time at or after Christmas I will eventually get around to redoing the EBT pack as I am very unhappy with how they turned out when looking back on them from my current standards.

With kind regards,
Brougham

Back