Arnhem tracks in SP2

G.M.

This a service area of Station Arnhem (known from the Bridge too far movie)
Here in google maps

below 5 mainlines, above that service platforms for passenger trains and a wash-unit,
then a few tracks to store trains

I made this section in SP1, using procedural track only, and it was quite like the google pic
in SP2 it looks like this....

Many spline points moved/rotated and seems some parts of procedural track are squeezed others stretched
My route building skills are limited (i know) but what am i doing wrong?
for some reason only things I edited/made in SP1 are now wrong in SP2, older stuff seems ok
greetings GM

Good Afternoon G.m.
Our team are currently looking into several issues that have come up with the track system in TRS19 SP2, which came to light after release (unfortunately we had no reports of these issues before release, and as such were not aware of these issues until recently).

In this case, please submit a bug report to our bug report form at https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu so that our QA team can investigate this particular issue further, as it may be related to the issues that have been noted above, but it would be helpful for our team to double check this as well.

Regards

Good Afternoon G.m.
Our team are currently looking into several issues that have come up with the track system in TRS19 SP2, which came to light after release (unfortunately we had no reports of these issues before release, and as such were not aware of these issues until recently).

In this case, please submit a bug report to our bug report form at https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu so that our QA team can investigate this particular issue further, as it may be related to the issues that have been noted above, but it would be helpful for our team to double check this as well.

Regards

To me that suggests that the majority of testers are not route builders.

This could be an error that should have been caught even before beta testing and by the development team and Q&A
whatever changes are made, always test it in actual routes on different systems.
The only way to test is by actually building and playing it, like users do

Reading through beta reports, many people just complain about their own local content and how it no longer works
that feedback doesn't really help (imho)
if people should beta test, there should be clear guidelines what and how to test.
People should be informed what the actual changes are and why, before beta testing.
Testing with deliberate "faulty" content on actual Big routes/sessions, not on some dressed down version
Never assume anything. Any little change in the core code/or scripts has huge consequences.

Well... enough for now, have a few thousand spline points to "repair", 3000 km caternary to check and click
and that with the knowledge all can be in vain, when the next version shows up.
consider this post to be a bug report
greetings GM

Several hours later.....Station Amersfoort, suddenly red circles at junctions
is this a new SP2 feature?, and if so is it useful?

Last edited:
This could be an error that should have been caught even before beta testing and by the development team and Q&A
whatever changes are made, always test it in actual routes on different systems.
The only way to test is by actually building and playing it, like users do

You seem to assume we don't do this. We do a substantial amount of testing, but just because one person sees an issue doesn't mean others will.

So far I've not seen any cases of the issue you are showing in any of the routes I've edited/build in TRS19, not have I seen any other reports of this particular issue.

The beta test for TRS19 SP2 was a public beta, anyone could join in and test it. But if no one saw this issue, or no one reported it to us, then we wouldn't have known about it.

consider this post to be a bug report

As was pointed out in another post, please submit any bug reports via our bug report form, which you can find here: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

This ensures that our QA team receives the information they require. It also ensures that they can contact you directly if they need to.

We cannot guarantee that every report on the forums will be followed up. We do sometimes miss posts.

I can also very frankly say that there's not enough information here for me to reproduce this issue to provide a bug report to our team. Simply telling them "someone saw broken track" isn't enough, we need to know how to break the track like in your screenshot so we can reproduce the issue and find the cause; if we cannot reproduce the issue we cannot generally fix it, as we can't know what is causing the issue...

Regards

ok Zec, I stand corrected at, how you test (ofc. there is no way you can test mine atm. hahaha)

TRS19 Build 100240 re-installed (the version I actually bought)

Tried to put my route/session back to that version = total failure
-layers are gone
-all spline points still moved
-junction still red
-parallel caternary splines astray

Installed route/session backup from 16/10/2020 and all was good again,
lost a few months, but not a few years.

From now on i will edit my main route only in build 100240, why?
-Many (Dutch) users refuse to install SP2 or prefer older
-By making/editing the routes/session in that older version, I can offer it to all TRS19 users (any version)
-Undo is where i want it
-its stable
-Main menu is more neutral
-Carz behave like they should

hope you fix SP2 soon for all versions (i keep it installed beside the original)
greetings GM

The red splines you see one this pic above appear on other routes "all over sudden" as well. I.E. on jrfolcos Baltimore Megaroute between York and the Portal. At SP1 - it was alright. and NO ! Im neither Betatester nor write long reports or open tickets as i am still busy with reinstalling and new organising all of may routes and content, wich is not working anymore since the big invention of the glorius SP2.

With SP1, everything for my personal requirements was fine and i decided, to buy the TrainzPlus Version. Now, i am struggeling with a lot of problems, most of them mentioned here in this forum in varoius threads.

Since changing from SP1 zo SP2, i have spent numerous hours to get things working, as they used to do in SP1 - most notorious i.e. tracks runing away when moving the fly-camera - problems with splines at route merging just to name two out of a ballon ... and more than one time i felt, i am coming to my last ropes with trainz and start something different.

Unfortunately - i had deleted SP1, that would have been my very private solution and i consider, going back to TANE SP4 at least.

And NO - its not my obligation to toprove, whats all going wrong with SP2 but it is my right as a regular customer (since years and ages) to demand a stable program.

I hope, there will be a proper working SP3 in the not to far future, so that we can have all the fun and joy with trainz, as we used to have in the past. PRE SP2.

I am not impressed at all with this latest development and hope for the better.

gut post hildener,
check if you still have the original off-line installer (even before Sp1)
for me (very personal) the best version.
I do my best to point N3v at everything that is wrong now, but feel i don't get much help
its ok ;-)
tchuss GM

Back