Formatting texture.txt files

boc61

I am trying to repair <kuid2:407646:2002:2> HP xing boom US 1t. It is built into TANE, but when brought into 2019 it gets flagged for missing texture.txt files:
VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'boomgate norm.texture'.
VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'boomgate.texture'.

I created a texture.txt file for each formatted this way
Primary=boomgate norm.texture & boomgate.texture
Tile=ST

I saved the files and committed but the missing texture.txt file flags still show. Does there need to be more added to the txt files?

hiya boc
a "name.texture.txt" refers to a real picture a .bmp,.tga, .jpg, .png etc normally
But since this item was built-in in TANE they probably locked the pic+the txt into 1 file

a "cough" dirty trick could be, download the older version <kuid2:407646:2002:1>
and see if the normal textures and .texture.txt files are in there.
put those in the version:2 and see if its ok.

other option is try Asset X to fix it

This is for an average user super annoying, you payed for the item when you bought TANE
now in TRS19 you spent hours fixing it again.

EDIT: i just downloaded it from DLS and its fine there :)
Primary=boomgate.tga
Tile=st

hope you get it working
greetings GM

Last edited:
johnarran has the right idea. The .texture files need to be split up into .tga and .texture.txt files before submitting the asset to the trainz content database. Images2TGA does the splitting.

hiya boc
a "name.texture.txt" refers to a real picture a .bmp,.tga, .jpg, .png etc normally
But since this item was built-in in TANE they probably locked the pic+the txt into 1 file

a "cough" dirty trick could be, download the older version <kuid2:407646:2002:1>
and see if the normal textures and .texture.txt files are in there.
put those in the version:2 and see if its ok.

I'll take quick and dirty every time. Issue resolved. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Back