dozens of faulty assets

so i now have a problem when i go into surveyor it shows dozens of faulty assets, however, interestingly enough when i go into manage content all the assets surveyor said were faulty, appearently aren't faulty.

This occurs after an upgrade, extended database repair, and sometimes a regular DBR. You can clear these up by viewing errors and warnings and this fixes the problem.

Just for the purpose of some more clarity.

I am presuming that it is a route where Surveyor is indicating the presence of missing assets, usually by showing orange/red/yellow (opinions differ in these forums as to the exact colour) wire-frame boxes. If so what does CM say about that particular route? Missing assets?

yeah i went in to umr 2020 for example and it showed a lot of faulty assets, however i go into content manager and it doesn't show any errors, how do i perform an extended database repair in trainz 19? i only see rebuild database.

Last edited:
I had this issue with umr2019 but it might be the same issue. Right click on the route in CM and view errors and warnings. You should get a list of Car (0) Car(1) etc. Open the config txt of the route and delete these items and the faulty tag should go away.

i dont think the route is the issue when i click on trains tab in surveyor it shows dozens of faulty locos and rolling stock, however content manager doesn't show any faulty trains or locos

Apologies for not being clearer, the trains and rolling stock shows as faulty the route is fine, content manager doesnt show anything as faulty frisco 1522 for example shows as faulty in surveyor, but when i view it in content manager frisco 1522 doesnt show as faulty.

Do as John suggested in thread #3. Right click on 'view errors and warnings' and most of the time it will correct itself. Sometimes you may have to do it one or two times.

Did that the issue is the locos and rolling stock only appear faulty in surveyor content manager shows everything error free, seems to be an issue between content manager and the game or something?

Photo.png
don't know why i didn't do this earlier... so this should give you an idea of what i am talking about.

Last edited:
So in CM when you right click and list dependencies, do any of them have warnings or are in red text?

Update: after submitting a helpdesk ticket, i am happy to reportwe found that a buit in asset was faulty, and causing the issue, reverted it to original, and performed a EDR and the problem is solved.

Back