Is there an easier way for a reinstall?

jeff1959

Another person on my computer downloaded something that had a virus or malware in it. As a result, I needed to reinstall the game. I had a back up of the C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\build pvfvbhu61 folder earlier in the day. So, after getting my hard drive back to working order, I reinstalled the game onto a separate drive.

It worked just like it was supposed to. So, I moved the contents of the ...\trs19\build pvfvbhu61\local folder into the new build's local folder. However, it tells me that there are about a gazillion missing dependencies. So, I am opening each asset, downloading the missing pieces. I figure that by the end of April, I should be done reloading the missing pieces. (Well, maybe I exaugurated a little:cool: )

Please tell me there is an easier way to get the DLS items without of downloading them one at a time? Please...:confused:

hi jeff,
after the move, did you do rebuild database?
and did you renamed the path of your local folder correct? Launcher [Trainz Settings] the / install \ tab
maybe start there
greetings GM

Did you do an database repair? That might help. If a standard repair doesn't help, you can do an Extended Database Repair. If the items were there to begin with, they should show up.

No need to copy or move anything.
Point the new build to your original local folder \trs19\build pvfvbhu61.
The restart Trainz and point your build to
\trs19\build pvfvbhu61 (in the Install tab, browse to that location).
Then close all Trainz windows and restart, then rebuild the db (which should happen automatically).

Dont move the contents, just delete the new build folder and copy the old build folder to that location. Redirect the install path to the working build folder and do a DBR.

Back