DESTSIGNTABLE ??

boleyd

Is there any use for the DESTSIGNTABLE rule? It lists all the stations and industries but nothing else?

Wiki has no info.

You can use it to set destination signs on a suitably equipped vehicle. Various of the late Andi06's vehicles are set up for it, as are some of mine (My Metropolitan stuff is probably a good example).

Despite having set up vehicles to use the destinations I've never actually used the rule/driver commands. However I believe the idea is you use the table rule to generate the list of available destinations and then use a driver command to access that list and apply the destination board to the vehicle. I think it only works if your stations etc. have names that match the ones set up in the vehicle.

Google site search does a better job than the site itself ? That's seems strange to me. That's like Burger King being more familiar with a McDonlds menu than the actual McDonalds. ( doesn't really matter to me , since food from those places don't settle well)

Google site search does a better job of finding things both in wiki and forums than does the normal search on the wiki or forums pages.

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Implement_a_Destination_Sign_System

Sure it can be better. I run a website with 1600 pages and we run our own search feature (Zoom Indexer). You can "weight" returns based on dozens and dozens of parameters. Even getting down to location of search word (ie: towards top, towards bottom) and you can weight results based on meta data (keywords, page name, description) or on url, or html code (h1, h2, h3, etc). In other words, there is over a 100 ways to "weight" a keyword when a site is indexed. It takes a lot of time and trial and error to configure. A search tool is only as good as you make it. Since it's Googles business (and other crawlers too) they are very good at it where N3V is likely at the mercy of the 3rd party tools and they just want to provide software, not tweak search tools.

Back