Wait for Driver/ Train / Wait for Driver on/off Train plus Reset List rules

Greetings,

I been spending some time with those two sessions rules the last couple of days but I fail to really understand them.

The aim is that when a certain train is claimed by the player a few checks should run - similar to a Variable Check rule. One of the conditions is basically just saying: Return to your other loco and come back once you completed task xyz. So basically player switches loco again and returns after a while. BNow the same set of conditions should be checked - possibly with different result or even the same result.

Now as muchas I have read on http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/...roperties#Wait_for_Driver_On.2FOff_Train_Rule and http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/...t_for_Driver.2FTrain_to_be_Locally_Owned_Rule

Those rules are "paused" once the player leaves the loco. Given, the "Wait for Driver on/off Train" doesn't explicitly say it but seems to behave the same way:

Once the played moved to the train the first time, the rule fires and the checks work fine. Now the player leaves the loco and returns: but now it seems like the rule gets either ignored or picked up at the last stage it had from first time visit but as there are no more direct rules it - does nothing. However, none of the checks get run through again. Did the rule complete in first place? If not, how to complete it so it can be checked again?

Additionally, I also used the scenario that involves the Reset List rule. I still try to think of an practical example where that rule makes sense to use but nevertheless: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-trigger-Driver-Command&p=1845651#post1845651 shows one way to use it. However - using commands like "Variable Modify - Add 10 to variable score" within that endless loop has a funny effect on Trainz.

If anyone has a real in-depth explanation how those rules are used correctly (possibly with example) - That would be great.

Thank you
Lockheed

I don't use the Driver On/Off rules so I cannot help you there.

A possible scenario for using the Reset List Rule could be as follows:-

You want a session to continuously check if the product queues in several different industries have fallen below a set level or risen above a set level (or a combination of both for different industries) and to produce a message popup when that occurs, Or, if you are feeling adventurous, to send a train to the industry to add more raw materials or take away finished products.

Rules:

1. You could setup under the Reset List Rule a series of 2nd level child rules using the Multiple Resource Check Rule - one copy of this rule for each industry. While this rule is capable of monitoring multiple industries simultaneously and would be triggered when any one of them meets the product level criteria, you would have no way of knowing which industry triggered the rule. So I would recommend using multiple copies of this rule, one for each industry.
  2. As 3rd level child rules of each of the above Multiple Resource Check Rules you would have the appropriate message popups and/or schedules rules for starting trains on set driver command lists.
  3. Each time the Reset List Rule repeats, it will use the Multiple Resource Check Rules to check each of the queues in each industry and, when necessary, give the required response.

Caveat: I have not tested the above scenario. Assuming that the Multiple Resource Check Rules do not wait until the specified target has been reached but simply check the product queues and either trigger their child rules (for a YES result) or not (for a NO result) and then allow the Session logic to move on to the rule in the sequence, the above should work.

My theory.

Back