A few questions about payware routes and copyright

janathan

I plan on making a large fictional futuristic city tram route that takes place on a fictional group of islands. I have a few questions about using kuids of other creators as dependencies. For example, when uploading a train to the download station, I can reference a cab someone else created as a dependency, as I understand it. Does this rule change when the content you're making is payware? When testing the upload process with a smaller route I was working on, it said to include .cdp files for things that aren't on the DLS, which implies anything on the DLS is fine, but I've also come across content that says in the description or in the license that they can't be included as a payware object. What exactly are the rules with this? As well as with built-in objects?

If you are planning on selling through N3V (which from the sounds of it youare), you'll need to either get permission to include their items in your DLC pack, or replace them with something similar. More likely, replacing them with something that's on the DLS, or built-into the game will be the best route to take.
But yes, any non-DLS items that aren't built into the game must be supplied along with the route / sessions /etc.

Also for some additional important info, for TRS19 especially, make sure you aren't using any content that comes supplied as DLC packs (additional downloads for the game), as not all of those assets are on the TCCP server, and if one item isn't there, it will fail it, and will continue to until you replaced the item(s) it reports. Best way to avoid this is to have nothing in your packages folder (that's how I have my content folder setup, and 98% they are built on the first try).

Cheers

Hi All
If you are planning to release via the TCCP system, then it is generally acceptable to use DLS content in DLC packs, as this is covered by the EULA for uploading to the DLS as it is distributed through our system.

However if you are planning to release via your own website, then you may need to obtain permission if you wish to include the assets in the cdp you provide. You may also need to obtain permission if just referencing as a dependency, however this is more of a grey area tbh.

For content that is not on the DLS, you would need to obtain permission no matter what. This includes if you include the content in a TCCP package.

The TCCP system won't allow you to submit content with dependencies that are installed through another DLC pack. You would need to obtain a 'source' version of this asset, and install this to be able to submit the TCCP package.

Regards

Back