Can you recommend a factory that takes 2 or more products and makes another product?

Hi all. Needing some help and advice. I am needing to find a factory that takes in 2 or more products (4 would be ideal) and makes another visible product. I.E, a car factory that needs tires, steel, engines and glass to produce a car (visible in a yard)
I am mostly needing it for the scripting a factory I am building. Thank you in advance

Hi,
Probably teaching granny ...

You can use a MIN (multiple industry new) track and configure the queues to accept various components, then produce finished goods. You need to configure the wagons/flatness correctly.
I think your problem is going to be that it all takes place on one track (iirc), you may have to compromise a bit - for example, if you're producing tractors, have a parking lot of "ready to ship" u it's by the covered loading bay?

Colin

Christopher824's CDE Multiple_Industry_New
<KUID:647907:100648> works great. It allows setting up more than 3 in the consume or produce screen so you can have your 4 consume and 1 produce.

I noticed that some industries (lumber, lumber to gen goods, etc.) have visual stockpiles that wax and wane....how is that done?

<KUID:647907:100648> works great. It allows setting up more than 3 in the consume or produce screen so you can have your 4 consume and 1 produce.

I noticed that some industries (lumber, lumber to gen goods, etc.) have visual stockpiles that wax and wane....how is that done?

A sawmill is a good example of goods in relating to goods out, no idea of how it is achieved, would be nice to know.

For the visual stockpiles, you could start with cloning a MIN, then add attachment points, write a script... I've been toying with the idea to have a MIN without a building, that has visual stockpiles. Also making a fix for the limit on the 6 queues to only be able to handle one commodity, as it is confusing that you can have two commodities in one queue, but only one can have a quantity.

Hi all. Needing some help and advice. I am needing to find a factory that takes in 2 or more products (4 would be ideal) and makes another visible product. I.E, a car factory that needs tires, steel, engines and glass to produce a car (visible in a yard)
I am mostly needing it for the scripting a factory I am building. Thank you in advance

Check out my route available in your Content Manager or online at the DLC that almost is your example. If you open it up in Surveyor you can see how some of it is done.

CDE Trainz Route
CDE Auto Plant Chrysler
kuid:647907:101367
Minimum Trainz Version: TANE SP2 / SP3
Date Released: February 26 2019
File Size: 8.09 MB
Route Has One Session Available;
* CDE Auto Plant Chrysler Tour

This doesn't answer your question but I thought I would share a item you might want to use. It is "Product Attachment" Kuid2:526726:100026:2 This is a pallet that you can attach any visible product. I also wish there was more industries that had the products add and subtract as you load and unload.

An auto plant would have separate site for the products going in and out. On one side of the factory you may have tracks to unload auto parts, auto engines, paint and oil or gas. On the other side you could an area where auto carriers would load up the vehicles. Couple of examples can be found in UMR2019 or msapper route , sorry don't have the name handy, W&K. It should be easy to find and there should be a thread for it here.

Rob

Back