2/2/21-New Payware, Freeware and Clubcar Items- IC SD40, SOU SD45, SOU SD40, WM SD35!

jointedrail

Official N3V DLC Partners
Too much for the title this release! List below of what we have for you!

Payware
-IC SD40
-WM SD35
-SOU SD45 Phase 2b2 Locotrol Master
-SOU SD40

Freeware
-Pullman Standard 60' Autoparts Boxcar with a bunch of skins! (MILW/ATSF/DTI/NW/GTW/NS/BNSF/CSXT)

Clubcar
-WAB/NP 60' GSC Flatcar Pack ( for both TANE AND TS19, install the correct CDPs in the ZIP file)
-ATSF/PRR 60' GSC Flatcar Pack ( for both TANE AND TS19, install the correct CDPs in the ZIP file)
-GBRX Ex-GN 59ft Woodchip car
-Erie Lackawanna LO Covered Hopper Pack

NS_37_5fda7acf2ebf5-scaled.jpg
NS_37_5f8743b05e7e2-scaled.jpg
NS_37_5f8ce41bc46cb-scaled.jpg
NS_37_5fbc40bdce880-scaled.jpg
therock_5fc1d2c065770.jpg
2021-01-29_194212.jpg
PRR_FHD-600x338.png
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image-1-600x238.jpg

I think we should have simple, easy to reskin foobie models of all kinds of freight cars meant to represent anything

like for example, a flat-sided 50ft boxcar with or without roofwalks that can represent any kind of 50ft boxcar

Nice. Just the thing to help forget the 2 feet of snow that got dumped on us. Gonna get them all.

I was really hoping the flats were free ware . Or could be bought outright themselfs . But like the new content :D

Matt

Got me a Club Car Pass today

Hello JR,

Decided it was time to purchase a Club Car Pass from you fine folks,,,,,,,:D

Thank for great looking Assets that make playing with Trainz even more fun..........:wave:

Those locomotives look outstanding.

I noticed the very unusual font used for the number on the WM, #7434. Is there a reason why that was used? An early example of a machine readable font perhaps?

Phil

I noticed the very unusual font used for the number on the WM, #7434. Is there a reason why that was used? An early example of a machine readable font perhaps?

Phil

I believe the numbers used for the Western Maryland's locomotives was something unique to their diesel locomotives. No other railroad as far as I am aware used that kind of serif font style for the numbers at least.

Last edited:
I think we should have simple, easy to reskin foobie models of all kinds of freight cars meant to represent anything

like for example, a flat-sided 50ft boxcar with or without roofwalks that can represent any kind of 50ft boxcar

I think you should simply talk less, yet here we are...

Phil

The font is Rockwell on the side of the locomotive. I had both regular, this one, and the bold version on our Varityper Epics 20/20 typesetting system. It's a slab serif font related to Egyptienne.

Slab serif - Wikipedia

The numbers are a slab serif as well, but I don't know what those are. You're close thinking computer or machine because Courier New is also a slab serif.

Great stuff guys. I wish I could afford it, but I have a new roof being installed next week with some hefty payments following behind it.

The font is Rockwell on the side of the locomotive. I had both regular, this one, and the bold version on our Varityper Epics 20/20 typesetting system. It's a slab serif font related to Egyptienne.

Slab serif - Wikipedia

The numbers are a slab serif as well, but I don't know what those are. You're close thinking computer or machine because Courier New is also a slab serif.

They are similar yes, but I am unsure of the value of saying that any railroad lettering is a specific font. hardly ever do they match 1:1. In my view, if you can't get the font and just type it out and get the result on the side, then it isn't really that font at all.

Most if not all of the lettering and numbering found on JR locomotives does not come from a font, but is hand drawn in photoshop or illustrator following prototype specifications when available.

I like the two new Sou units. They will look great in Coal Country! Any chance your talented crew is working on a Southern RR radio car? Seems like a natural to accompany that lead unit Master. Randy

They are similar yes, but I am unsure of the value of saying that any railroad lettering is a specific font. hardly ever do they match 1:1. In my view, if you can't get the font and just type it out and get the result on the side, then it isn't really that font at all.

Most if not all of the lettering and numbering found on JR locomotives does not come from a font, but is hand drawn in photoshop or illustrator following prototype specifications when available.

The companies had their art departments come up with their own custom designs and the artists most likely based their fonts on actual ones, however, in some cases they did use the actual ones.

Your method works quite well, it's quick, and is inexpensive, but if you are interested in a subscription to some software, look at Graphic Tracer. This program will trace the outline of the font and search its online database to come up with the actual font. The program also creates vector outlines from images, which you may find helpful as well. My brother uses that for his customers when he needs to recreate artwork.

Graphic Powers

Hi; I downloaded the Autopart wagons pack, loaded into TRS2012 and modified the trainz-build tag to 3.7, I have these errors for all wagons and skins:
Error: Unable to load indexed mesh 'kuid2 37581 40020 1\mesh_body\body.lm'
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'mesh_body/map1_bump.png' for texture file 'mesh_body/map1_bump.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'mesh_body/map1_spec.png' for texture file 'mesh_body/map1_bump.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/map1_bump.texture.txt'.
Error: The tag 'mesh' in 'default' must have a mesh file extension.
Error: The tag 'mesh' in 'aci' must have a mesh file extension.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'map1_a.png' for texture file 'map1_a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'map1_env.png' for texture file 'map1_a.texture.txt'.
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'map1_a.texture.txt'
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'map1_a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'map1_b.png' for texture file 'map1_b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'map1_env.png' for texture file 'map1_b.texture.txt'.
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'map1_b.texture.txt'
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'map1_b.texture.txt'.

Am I missing something to make them work properly? And how could I solve them?

Last edited:
Hi; I downloaded the Autopart wagons pack, loaded into TRS2012 and modified the trainz-build tag to 3.7, I have these errors for all wagons and skins:
Error: Unable to load indexed mesh 'kuid2 37581 40020 1\mesh_body\body.lm'
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'mesh_body/map1_bump.png' for texture file 'mesh_body/map1_bump.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'mesh_body/map1_spec.png' for texture file 'mesh_body/map1_bump.texture.txt'.
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'mesh_body/map1_bump.texture.txt'.
Error: The tag 'mesh' in 'default' must have a mesh file extension.
Error: The tag 'mesh' in 'aci' must have a mesh file extension.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'map1_a.png' for texture file 'map1_a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'map1_env.png' for texture file 'map1_a.texture.txt'.
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'map1_a.texture.txt'
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'map1_a.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'map1_b.png' for texture file 'map1_b.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'map1_env.png' for texture file 'map1_b.texture.txt'.
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'map1_b.texture.txt'
Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'map1_b.texture.txt'.

Am I missing something to make them work properly? And how could I solve them?

We no longer support TS12 at this point, these were created with TANE and TS19 in mind for operation.

I wonder why the 60ft HC boxcars only have General Goods as product queues. Probably so you can press the + and add your own products?

Back