Trouble Downloading

Steaming101

Local Transition Era nut
Hi; I've recently had to wipe my PC and I'm trying to install 2019 onto Windows, but to no avail.
The online installer gets to a certain point (around 2/5ths), but after that, it just stops downloading. The speed of the download slowly trails off into oblivion, but nothing is actually downloading after that certain point.
I was checking online to see if there was an offline installer, but that's for Mac only.
Is there an offline installer for Windows or is there a way to get the online installer running again? I've checked my antivirus and firewall settings; both are set to allow.

Edit: Internet got knocked out for a bit, which failed the installer. It just came back on though, and I hit "Retry", hoping that it would pick up from where it left off like it said it would in the wiki. Well, apparently that's not the case. It started back from the beginning.

Last edited:
Hi; I've recently had to wipe my PC and I'm trying to install 2019 onto Windows, but to no avail.
The online installer gets to a certain point (around 2/5ths), but after that, it just stops downloading. The speed of the download slowly trails off into oblivion, but nothing is actually downloading after that certain point.
I was checking online to see if there was an offline installer, but that's for Mac only.
Is there an offline installer for Windows or is there a way to get the online installer running again? I've checked my antivirus and firewall settings; both are set to allow.

Edit: Internet got knocked out for a bit, which failed the installer. It just came back on though, and I hit "Retry", hoping that it would pick up from where it left off like it said it would in the wiki. Well, apparently that's not the case. It started back from the beginning.
If I recall correctly, it might look as if it has gone to sleep (or died) but it is working away there. I think it went "quiet" for around 20 mins or so before it showed any signs of life for me! I would suggest that you clean out all the TRS2019 data so your PC can get a fresh start, and then try again. Once it has clearly started to do something, walk away and forget it for a while! Good luck. Regards. Colin (Driver_Col)

The program was quiet for a few hours until the Internet kicked off. Started the download around 12pm and it just froze around 2/5ths at 5, at which point it decided not to recover.
I've got everything cleared out now and it's just crawling. It's currently within 41, 42kib/s and it's barely even begun.

The program was quiet for a few hours until the Internet kicked off. Started the download around 12pm and it just froze around 2/5ths at 5, at which point it decided not to recover.
I've got everything cleared out now and it's just crawling. It's currently within 41, 42kib/s and it's barely even begun.
Hopefully it will eventually process all the data, but the time will obviously depend on your PC specs and Internet speed. I just recently had a comment from a user of my Billinton Route, that it took a few hours to instal. It takes me about 15 mins, and I do not have a "high-end" machine! Be patient and let's just hope that it works for you. Failing that, you may have to go through the Help Desk to get some technical guidance. Regards. Colin.

Well, apparently that's not the case. It started back from the beginning.
Actually the UI is misleading. The progress bar appears to be reset but the file is in your cache and does pick up where it left off.

The issue is most likely a routing issue - some downloads take minutes for the 10GB, and at other times hours. Sadly this is all beyond our control.

I suggest retrying and/or trying at a different time of day.

Last edited:
The drive's pretty full, but it still has plenty of space.
Thanks for the help; I managed to get it downloaded & installed overnight.

Back