Set-Driver-Condition-Rule (update)

G.M.

This rule was made by stryker and me in 2004 (old version on DLS)
specially for content creators
SDCR.jpg

it still works and given it a little update
added: restart session
tested: in TRS19SP2
add it to a session(save session) go out of Trainz and go to Driver to that session
script code is open so you can see what we(I) did
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ghof1ezr19ubdrt/Set_Driver_Conditions_RuleTrs19.cdp/file

try this (cough beta) I love it :)
enjoy GM

This looks very promising G.M., so I will download it and give it 'a go'.
Appears to mostly replace (and augments) the 'Quick Drive' rule of yore...
Thank you.
Tested: Is there a way to resize the dialog so that all of the controls become visible?
I'm missing the row of buttons along the bottom of the pop-up dialog. This is on a Full HD (1920 by 1080) 32" screen.

Edit Update: Belay that! Misunderstood that the version on the DLS was the new, updated version.
Deleted the old version and downloaded and installed the CDP linked above. (Works like it says on the tin). :)
Will be useful for demonstrating Trainz driver sessions to the uninitiated...
Many thanks!

Last edited:
enjoy PC_Ace,
yes, the orginal on DLS was based on the 2004 graphics, think i used 1024 wide on my monitor back then
thats why the update also
19 downloads sofar, 1 reply (i am used to it by now haha)

I need to check this out. I downloaded it yesterday then I had to bring my dad to a doctor's appointment which was followed by a lengthy visit elsewhere to be followed yet again by another long nap when I finally arrived at home. I remember the old TRS2004 version. How graphics have changed in nearly 20 years.

Hope your dad is ok John
mine is 92 and has 1 of the biggest marklin H0 collections in my country.
Sadly he can't climb the stairs to play with his trains,
so have to collect and prepare a route for him to play in trainz
They dont have(and dont want) internet there, so have to use 1 of the older versions
that can be fully offline.

29 downloads, curious if people get it to work
have many more plans for it in the future, so its beta
greetings GM

Hope your dad is ok John
mine is 92 and has 1 of the biggest marklin H0 collections in my country.
Sadly he can't climb the stairs to play with his trains,
so have to collect and prepare a route for him to play in trainz
They dont have(and dont want) internet there, so have to use 1 of the older versions
that can be fully offline.

29 downloads, curious if people get it to work
have many more plans for it in the future, so its beta
greetings GM

My dad is 86. The day was quite serious!

He had a regular scope procedure done, but ended up with anaphylaxis shock due to the sterilization chemicals! This shock started as I was driving home and in the middle of nowhere, meaning neither here nor there near any hospital. I went as fast as I could, but stayed careful at the same time. I made it to a hospital finally and they took him in. Unfortunately, due to the CV-19, I couldn't stay with him. After some Benedryl, Epinephrine, and a steriod he was able to come home. The hospital is only 1.6 km from our house so is trip home was uneventful.

He's doing fine now, but very confused. I would be too after that.

I look forward to seeing what new things this can do. I hate the current TRS2019 interface for simple session setups and controls.

Not putting anything on DLS during development (the old 1 is btw)
I just posted this for people to test (the restart session) addition
i enjoyed discovering the option and thought I'd share it here
it is mainly used during content creation so its pure for those doing that
greetings GM

Added an extra "popup" screen (opens at 3rd button left from under)
where you can count various assets in your session.
On opening, every count is 0, then for each, there is a little button to start the count
On my PC its super fast, just used the old *cough* obsolete search ways.
By using the old, I can use it in almost any version of Trainz.

On the screen you see it used in UMR2021, my own session(expanded base-session)
sdcrcount.jpg

Triggers do not count well, this may be the reason the "Wait for Trigger" doesn't work as should.
8 hours straight, scipting and html work lol (I'm a slow old guy hahaha)
Trainz SP2 crashed at least 3 times during development (when trying to delete the rule in CM)
greetings GM

That's great stuff coming along there. Try clearing your cache/libraries folder periodically. That may help you delete the rule. I have a feeling this maybe a problem so its worth checking out given all the other caching issues we have with this build.

