Asset locked on layer cannot select with ?

Chris750

I have noted in TRS19 that unlike the previous trainz, the only way ? works in surveyor to ID what layer an asset is on now is if the layer is unlocked, as an example: I was deleting ballast on the ballast layer (all others but route layer locked) and suddenly I would just get a beep and could not delete the ballast, normally I would just select the ? button and click on the ballast and it would provide the details, lets say "layer track", I could then change it in the window to ballast and carry on, this does not work now unless the layer (track) is unlocked. Am I doing something wrong or was this changed for 19?

It's the same in T:ane; if a layer is locked you cannot query the properties of an asset assigned to that layer. In order to determine which layer it has been assigned to, you could try selectively hiding / unhiding each layer until the asset in question disappears.

John

sorry, but I can, I confirmed it before I posted, on TANE I can always click on an object whether locked/hidden and it will pop up the properties window

***I have been doing the layer by layer thing, it is a stupid way of having to find something especially when you start getting into the 20+ layers***

Back