Setting up a repeating session

I'm using the wrong words, but I can't think of the correct verbiage. (It's been a long monday) So I want an airplane to take off, fly across the layout and then return and land then repeat. same with a helicopter. these are just "things" for bringing the route to life. I would also like to set up passenger train that just runs between stations. loads, unloads, and goes to the next and so on repeating itself. again just for something the train i am driving to go past or have to stop for. I can't seem to get anything to keep repeating. it does something once and then stops.

any help?

After you have made the orders for the AI. Click like you are giving them another command and there should be "repeat schedule" at the very top. This makes it once the AI executes the order in its list its not "consumed" but goes to the back of the orders making a loop.

Or, you could set up a portal at both ends of your layout, where one portal creates a consist, or an aircraft, to travel to the other portal and then it disappears. Set up the driver instructions and it'll happen as many times as you like.

Hi EB,

I do this same scenario. I have a 737 and a helicopter with driver commands. They are setup in the "Edit Session" from the top menu bar. I then edit the "Driver Setup" rule for the plane to follow 6 trackmarks (the chopper to follow 4 trackmarks) and then to wait for 10 minutes. As Hert said, at the end of these commands I put the "Repeat Schedule" command. It works flawlessly.

When I create a new session, I just copy the driver commands from the previous session and paste them into the "Edit Session" window of the new session. This way I always have my aircraft running.

Also, I place the Plane and the chopper on the route layer so that they are both always there and ready to be given commands.

Hope that helps,

Scull

TRS19 / Platinum
Build: 109646
2019 MacBook Pro 16"
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel i9
AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Last edited:
Back