No Road Traffic in Driver

stouthm

Get over it
In a previous post I had problems getting the traffic to even show up but with a lot of help from member GM I managed to fix things and got the traffic moving in Surveyor. I installed the asset 'Car Spawner BNSF' and it produced a lot of traffic in Surveyor BUT when I go into driver I get nothing. I've tried different origins in both Surveyor and Driver and get the same results. Any suggestions or thoughts? Yes, I did a database repair.

Not trying to be a smarta__ but wouldn't the traffic not appear in Surveyor if it wasn't enabled? Yes, it's enabled and I have plenty of traffic being generated in Surveyor. My question is, why not in Driver?

stout you ever drive a train in TRS? (just kidding)

What is a carspawner?, it is basicly a kind track(spline), set up to be a road and have cars
it is visible in surveyor but invisible in Driver.
The original idea came from andi06 (yup there he is again RIP) to make traffic possible on 4 lane roads 2>> 2<<

What is available to anyone?
<kuid2:39134:101138:3> Road Car Spawner BNSF50 this is built-in, has carrate on 4, so it has carz.
<kuid2:39134:102324:1> Road Car Spawner NC BNSF50 on DLS, has carrate on 0, NC means No Carz.
if there are other versions out there (and there will be) i cannot predict what they do.

Both kuids above have a thumbnail and text explaining where and how to use them
(you need to wear reading glasses or a loup ;-)

Personally i never use these, cause my own roadset (from 2004) works fine without it, in any version of trainz.

So check if you really need them, cause you can just use roads that have cars
greetings GM

Very funny GM. Yes, I have been driving my trains on my Port Tillamook Route and that's when I noticed that there was no traffic. I used the car spawner because I wanted more traffic to appear and it does when I'm in Surveyor but nothing in Driver. I've been using the car spawner for years so it's not new to me.
Malc - it's enabled in both. I'm going to try GM's suggestion and delete the car spawners on the route and see what happens. I'll be back

May be a case of delete from the route and then add them back again? Sometimes works for things with problems.

Malc - been there, done that. Tried GM's suggestion, same results. Here's something different: after making changes in Surveyor I SAVE the Session then Exit Surveyor. I then get a screen asking me if I want to SAVE or DON"T SAVE the changes. I have already saved the changes, why ask me again? If I choose SAVE I get the opening screen (with the Rocky Mountaineer Loco), and the little blue circle and the four square blocks just keep on cycling. I have to go into Task Manager to End Task. Weird.

Because when you are in Surveyor and save your work, when you exit it ALWAYS asks if you want to save (again). Click no or it will want to save as a session, and probably as "default" and you don't want another one of those. Silly I know.

It’s the most confusing, error-prone save/exit procedure I’ve ever come across. Nearly 20 years in Trainz and I still don’t “get” it, always ending up with lots of sessions, all called default and no idea which one is which.

Every session i want to keep i give a name (other than default)
this way i can safely delete all default sessions
the 2nd save is unneeded i skip it
but always let the first save fully happen

greetings GM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is redundant. Forget the damn traffic, I'm gonna drive my trains.

Every session i want to keep i give a name (other than default)
this way i can safely delete all default sessions
the 2nd save is unneeded i skip it
but always let the first save fully happen

greetings GM

I do the same here as well. Also if I'm not sure if I did save or not, and don't want to lose what I was working on, I will wiggle a tree first before exiting. With all the confusion in my house, I find it easier to do that last step rather than lose what I've done.

Back