Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it?

Default What is it?

SGLM route
    <kuid:-25:1235> Prod Passengers 2012, <kuid2:122285:3330:20> AJS Station 1x50s

It's built in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pofig View Post
    <kuid:-25:1235> Prod Passengers 2012, <kuid2:122285:3330:20> AJS Station 1x50s
    Prod Passengers 2012 is a commodity, passengers, for loading and unloading at stations.

AJS Station 1x50s is an industry active station that can be fitted to existing platforms for load/unloading passengers.

I often use both. You usually use AI commands Drive to <name of station> (which will be the AJS Station 1x50s asset) and then issue an AI Load command to load/unload the passengers.
    TRS19 Platinum Edition SP2 build 110491

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Question

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    Prod Passengers 2012 is a commodity, passengers, for loading and unloading at stations.

AJS Station 1x50s is an industry active station that can be fitted to existing platforms for load/unloading passengers.

I often use both. You usually use AI commands Drive to <name of station> (which will be the AJS Station 1x50s asset) and then issue an AI Load command to load/unload the passengers.
    ===================================
    I looked in the Wiki and did not find reference to either name? "fitted to" is this a mod to the config of a station?
    Is there a reference someplace as to the overall usage and benefits of the commodity and industry. The AJS station library (apparent component) is shown as missing in my database.
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.2ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 3gb video card. 110491

Blog Entries

It's an invisible station. You add it in Surveyor to a station platform to make it passenger interactive.
    "My wife says that if I buy one more train, she is going to leave me. I'm going to miss her."

US Army 1978-84

You are looking in the wrong direction. Only I see the Star of David?
    Last edited by Pofig; January 24th, 2021 at 01:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    "fitted to" is this a mod to the config of a station?
    By "fitted to" I mean that you place a normal station scenery object, such as a platform spline or a building, which is not industry active (i.e. has no passengers) and then you place or "fit" the invisible AJS Station 1x50s so that it is in position alongside the station asset where you want the train to stop. The track then joins to both ends of the invisible station to compete the appearance of a working passenger enable station platform. Passenger enable railcars, with the Prod Passengers 2012 commodity added to their config.txt file or commodity list, can then load and unload passengers at the station. The passengers will also appear and disappear from the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Pofig View Post
    You are looking in the wrong direction. Only I see the Star of David?
    That makes absolutely no sense to me - perhaps the "punch line" to a Russian joke?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post

That makes absolutely no sense to me - perhaps the "punch line" to a Russian joke?
    3 capitalists walk into a bar........
    "My wife says that if I buy one more train, she is going to leave me. I'm going to miss her."

US Army 1978-84

Mr. "Pofig" refers to:
    The man in the center of the image has the Star of David on his torso.

Perhaps he is the only one who can see the "photo" he posted? It appears to be a link, but when I try it, I don't get a photo.... There appear to be about 52 males in that asset.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

United States of America, New York, Allegany
    Blog Entries

Shoot.....all this time I thought it was like a cattle prod used for passengers..........like they have at O'hare airport in Chicago.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boc61 View Post
    3 capitalists walk into a bar........
    3 capitalist walk into a bar in Moscow to get out of the pouring rain. It was in December, a few days before Christmas. The bar was crowded with people singing and having a good time. Sitting at a table next to where these capitalists were standing was an older Russian gentleman named Rudolf and a an American woman. One of the capitalists says loudly........."I think this rain is going to turn to snow any minute ! "

Suddenly.......the whole place gets really quite. The patrons turn and look at the 3 capitalists. The woman relies to the one capitalist..........and says " Rudolph says it is will keep raining and NOT turn to snow. " The capitalists asks her " Well how does he know that ?"
    She says..." because..............
    Last edited by JimDep; January 26th, 2021 at 03:10 AM.
    TRS 2012 build 61388

OOOOHHHHH.....HAHAHAHAHHA...I still don't get it.
    Mark

My train of thought derailed-
    There were no survivors.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sandpaper600 View Post
    OOOOHHHHH.....HAHAHAHAHHA...I still don't get it.
    I never thought anyone would ask.......Here you go. " Because Rudolf the Red knows rain, dear. "
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Photo hosting has removed the screenshot. Reason: Star of David on the passenger's chest. I'm not surprised that you took my message as a joke. Only two countries consider the Nazis to be heroes. These are the USA and Ukraine. Was the Holocaust a joke? Is your head all right?

I don't know how long it will be available. https://youtu.be/Lj6kVRM7vMA
    Last edited by Pofig; January 27th, 2021 at 02:14 AM.

Blog Entries

While I cannot speak for the Ukraine, that comment was a bit unfair on the USA. Every country has its far right extremists, its neo-Nazis, even Russia. As we have seen just a few weeks ago in Washington, the USA certainly has them amongst other extremist right-wing groups. But they are a minority - a noisy, often violent and a particularly "bone-headed" minority. You could argue that the previous occupant of the White House did little or nothing to discourage their activities and, as a result, they have been encouraged to come out of the shadows into the open.

We have them here in Australia as well. Occasionally a local politician expresses some extreme views that gives them encouragement and so they come out of their holes, demonstrate, make noises and, when they realise that very few people are taking any notice, they crawl back again.

If the conditions are right - high unemployment, lack of opportunity, perceived discrimination, inequality (in wealth, health, education, etc), a sense that needs are being ignored by the political "classes" - then these groups will easily find new recruits and start to grow. It could be argued that those conditions have existed in the USA and other countries for many years now. And it is not just western or "capitalist" nations that have this problem.

My "off topic" opinions.