Installing TMR into TANE SP4

I have a fresh install of TANE SP4 and am trying to get TMR installed into it.

On the game opening screen the box comes up with all the DLC i have purchased, This has the routes listed. I do not particularly want the routes that come with TMR, Appen etc.

Is it possible to download TMR without the routes, I notice a lot of 'scxxx' in the list. Would one of these 'scxxx' be the basic TMR without the routes. If so which one?

Many thanks.

Depending on your internet and your drive space, you might want to just download it all, then just delete the routes from CM. That way you still get all the assets that come with those routes.

TMR without the routes is pretty much just TANE SP1. You should either have all the built-ins from TMR already in TANE or you can download them from the DLS. I really don't follow what you want to achieve.

William

TMR without the routes is pretty much just TANE SP1. You should either have all the built-ins from TMR already in TANE or you can download them from the DLS. I really don't follow what you want to achieve.

William

Perhaps I didn't explain myself too clearly.

When I open TANE after the fresh install I get the window offering the additional content I have purchased. The 'DLC' stuff.

I am assuming that the TMR routes and assets are there also because I purchased the TANE add-on version of TMR.

But they are not listed by name only those dreaded 'scxxx' numbers. For example I have in this list 'simc sc450' (parts 1 - 10). Which 'scxxx' numbers do I need to install to get TMR?

There are bound to be some assets included in TMR that are not in TANE apart from the routes themselves.

Many thanks.

TMR is available as a stand alone product - not an addon to any of the later versions.
This is the TMR package available from the TRAINZ store which will provide you with all the TMR built-in routes.
TMR (as you describe /want it) is already built-in to TANE & TRS2019. Therefore you can build model layouts within either of these products that you currently have.

TMR is available as a stand alone product - not an addon to any of the later versions.
This is the TMR package available from the TRAINZ store which will provide you with all the TMR built-in routes.
TMR (as you describe /want it) is already built-in to TANE & TRS2019. Therefore you can build model layouts within either of these products that you currently have.

Well I purchased the TMR Add-On for TANE (SP2?) back in the day. Then first TANE was updated to SP4 then TS19 was introduced.

So I've already paid for TANE and TMR only to find they are giving it away for free.

Nice business to do people with.

I won't hold my breath waiting for a refund.

I originally purchased the standalone copy of TMR2017 because I didn't want it to get mixed up in a later version of TANE. As mentioned above TMR2017 is TANE SP1, - though perhaps more like SP1.5, - not that it really matters. The big thing is that it's basically stable, it does what it says on the tin and it will never never never be patched or 'upgraded' by N3V. I've moved some of my TS2012 layouts over to it to take advantage of the 64 bit game engine, but without any of the drama, complication and 'sun-gone-supernova' lighting of the later versions. My only complaint with it is that there are too many dismals (diesels) in the bundled layouts.
A lot of older assets look a lot nicer in TMR2017 and with 90% of Trainz assets being for TS2012 and earlier versions I don't think I'm missing out on that much when I update an older layout/route into TMR2017. I'm definitely know I'm missing out on fixing lots of broken assets though which is a big plus.

The standalone version of TMR2017 is $29.99 at the moment, but it does sometimes get cheaper during a sale. I notice that N3V is hiding it away in the backroom Trainz Store menus these days, but at least it is still available. As to refunds and such I never worry about that since I look on any partial twice done purchases as being a donation to keep N3V from the poorhouse,

Last edited:
KotangaGirl

My problem, the one that prompted the OP, is that life changing circumstances have reduced me to a single laptop.

It copes with TANE with the settings set high but struggles a bit with TS19 and larger routes.

Moving backwards to the more stable versions of Trainz seems a good idea and you are right when you say a lot of the older assets look nicer in TANE/TMR2017. I originally put that down to the better graphics on my laptop but you are correct it is across the board. That being said if an asset is bad it stays bad no matter what graphic enhance it.

I am content with what I have got now, being selective about what assets I install. Anything 'Unknown Location' or 'Faulty' just get deleted I can't be bothered finding stuff and repairing it.

Ah yes, - life changing circumstances, - I know all about those. You have my utmost sympathy.

Being somewhat of a tinkerer with cheap ex-lease computer parts I presently have both a powerful dual processor Xeon computer as well as very ordinary Intel i5 powered computer and while it might seem strange I mostly use the ordinary i5 powered one to run Trainz. I'm a content creator in a fairly modest way and something that I want to make sure of is that anything I put together will run on ordinary budget computers.

When it comes to Trainz I like a simple approach and while I own TRS19 Platinum I don't really like all its hi-tech nonsense and general bugginess. Which brings me back to TMR2017 which just plain works without any nonsense. And I do agree with you that a bad poorly put together asset is always going to look bad no matter what hi-tech enhancements get pointed at it. There's some really awful assets that N3V have built-in to TRS19 which makes me wonder how carefully they check these things before releasing them. On the other hand I have some old payware steam engines from TS2004 and TS2006 days that look very nice indeed in TRS19 SP2. Quality is not necessarily dependent on a version number in my view.

I have severe doubts about TANE SP4. Fortunately I backed up my copy of TANE SP3 so I dodged that one.

I am content with what I have got now, being selective about what assets I install. Anything 'Unknown Location' or 'Faulty' just get deleted I can't be bothered finding stuff and repairing it.

That's really good. I was a housebound invalid before this COVID-19 thing descended on the world and Trainz is one of the things that helps to keep me sane and my mind active. With the arrival of TS2019 SP1 I spent far too long trying to fix broken stuff. I would guess that TANE SP4 is just the same with busting assets. These days like you I now just delete anything faulty and don't I worry about it.

Ah yes, - life changing circumstances, - I know all about those. You have my utmost sympathy.

Hi KatangaGirl

Sympathies not required but thank you all the same.

My Life Changing circumstances involved employment or the lack thereof due to the Pandemic. First I was Furloughed for about 3 months before being made redundant. There are plenty of others like me, some are worse off some better off.

It led to a drastic down sizing. Hence no space for a decent desk top... had to let that one go :(

A lot of us wish we lived in NZ right now thanks to Jacinda. :)

Back