Beating a Dead Horse - Road Traffic

stouthm

Get over it
As the title implies I'm still having issues with road traffic that has me really perplexed. I'm using "1980s Plus USA" and it's been fixed so that it is working well in Surveyor. I attached "Car Spawner BNSF50" to some of my roads because I wanted more traffic. In Surveyor the Spawner works correctly and generates a lot of traffic. When I switch over to Driver there are very few cars being generated. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Yes, I've done a DBR and a Extended DBR with no change. There is one faulty dependency in the "1980s Plus USA" which is one of arraial's but I disabled it and it doesn't seem to mess anything up in Surveyor.

Out of curiosity have you tried any other region type to see if there's a difference. I've made my own (about 3) and don't have any issues, but it would for you, give a clue as to whether it's all regions or just the one you are trying to use.

Alikiwi - thanks for replying. I thought that I had already tried that but because when you're 76 you tend to forget things. I retested 4 different regions: Right-Hand Drive, United States, 1950s Glory Years USA and Default Region. The Default Region has no traffic dependencies, learned something new. The other 3 Regions all generated traffic in Surveyor but nothing in Driver. I tested the same regions in a different route of mine and got the same results. Still perplexed.

Hm, that is truly odd. Assuming you're going to driver directly from Surveyor and not via a session, can you check Environment settings after selecting to drive? If so, is traffic still enabled? I'm ten years behind you can if I could remember what I forgot I'd tell you..... :)

Alikiwi - Yes, traffic is still enabled. I'm assuming that if it were not traffic would not appear in Surveyor. As stated before I'm getting a lot of traffic generated in Surveyor but very little in Driver. That to me is another oddity. Every so often I see a vehicle in Driver, not very often but at least something is working. I tried going from Edit Route to Quick Drive with the same results. I will remain perplexed but I'm moving on and driving my consists and updating my routes. Thanks for your time and effort.

Last edited:
Every so often I see a vehicle in Driver, not very often but at least something is working.

I have noticed the same - lots of vehicles in driver, few in driver. So the problem is not something you did wrong. For reasons unknown to me, the code for vehicle generation must be different between surveyor and driver. Also in surveyor, note the car generation when you smooth a road spline.

Ok, my last post concerning this problem. I went into the config files of the roads that I'm using and changed the carrate to 1 and now I'm getting more cars, not as many as I want , but more. It's better than it was. Hope member schweitzerdude reads this. Just had a thought. If I changed the carrate from 1 to 0 would that produce more cars? Couldn't find anything on Wiki. Thanks.

Last edited:
Carrate = 0 means zero cars. 1 = cars and anything bigger gives a duration in cars per second. I don't do math stuff so I'll let you figure that out! ;)

Ok, my last post concerning this problem. I went into the config files of the roads that I'm using and changed the carrate to 1 and now I'm getting more cars, not as many as I want , but more. It's better than it was. Hope member schweitzerdude reads this. Just had a thought. If I changed the carrate from 1 to 0 would that produce more cars? Couldn't find anything on Wiki. Thanks.

I did read this - I will give this a try ASAP. Thanks.

Back