Note sometimes the deleting process appears to hang on the last few seconds or so. Let it continue and then everything is fine.

good tip John ty
i estimate i deleted and added it about 150x lol before i was content with how it is now
I remember in TRS2004 i made a batchfile for that, had not expected it is still needed ;-)
greetings GM

Sorry for asking, but I'm not familiar with this rule, but it looks really nice.
Can someone kindly give me an insight on how this works?:)
(and as a bonus, can it give you the total miles of track or no?)

Cheers

This rule was made by stryker and me in 2004 (old version on DLS)
specially for content creators
SDCR.jpg

it still works and given it a little update
added: restart session
tested: in TRS19SP2
add it to a session(save session) go out of Trainz and go to Driver to that session
script code is open so you can see what we(I) did
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ghof1ezr19ubdrt/Set_Driver_Conditions_RuleTrs19.cdp/file

try this (cough beta) I love it :)
enjoy GM
Not to deviate from the subject. But the railcar in your screenshot is Renault made on late 40's. I travelled at least 2 times while i was barely understanding life. Where can I download it? I'll love to have it. Thanks

@Hiawat, the rule gets added to a session and is only visible in driver, and can be minimized, a try-out you can download earlier in this thread, the original (2004) is on the DLS
but the graphics are not for todays trs2019, so that why the update,
Counting track would be hard, i can maybe count track sections, not the total length as far as i know. the prime use is for content creators and with the new addition
also for route builders.
@llebrez, it is a lovely model by Paul Hutten, he was having trouble with the cab controls, so checking it here, no idea when/where or if he will release it.
btw i am a Renault fan, I drive a 20 year old Espace 3 (actually matra)

Todays update:
-Added a session name on this screen, as we get older we tend to loose where we are (I am)
and if its name is Default, you know you have to give it a sensible name on saving.
-the Count buttons now have a (c) as opposed to the (x) to close the screen
-Behind the trains i added the count for our drivers
-The main screen now has the (?) icon which opens the info/count screen

Here a screen in my Route Nederland West v7 (dang 6380 junctions and i renamed them all)
interfac2.jpg

also visible is the somewhat altered drivers list
allready in SP1 i made the slider visible, the heads are smaller and fonts adjusted
greetings GM

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, and more info about the rule.
No biggie about the total miles of track, it was just a curious question I had :D
Going to give this rule a try sometime soon.

Cheers

Sorry to bother you GM but I have several times tried to download the latest version of this rule as shown just above in your last post.
However I always end up with the first version as shown at the beginning of this thread.
Is the link in the first post the only one to use? It is the only I have seen so far, so ...................

Cheers,
Laurie

When you make a session, Edit Session, then add the rule, then Save [V] at bottom of that screen,
When you go to Driver (not via Quickdrive) there is a button in the left upper corner.
enjoy GM

Update
-todays edit: also counting Scenery with Track items in your session

Here is the version with the extra count screen
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ar99v7cdj6707bv/Set_Driver_Conditions_Rule_Trs19v2.cdp/file
remove the old "Set Driver Conditions Rule" in CM, then add this cdp

Tip: if you use trackview rule like me, make it 236 pixels wide and 305 pixels from the top

give me some feedback and have fun GM

Last edited:
I actually sent you this in a message, not sure if you would see it so here it is again

Hi
Thanks for the response, works fine with following exception
Unable to see bottom line of second window.
Possible solution remove first three lines as they are repeating previous window.

stK2tKcZqTypmmIv
https://www.dropbox.com/l/AABKVzjPy4...p3XYuXljmLaIx4

Also when starting session "Time" should set itself to current game time.

I am unable to find "Track View Rule"

Ah good feedback Jack,
I see you have quite a long session name, then it moves to the next line and pushes all down
html in Trainz is quite limited, but i will see if i can do something with it.
Maybe i just remove the "Session:" text.

Can indeed check if the default should be the current game time, good tip

<kuid2:39730:61000:2> TrackView Rule, is on the DLS (but broken there),
you have to open it for editting, remove in the config the section "trackview-defaults" then submit
then it works perfect.
greetings GM
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Back